• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 16, 2021

    Lord of the Rings Online | NPCs not impressed with the new class

    Lord of the Rings Online | NPCs not impressed with the new class


    NPCs not impressed with the new class

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 07:37 PM PDT

    When you first experience Lone-lands

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 05:55 AM PDT

    Level 45 diary: First impressions of the game

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 05:51 PM PDT

    Finally made it to 45, and I thought to put my thoughts of the game into words.

    I'll start by saying this: the game is absolutely stunning. The fields, rivers, mountains, forests, swamps, castles and ruins, valleys and cities are all look gorgeous even with the game's dated graphics.

    I skipped swift traveling many times just so I can lose myself in the roads, watching the zones I only saw as a words in a book manifest into visual lands.

    I remember as a kid I used every word Tolkien wrote to describe a zone and imagined in my head how the world looks like.

    I never felt that sense of wonder since the release of world of warcraft. Even ESO and FFXIV didn't made my head wander off like lotro did.

    Only level 45 and I barely scratched the surface of the map. Can't wait to see everything.

    I found an amazing kinship. It appears like many of them have been around for years and know each other, their interactions is almost family-like. A family where lotr geek like me may have a place in.

    The community is one of the friendliest I've ever encountered. When I introduced myself to my server, I got so many warm "Welcome!" In chat I felt almost like they know me.

    So far I'm in love with this game.

    It has few minuses, but none of them annoyed me too much.

    The game's monetisation is absolutely horrible, almost identical to a mobile game. I don't really care about the store looking old but the game shoves the points thing to my face all the time.

    Finding groups for dungeons in low level is pretty difficult, the instance finder is pretty much useless from my experience with it and a new matchmaking system would prove somewhat more efficient.

    Last thing is not much of a minus but more of an expressed thought.

    I have no love for boosters and all these "pay to progress quickly" items which floods the game's item shop. I've always found them go against what an mmo stands for. But I guess since the game has been around for so long, having to go through the same thing over and over would become tedious.

    Can't wait to get to Moria!

    submitted by /u/Johnl582
    [link] [comments]

    Cord of the Rings 10/15

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 10:43 AM PDT

    Lots of news in this week's Cord of the Rings (which you can watch here)! The TLDR of my TLDW (lol) is that there'll be a big Bullroarer preview starting Wednesday with Gundabad and a PvMP update featured. Let me know if I missed anything!

    • LI Rework
      • Bridles will be coming post-Gundabad, but before Legendary Servers get to Rohan
      • No plans to add an additional tracery archive in another location, but not set in stone
      • Worth keeping old LI materials (like star-lits, heritage runes) but not old LIs that were not slotted in your LI menu (e.g. you can't appraise them)
      • Still looking at improving the new LI UI, expect iterations on it for the next several months at least
      • No plans to remove Ancient Script currency cap, it's in place to prevent hoarding (though the actual cap number may change)
      • Looking at ways to make the old LI skins available (emphasis that this won't be a paid/LOTRO store product)
      • Next week's patch planned to change traceries from bound to character to bound to account
    • Brawler
      • Happy with brawler landscape DPS, still looking at endgame raid DPS, but no plans to immediately update
      • Still working on improving both pre- and post-Moria battle gauntlet sources
      • Want to do Brawler LUA support, but won't likely be before next year (developer who initially did LUA support is no longer at SSG). Looking at enhanced LUA support for other classes as well.
    • Bullroarer
      • Next Bullroarer preview will be Wednesday Oct. 20
        • Most of Gundabad will be able to be played, but will be the first preview so expect some bugs
        • PvMP update — a developer will be on Bullroarer Thursday evening EST to get feedback from players, more info TBD
        • Several new game performance enhancements
    • Festivals
      • The Harvest Festival not having new cosmetics/pets/mounts/etc is the exception, not the rule. Ran out of time as it's in proximity to two major updates (30.3 and Gundabad).
      • Some artists who've finished Gundabad are already working on Yule cosmetics.
      • There's not supposed to be a title this year for Durin's Day -- the developer who made the event specifically made it to be three titles, no plans to add to it in the future.
    • Legendary Servers
      • Shadowfax will be getting Mirkwood on Nov. 3
      • Happy with the current population of Shadowfax
      • Treebeard will go to Moria in January, Shadowfax will go to Isengard around the same time
    • Miscellaneous
      • Starting work on next housing update, but it's too early to announce
      • If you purchased the standard or collector's edition of Gundabad, you can upgrade to a higher tier (collector's or ultimate, respectfully) for the cost of the difference
      • SSG hasn't tested LOTRO on Windows 11 officially, however players have reported that it works fine
      • Closed world transfers are a high priority, but a system that the team working on it thought would work didn't, and they'll likely have to manually migrate the worlds to a new backend system.
      • Taking a look at relevance of old class/race restrictions (Dwarf captain was specifically mentioned) but no current plans, maybe with a future expansion
      • SSG now has an all new customer support team and manager, they're working through the backlog
    submitted by /u/UnkoalafiedKoala
    [link] [comments]

    if I buy this used will I still be able to get the mount or its a code?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 04:06 PM PDT

    "Brawler doesn't make sens". Meanwhile, in game:

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 05:29 AM PDT

    Week 2 with my elf friends!

    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 12:53 AM PDT

    Pend Eregion looking towards the Trollshaws

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 10:47 PM PDT

    Treats or Trickery doormat locations?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 04:20 PM PDT

    I saw that previous years people have used these threads to find where to go, and now it's the season!

    I'll start- Crickhollow server, Strawgully in shire housing, Harrow road

    submitted by /u/WorriedRiver
    [link] [comments]

    New Player any Tips?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 08:48 PM PDT

    Rolled a Hunter Hobbit on Arkenstone! Any tips for a new players?

    submitted by /u/Automatic_Ranger_926
    [link] [comments]

    When is the curator going to be available?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 08:53 PM PDT

    I am capped on figments of splendor and was hoping to spend them at the curator to buy a training dummy decoration. But the curator is not available. I had thought she was going to appear because there is a new event running. Do we know when she will be available again?

    submitted by /u/SlashStar
    [link] [comments]

    Reference to one of Tolkien's non-Legendarium books?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 12:09 PM PDT

    More ancient scripts?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 01:57 AM PDT

    Where can I find more ancient scripts apart from those you get from your old LIs? I saw a vague notion in a post somewhere about running high level end game content… Something more specific? Thnx in advance

    submitted by /u/Electrical_Quit5556
    [link] [comments]

    Challenge solo

    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 01:52 AM PDT

    I just started and am currently lvl 15, playing solo / champion. I do like the game as its immersive and quests are well written. What bothers me is that up to this point there has not been a single challenging fight, which is something that in MMOs is key to me. Before I continue with the Champion class: will it remain that easy also in higher levels? Is it more challenging with more difficult classes?

    submitted by /u/launzzz
    [link] [comments]

    Returning Player Class Question

    Posted: 16 Oct 2021 01:18 AM PDT

    Hey guys. I'm a returning player to LOTRO. After getting a video recommended in Youtube about the free quest packs, I considered the return. Didn't get past Level 30 before, wanna get to endgame and take the game seriously now. I think I'm gonna buy the Gundabad xpac, but still torn between Burglar, Warden and Brawler. Researched about all 3 of them, Warden and Burglar are really strong basically, but we still dont have much info about Brawler because it just came out. So, what do you think, which one would be the best choice? Ty :)

    submitted by /u/Milii56
    [link] [comments]

    Forming group to rp for a change of pace

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 02:20 PM PDT

    Hi middle earthers and friends, we are building up a group to try a run with some rp flavor, we will be playing on gladden. Its our first try so where not sure what its going to look like but where figuring things out at the moment.

    We will have a:

    High elf captain

    Human burglar

    Got 2 more people trying to figure out some logistics and times. I am on PST other hommie is on EST, we have a discord so if your looking for a group run, come say hi.

    https://discord.gg/gj8MTXZV

    We are trying to start this week end

    submitted by /u/Dull-Objective3967
    [link] [comments]

    Valar 130 - What to do before Gundabad

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 11:46 AM PDT

    As title; used valar to boost a new character to 130.

    What are your top tips and suggestions for things to do or get done before Gundabad releases?

    submitted by /u/ppw306r
    [link] [comments]

    LI's for lower-mid level players

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 07:30 AM PDT

    Hello everyone.

    I recently returned thanks to the quest pack after a year-ish break and have been having a lot of fun getting back into the game. I got my first LI yesterday, the day after the new system came out, and have been running through Moria trying to progress in the game. I'm level 55, so my LI's aren't going to be super powerful quite yet, but I'm wondering if we know of a way to get ancient script at these lower levels?

    Most of my kinsmen had all of their old LI's that they could disassemble at a Forge-Master to just get more script and traceries, but I don't have that luxury.

    I notice that almost all of the quests at my level in Eregion and Moria still give Legendary Item Experience as a reward, which seems like a HUGE oversight in my opinion. I haven't been able to add anything to my Hunter's Sword of Legends, since I don't have any traceries or Heralds. How do we get these items at lower levels, without having any old LI's to disassemble?

    submitted by /u/WitchKing17
    [link] [comments]

    While travelling through Nanduhirion, Third Marshals Sylver and Frost see something that brings a huge smile to their faces. Special shout-out to the Lonely Mountain Bears of Landroval ^_^ This chance meeting made us so happy. (captions)

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 05:59 AM PDT

    Question about new LI system

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 05:44 PM PDT

    So, I traded in some old LIs and with it bartered for my Captain sword, which had three open slots. Then I reforged it, and I received a pop up window that looked like an error message, saying "Slots left empty!" At level 97, I have only six slots open for my window, three in color and three now grayed out. Was I supposed to fill those first three slots with traceries *before* forging? I haven't put any traceries in it yet, so I guess I could discard it and start over if necessary. Before I buy any traceries, should I start over? I have more than enough ancient scripts, roughly 17k. Will I be able to slot any traceries in those three grayed out slots?

    Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Maccabee2
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone when is the curator showing up ?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 03:19 PM PDT

    About Amarthiel and the palantir....

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 02:59 PM PDT

    Amarthiel was able to find a lesser ring of power with a palantir, but Sauron cant find the one ring with it?

    submitted by /u/CosmicLitter
    [link] [comments]

    Have been set to inactive account by SSG

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 06:07 PM PDT

    Does anyone know how I can reverse this? I last played probably 9 months ago, and went to log back in this evening, but kept getting a message saying my information was incorrect. So I tried their customer support, and I have been getting an error saying inactive accounts cannot use that service. Any advice would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/HostileGrey
    [link] [comments]

    Sudden increased use of laptop fan

    Posted: 15 Oct 2021 02:11 PM PDT

    Anyone else experience a sudden increased use of the fan? When I launch LOTRO now, the fan goes into overdrive. This has never happened before. The laptop runs very cool, so it's not overheating. Is there a setting or something that was added this patch?

    submitted by /u/Rupart200
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment