• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 7, 2021

    Lord of the Rings Online | Revisiting after playing actively in 2007-08: The thing that LotRO has over MMOs

    Lord of the Rings Online | Revisiting after playing actively in 2007-08: The thing that LotRO has over MMOs


    Revisiting after playing actively in 2007-08: The thing that LotRO has over MMOs

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 10:51 PM PDT

    Is its area design. LotRO's zones are unmatched, particularly in the early game experience.

    My main MMO has been FFXIV since its (re)launch in 2013. I love the game, but its zones have nothing on LotRO's. Zones in most MMOs, including modern ones, feel inorganic and contrived - like a weird series of rooms connected by hallways and dressed up with props to feel like forests, deserts, mountains, etc.

    LotRO, uniquely among MMOs that I have played, conveys a realistic, natural sense of scale, that actually feels like being outside. Towns and fields connect seamlessly without zone lines. It's difficult to put into words, but I was utterly mystified by it playing as a high schooler in 2007. And it's still there popping back in on a new character in 2021. Bree-land and the Shire feel like genuine places. They're not fantastical, but they're big, and they don't feel artificially walled in. Most games fail to present as simple an environment as a wide-open grassy field anywhere near as convincingly and immersively as LotRO does. I don't know how seriously I'm going to play the game this time around, but I can see how one could enjoy it as their primary MMO even after all these years.

    Just wanted to share my appreciation for this aspect of the game. Cheers.

    submitted by /u/Callidor
    [link] [comments]

    The Smoking Adventures of Beniliborn Stormsting: Part 12

    Posted: 07 Oct 2021 12:34 AM PDT

    Excited to finally be here!

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 02:13 PM PDT

    Bree-Town from Barrow-Down hills! The Immersion is impeccable!!

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 05:59 AM PDT

    Adventures through middle earth. Collection of recent screenshots love this game

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 01:00 PM PDT

    I just returned to LotRO a few days ago and came across this beautiful sight in The Shire! Wanted to share it with all of you!

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 06:06 AM PDT

    Fornost

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 04:14 PM PDT

    Another returning player

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 06:01 PM PDT

    I was on from the start - the VERY start. And I made the mistake of not buying the $100 "VIP for life" offer that was made for a short time, and ended up playing for almost 2 years after that offer (at $15 a month IIRR). Now I'm back, and my Burglar is ready to leave Enedwaith and venture down into Rohan (thank you 99-coin expansion prices!). I left the game with a level 65 Burglar, Captain, Hunter, Minstrel and Runekeeper. But the Burglar was my first and favorite.

    Question I have - I seem to remember having more traits. At level 65 I have 44 or 45 points or something, and I can only go half way down one of the trait lines with a pick or two on the other trees. But I seem to remember having more skills... like using a lot of tricks/gambles whereas now it looks like I have to clearly choose debuff vs damage. Was something done to change the way those points work?

    Any advice for a player who has been gone for around a decade? At the time I had done all the content (oddly enough the Angmar balrog was one of the tougher things because everyone had ditched the moral gear which wasn't needed in Moria). But now I feel like a total noob. I didn't even know if there was a vault!

    submitted by /u/GS-J-Rod
    [link] [comments]

    LI guide for U30.3 revamp

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 11:03 AM PDT

    The LI guide for the 30.3 Revamp

    Aim: provide a full guide for lotroplayers (ranging from occasional to casual raider) about the LI revamp. Answer the most prudent questions such as What is, where do i, how do i and why doesn't this work? Will there be niches i didn't cover? Probably. Overall guide to everything U30.3 Li revamp.

    Last updated as (see in guide)

    https://lotroplayers.com/2021/10/06/li-guide-u30-3/

    submitted by /u/squirle123
    [link] [comments]

    Lotro server

    Posted: 07 Oct 2021 12:26 AM PDT

    Anyone can link family friendly gear server on discord?

    submitted by /u/Happy-Antelope-8484
    [link] [comments]

    Sign Up Down?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 02:54 PM PDT

    I've been trying to create an account for the last couple of hours to no success, it appears that the page is down after filling in the required fields.

    Is there any alternative way to sign up?

    submitted by /u/nioof
    [link] [comments]

    Getting disarmed by an enemy removes stats.

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 04:06 AM PDT

    On the current Bullroarer Preview build you lose all the stats/trecerys of your weapons when you are disarmed by an enemy. This leads to you losing tons of Moral every time you are disarmed and can kill you.

    I don't remember this being a thing with the "old" legendary weapons.

    submitted by /u/Xulgrimar
    [link] [comments]

    Hunter travel plugin

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 09:09 AM PDT

    After playing for over 6 years I'm finally getting around to using the Hunter travel plugin. I tried installing Travel Window II (https://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info1113-.html ) by creating a plugin folder and activating it in the LOTRO settings, but I keep getting an error saying it couldn't load the package. I've been told I don't have to follow the long complicated instructions on the lotrointerface site. Anyone here have experience with plugins?

    submitted by /u/kendyllspelledwithay
    [link] [comments]

    anyone else sticking to treebeard/shadowfax when LI revamp releases?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 08:50 AM PDT

    It will be madness out there first few days, bugs and hot fixes as time goes by. What better to just stick with those servers and earning your new LI hopefully fixed, on a fresh character when they expand?

    submitted by /u/jaypech
    [link] [comments]

    Crashes and Freezes on Treebeard this evening

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 01:29 PM PDT

    Any other servers getting them?

    submitted by /u/Bango-TSW
    [link] [comments]

    Returning to the Game

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 03:07 AM PDT

    Hey /r/lotro,

    I used to play LOTRO a long time ago, I loved the game but eventually stopped playing so I could focus on other things, I left around the release of Draigoch raid - also I should said that I really disliked the loot boxes and LI that were introduced around that time so it made it easier to quit. Are loot boxes still a thing?

    I re-watched LOTR recently and just felt incredible nostalgia for the game, the places and people I met. And I though to return for a while, I don't really have a lot of time to play but wanted to give it a try.

    I see that there is a promotion at this time: https://www.lotro.com/en/getready .

    Does this include every quest pack minus the expansions (unfortunately I lost access to my account so I'd have to start from scratch)? Is this the whole base game for free?

    Any recommendations in regards to server and progression since the expansions seem to be on sale as well?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/nioof
    [link] [comments]

    Getting the Warden Class

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 07:25 AM PDT

    Hello, i´m new to the game and i want to get the Warden class, but nowadays i can only obtain it with lotro points ? I remember the class come along with the quad pack, but i dont find anymore to buy it and based from what i read of LOTRO Expansion Trove the class dont come along.

    submitted by /u/Groover1880
    [link] [comments]

    Why is arkenstone down and when is it gonna come back up

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 07:55 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment