• Breaking News

    Friday, October 15, 2021

    Lord of the Rings Online | Updated map showing Gundabad zone(s). And an expanded look into the south?

    Lord of the Rings Online | Updated map showing Gundabad zone(s). And an expanded look into the south?


    Updated map showing Gundabad zone(s). And an expanded look into the south?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 12:53 PM PDT

    Some pros and cons from a new player

    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 06:14 PM PDT

    Hey all, just wanted to share some of my thoughts so far as a new player. I've previously played WoW, ESO, GW2, and FFXIV extensively for context.

    Pros

    • The setting. It's incredible to be able to explore Middle Earth and be involved in the events of LOTR (and beyond).
    • The environment design. While the setting helps carry this a bit, the developers did a great job of bringing the locations and various environments to life (so to speak). The environments hold up surprisingly well considering the age of the game.
    • The class variety and uniqueness. For a fantasy game, the classes here are quite unique and the fact that they're inspired from existing Tolkein characters is a very nice touch.
    • The ability to earn LP. Monetisation models aside, being able to earn LP in-game is a good feature for anyone who'd rather grind than spend real money.

    Cons

    • The UI. Personally this is one of the biggest issues I have with LOTRO. The UI is extremely dated and does not scale well at all with higher resolutions. The UI and fonts turn into a blurry mess if you scale them higher using the settings. Proper scaling and font size options would make the game much more enjoyable, especially for players coming from newer games or other MMOs that have modernised. I'm aware that there are skins to make the UI look better but the scaling issue remains.
    • The character models. These could do with another update to bring up the quality. Even just updates to the textures and normal maps could go a long way if full remodels are too difficult for the old engine.
    • Pricing. The regular pricing of expansions, particularly old expansions, is very expensive. This is a big barrier for entry for new players, and the only reason I decided to try LOTRO was because of the recent free quest packs and discounted expansion quest packs.
    • Account security. 2-factor authentication should really have been implemented long ago. The basic username password system just isn't enough anymore.
    submitted by /u/Tofuffalo
    [link] [comments]

    Rivendell after 30.3

    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 08:55 AM PDT

    What’s gonna happen to Epic Battles now?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 05:59 PM PDT

    So many old instances have become obsolete because they are non-scalable and/or they do not offer any more level-appropriate rewards. But with EB, everyone is scaled to lvl 100, and they offer so many different mechanics than just killing mobs in most instances. And one was able to barter starlit crystals, scrolls of empowerment and essence reclamation scrolls, so even though people played mostly Pelagir, other EBs were still played from time to time.

    BUT, after the LI update, the only meaningful reward for lvl100+ to barter with the stars of merits is the essence scroll, one for 150 stars, which is about 1.5 runs of Pelagir, whereas in a skirmish raid you get 6 seals which means 6 scrolls if you have enough marks and medallions. That pretty much means EBs are also officially dead.

    I seriously hope the devs are at least considering giving some meaningful rewards for upgrading your LIs or armours to EBs. It's a small thing in the code but it's gonna revive a whole series of fun.

    submitted by /u/gam2u
    [link] [comments]

    Shouldn't we wait for level cap to increase and hit 131 before recycling old LIs and buying traceries?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 05:31 PM PDT

    I would think I should save resources for the 131 tier.

    Or am I missing something?

    submitted by /u/Nemarus
    [link] [comments]

    64bit client confirmed to finally be out of Beta?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 03:00 PM PDT

    Since the 64bit client came out, I've noticed that the launcher kept the Still in Beta warning in the menu. Today, after updating to 30.3, I noticed first that a warning about the legacy client not being supported anymore was in place.

    Only a few minutes later I noticed what wasn't there: A warning about the 64bit client still being in Beta. So I guess it's officially out of Beta?

    submitted by /u/Aftaminas
    [link] [comments]

    Red Beorning DPS after 30.3?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 12:15 AM PDT

    Has anyone at max level tested it yet? Someone mentioned that they now pulled competitive dps, so I am wondering what do you guys think or what did you find out?

    submitted by /u/Warlord42
    [link] [comments]

    wells of LangFlood

    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 10:52 AM PDT

    Brawler virtues?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 02:58 AM PDT

    Haven't reached cap in years, so not versed on good endgame virtues.

    Which are recommended for endgame dps and which for tanking?

    submitted by /u/Dynan
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need the War of Three Peaks expansion?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 07:11 PM PDT

    I'm currently level 122 in the vales, and about to buy the minas morgul expansion pack. As I understand, that will take me to 130, at which time fate of gundabad will be available. So my question is do i need to buy war of three peaks considering it's level 130 only? And do I need the expansion to do the epic quests?

    submitted by /u/funnyfinny
    [link] [comments]

    Question about old LI stuff

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 01:45 AM PDT

    1. Should I just destroy every LI after appraising them? Just two weeks ago I spent a lot of gold to get Second Age LIs :(
    2. What about old Runes and Essences?
    3. Are Relics completely lost? Spent a lot of money recently upgrading them...
    4. Is the old LI panel going to be unused?
    5. Is LI XP still a thing? I see it as quest rewards...

    Thanks!

    PS: I actually enjoyed the lootboxy nature of the old system, now it seems too easy

    submitted by /u/InsaneGoblin
    [link] [comments]

    I only entered Moria and got my Legendary item a day before the update.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 01:09 PM PDT

    Can someone explain what appraise means? I clicked it and nothing happened šŸ˜…

    Also, I'm a captain and got a legendary item of a herald banner but it doesn't seem to be levelling up?

    I'll look up the other stuff like motes and things. I've no idea what any of it means :)

    submitted by /u/Sadrien6
    [link] [comments]

    It's lotro-music clip about love, hate and fog. Taste it!

    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 11:51 AM PDT

    Unable to login

    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 08:24 PM PDT

    Haven't play in a while. Trying to get back into the game,.but I'm unable to log. I have the "wrong password/username" error message.

    Tried multiples times to reset my password, but even then it keeps giving me this error message and I'm unable to play the game or even log in my accout

    Any help ? Wish to see you soon in Middle Earth

    submitted by /u/Thalesqc
    [link] [comments]

    New LI's and crafting

    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 12:37 PM PDT

    I really liked the crafting, looking for ingredients, gaining guild reputation etcetera and used it for my LI's.

    Now with the new system, it looks like I only need to go to Rivendell once in a while to upgrade, and only need ingredients that I get by killing and not by gathering or crafting. Did I miss something? Or do I just need to wait until more functionalities are added?

    submitted by /u/FrankvdN
    [link] [comments]

    Epic Quest issue whit the revamp

    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 06:07 AM PDT

    Yesterday I was doing the festival with my alts and out of curiosity, I decided to visit Rivendell with one of them to convert the LIs he had recently earned during his journey to Moria. This would prevent me from doing something wrong with my main and would give me an overview of what the new system is like with newly obtained LIs.

    I found out that I could not enter the room in Rivendell to trade because I need the "Seeker of Deep Places" trait for that. However, I am at the part of the Epic Quest where I need to reforge my old LIs to continue "Chapter 11: Forged Anew" which is impossible after the revamp... So it is not possible for me to continue the quest line to gain the trait to change the LIs and I am stuck with the old one...

    I have opened a ticket in the hope that they will do something about this problem which is a fairly one-off case but may affect more people who return to the game or were stuck with some character at this very point in the Epic chain.

    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Seeker_of_Deep_Places

    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Quest:Chapter_11:_Forged_Anew

    submitted by /u/Arcadi0
    [link] [comments]

    Exodia - Recruitment (Arkenstone)

    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 12:52 PM PDT

    what do you do with relic and shards now that the new LI system is out?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 06:20 PM PDT

    As the title says; is there any reason to keep runes and shards? I can't see any barter NPC that takes shards or relics that are not equipped to a LI.

    The relic master is still melting runes for shards; is that something worth doing or there is somewhere a barter NPC to get rid of those items and convert them in marks for the new LI system?

    submitted by /u/fttklr
    [link] [comments]

    Question about discounts on expansions

    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 10:26 AM PDT

    Hey mates

    Being checking the store, saw you can buy expansions and expansions quests separatly despite expansions having it all. Question: now most exp. quest are at 99 lp, if I buy them, do the price on expansions get reduced? I think it makes sense but I want to be sure before spending my hard grinded lp :( 2020 lp farm method gets old man, and I want all expansions.

    submitted by /u/Tormentus9
    [link] [comments]

    Is LotRO a Good game to play with your little brother ?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 04:35 AM PDT

    Hey guys, 8 months ago I gave my PC to my little brother as a birthday present for his 10th anniversary (I'm 25y), it's an old PC, with a GTX 650 1GB, so it cant run most of the new games, and now I managed to get me another PC with the same specs, also my bother have never played a MMORPG.

    I have played this game back in like 2015, and now my brother just discovered the existence of this game, he likes the hobbit movies, but have never watched Lord of the rings movies.

    I'm thinking about starting playing it again with him since he is asking me so much, besides we are not English speakers.

    So my question is... Is LotRO a good choice for us to play ? What is your points if it is or if it isn't ?

    Do you have another "low medium" online/co-op/MMO/Lan games to recommend for us ?

    Thanks guys

    submitted by /u/Early_Inflation_5045
    [link] [comments]

    A few questions since the LI revamp.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 07:59 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I have a few questions since the LI revamp.

    Can I trash the old (already appraised) LI?

    Do heritage runes still have a use? Scrolls of renewal?

    How to gain fragmented traceries (beside appraising old LI)? Ancient Scripts?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/olilo
    [link] [comments]

    Trouble installing from Launcher?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 09:19 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I'm trying to install this for the first time and I'm having some issues. The launcher worked fine the first time, but then for some reason it got hung up at the 84% installed point. I figured there must have been a problem and it got disconnected, so I tried closing and re-opening the launcher to re-establish the connection... Now when I open the Launcher it gets stuck at installing pre-reqs. How do I go about correcting this so I can finish installing the game?

    submitted by /u/Forward1back2
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment