• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 21, 2021

    Lord of the Rings Online | Dol Guldur

    Lord of the Rings Online | Dol Guldur


    Dol Guldur

    Posted: 21 Oct 2021 02:14 AM PDT

    No Title

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 11:27 PM PDT

    Yesterday I have played for 3 hours and leveled up from 19 to 20 without doing a single quest or killing something.

    This game is not like other MMO's, I have been a WoW player for 12 long years and that 12 years consisted of grinding for gear which become garbage after 4 months and total scrap after 2 years when the next expansion hit the shelves. I was not enjoying the game anymore, however I am fond of my human paladin which is my only character in this 12 years. Many memories and many hard earned achievements.

    Finally I thought I give a try to Lotro because I absolutely love Tolkien and the Hobbit (book/movie). Do not let it fool you, this game is gorgeous. I just can't go through the Shire without spending hours galloping around and taking screenshots from every angle. This game is what I always whised World of Warcraft could become. It is not the endgame but the journey you take while leveling through the land which was so perfectly brought to life, that sometimes I don't want to leave a zone because it captured me so deeply with its atmosphere.

    And the most important thing is I can be a traveling Bard Knight who I always wanted to be...

    submitted by /u/heleas03
    [link] [comments]

    Fate of Gundabad Zone Maps

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 06:54 PM PDT

    What is the dumbest thing you did as a new player?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2021 03:58 AM PDT

    I joined a German server and was confused as to why everyone was speaking German. I also asked on the OOC how to make the horses go faster. šŸ¤¦‍♀️

    submitted by /u/camirethh
    [link] [comments]

    Area in Gundabad small Sneak Peak from beta (don't click if want to be surprised later)

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 04:10 PM PDT

    LI guide updated to 30.3.1

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 11:05 PM PDT

    https://lotroplayers.com/2021/10/06/li-guide-u30-3/

    Updated for 30.3.1 Added Farming strats and confirmed droprates portion.

    • FaQ
    • Currencies
    • New LI's explained
    • Replacing your (current) LI
    • Appraisal (updated)
    • Where to find more? (extended)
    • Farming traceries and ancient script (added)
    submitted by /u/squirle123
    [link] [comments]

    LOTRO skies appreciation post

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 06:59 AM PDT

    LOTRO Fate of Gundabad preview: Maps and screenshots

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 11:09 PM PDT

    SSG changed the voice on the wrong character. They should have left Tom Bombadil alone and instead given Lalia a voice that doesn't sound like a babbling 1-year-old. (captions)

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 05:19 PM PDT

    This game's community is extremely kind. Why is that?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 08:04 AM PDT

    I've only been playing for two days on Gladden, so I might be proven wrong later, but looking at the world chat was a really pleasant surprise. Everyone's so nice and polite with each other. Even in this subreddit, people seem really helpful. How come this particular online community has managed to avoid the negativity/trolling you see in a lot of other online communities?

    submitted by /u/chesapeake_ripperz
    [link] [comments]

    I made a quick tutorial on installing and adding PLUGINS :)

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 12:43 PM PDT

    Gundabad, the Mountain-Home

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 11:52 AM PDT

    Questing deeds

    Posted: 21 Oct 2021 05:38 AM PDT

    I'm trying to completion all the deeds in the early regions. The explorer and slayer deeds are going well, I like to roam around the areas that I visited several levels before. The quest deeds are (do x quests in A) are a bit more difficult because I only did a few quests (mainly the epic) on my first run.

    Where can I find specific suggestions for either: - quest hubs or sequences/routes where I can do several quests together (to make it faster) Or - funny quest lines - like the pie-running or general non-combat (to make it more entertaining) Or - deed combinations - for example a quest to kill 10 orcs where orc-slaying is also a deed (to make it more efficient)

    submitted by /u/FrankvdN
    [link] [comments]

    [SSG Official] LOTRO Bullroarer Update 31: Fate of Gundabad - Beta #1 (Now until October 22nd)

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 01:45 PM PDT

    Gender change

    Posted: 21 Oct 2021 01:17 AM PDT

    I know you can change name and now even race on lotro, but can you change gender ?

    submitted by /u/curufinwe_atarinke
    [link] [comments]

    Daily tasks missing from one character

    Posted: 21 Oct 2021 12:53 AM PDT

    Not a huge issue - but is there a reason that some daily tasks aren't showing for my Beorning? She's level 36 and the tasks in question are level 37 - so, as far as I can see, no reason why they should not be at the task board? Unless it's a lore issue (sleek furs, sleek skins are the ones I've noticed)

    submitted by /u/Currantbun
    [link] [comments]

    Server choice and suggestions for a new(ish) player

    Posted: 21 Oct 2021 04:00 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, very kind community based on what i have read so far, EU player here and wondering does choice of server impact me much, i am not too keen on RP but i enjoy a good kinship and nice people to play with, currently on Evernight but low lvl so dont mind to change, i would like to be able to raid at the end of the road(which is too far in the future obviously). Dont mind playing on US servers either but wondering about the ping and lag. So if there are any kinships that like to radi(i dont mind it being competitive but dont think i will be going for world first and such) and like to help out newbies with their class play i yours for the taking :) also what melee class is fun and engaging , not looking to min max right now, tried champ and captain

    FYI: not my first time in lotro been playing when it started and a few times on and off, but never hit max lvl, and been playing wow for the past 5 years, not toxic i swear :)

    submitted by /u/Hemunac
    [link] [comments]

    starting fresh on treebeard

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 06:15 PM PDT

    Hello, Ill be starting fresh as a dwarf guardian on treebeard and looking for some people to play with or maybe a strong guild to join. you can find me in game as "Ballitar"

    submitted by /u/ajblades123
    [link] [comments]

    Can I change the rarity color?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2021 03:38 AM PDT

    Can I change the color of rarity? I wish I could change it to the wow scheme of green, blue, purple, orange

    submitted by /u/mefistu
    [link] [comments]

    Server Questions/getting into a guild

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 04:15 PM PDT

    I played WoW for many years in my younger days, but I just started LOTRO last weekend. LoTR is my favorite thing pretty much ever and I really want to get into middle earth and dive deep into the game. I started a character on Brandywine US, and I was wondering if I should stick with this server or find another (my elf is only level 5 so it wouldn't be a big jump to try somewhere else). Just wanted to know if I should be on a more popular server or anything. I'm over 30, and want a guild that is not toxic or filled with younger gamers like many other video games these days. Let me know, and annon allen (thank you!).

    submitted by /u/General-Background91
    [link] [comments]

    What is SS why is everyone running it

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 09:35 AM PDT

    What expansion pack is it part of

    submitted by /u/ProtectedMethod
    [link] [comments]

    Project Archive: new format and setup, so any feedback is welcome. And since the scope of the project, suggestions would be great too!

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 09:33 AM PDT

    Does min maxing matter in LOTRO?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 02:54 AM PDT

    I've always been a big fan of min maxing in MMO's because in a lot of MMO's it actually can matter a lot. But I've seen a few people in this subreddit say that min maxing doesn't matter in LOTRO and things like "LOTRO is about the journey". I'm asking because I plan on starting LOTRO later today for the first time and I need to know if I should try for a min max build or just play my favorite character according to LOTR lore.

    submitted by /u/brandonpackard101
    [link] [comments]

    Questions from a newbie

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 10:57 AM PDT

    So I just started getting really into the game after my 1000th rewatch of the trilogy as it is the only LOTR game to genuinely capture the beauty of the books and movies. Right now I'm a level 21 Captain and had some questions about where to go from here. Keep in mind I probably won't be buying any membership/expansions until I'm higher lvl unless there's reason to. I also have plenty of MMO experience so be as detailed as you want!

    1. Is captain a good role for solo content? If yes, what would be the general build/trait lines to go for?

    2. How should I go about leveling? I've done most of the Bree content and am currently working through the lone-lands, should I get to lvl 30 before continuing my adventure? More generally, what content should I be doing for each range of levels (20-30, 30-40, etc.)?

    3. Is there a point where it's necessary to purchase membership/expansions to enjoy the gameplay? If so at what point would that be?

    Thank you all in advance!

    submitted by /u/Sharts__Of__Narsil
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment