• Breaking News

    Sunday, September 5, 2021

    Lord of the Rings Online | New outfit! Warrior of the Northern Kingdoms

    Lord of the Rings Online | New outfit! Warrior of the Northern Kingdoms


    New outfit! Warrior of the Northern Kingdoms

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 09:59 AM PDT

    Why is my character making horse sounds?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 09:06 PM PDT

    Why is my character making horse sounds?

    So, I recently returned to the game, starting a new character. While I was doing the Archet intro quests, I once in a while heard the distinct sound of a horse snorting. It sounded like it came from my character, not from the distance somewhere, but I figured I must be imagining things.

    However, I just entered The Comb and Wattle Inn in Combe, and almost immediately upon entry, got blasted with horse snorting, again. And this time there's no way it came from somewhere else. So I opened the filter panel and started recording, and lo and behold, "npc_warhorse_snort_01", "npc_warhorse_snort_02" and "npc_warhorse_snort_03" were picked up within a couple of minutes.

    So, uh, what is going on? I have a normal horse, but I most certainly am not mounted inside the inn, and I don't even have a warhorse.

    https://preview.redd.it/ib94zr800ml71.png?width=737&format=png&auto=webp&s=63aabf2a8713ed803273e0a259adf48378505545

    EDIT: I have now managed to add "ncp_warhorse_snort_05" and "npc_warhorse_snort_06 to the filter list...the fact that I don't know how many there actually are is kind of terrifying.

    EDIT EDIT: And no, before anyone can ask, I chose Bree-Land as my origin during character creation, not Rohan, so I don't think this is a case of him taking the title "horse-lord" too seriously.

    submitted by /u/A_Strange_Old_Man
    [link] [comments]

    It's possible I've already changed my outfit... I'm in love with this warm, furry coat!

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 02:20 PM PDT

    The Smoking Adventures of Beniliborn Stormsting: Part 6

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 08:45 AM PDT

    Is the LOTRO Expansion Trove worth it for a player who just wants to roam the in-game world of middle earth and do some questing/story?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 06:38 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I played this game fair bit f2p, and I loved it, absolutely a wonderful MMO, seems like I'm literally walking through Middle Earth. The places and locations were honestly awe-inspiring. I'm mostly alone in the map, but it almost feels like a little time capsule of 2007 MMO world and I just love having LoTR audiobook playing while I just do quests. It feels unlike any MMO I've ever played.

    So...

    I was wondering, should I jump in and get the expansion trove which contain the previous content released for the game? Is that a good deal? I'm not a hardcore player, actually super casual. This game almost feels like a virtual access into Middle Earth for me. So if I were to want to continue the main storyline, I'm wondering if the expansion trove is a good deal to pickup.

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/Maxispierre
    [link] [comments]

    Sword Halls

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 12:29 PM PDT

    Where can I find tin ore?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 12:21 PM PDT

    I'm new to the game, and I picked weaponsmithing as my craft, and I really need tin ore for crafting bronze ingots,but I can't anywhere.No merchant seems to sell it and I still can't use the audiction hall.Is there a way to find it, or any other way of making bronze ingots (without bronze shavings)??

    submitted by /u/fenordidnothingwrong
    [link] [comments]

    Returning Player

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 11:56 AM PDT

    EDIT: I know there are a lot of posts like this and I've utilized the population tracking website lotrostats. It seems Ark/Gladden are equal in population but there is no info on Treebeard so I just want an active player's perspective.

    Hey all, I'm coming back to the game after a really long hiatus. I'm having difficulty deciding between Arkenstone, Gladden, or Treebeard. I joined the LOTRO Discord and Gladden seems to align with my possible playtimes as the server info says it is most active 2pm - 11pm EST while Arkenstone is said to be more active in the evenings which is an issue with my schedule.

    How accurate is that information and between those two and Treebeard and if I'm actively playing between 2PM - 6PM EST during the weeks which has a better population for me? I'm fine with leveling solo but I really enjoy community and having an easier time finding groups because of my schedule.

    submitted by /u/FatHamm
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about the new Legendary stuff?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 12:41 PM PDT

    Edit: I did find https://www.lotro.com/en/legendary but I am still unsure how to join and play on these servers?

    Hey guys, I'm an on and off LOTRO player who has been seeing a lot of buzz about legendary servers. My highest level is only level 40 and I went inactive a couple months ago.

    So now I'm wondering if I should play this Legendary thing, which I guess is like WoW's re-release of WoW Classic?

    When I'm at my character selection, I don't even see an option for servers. So I don't even understand how to really get into it and didn't see much info on it on their site. Can someone explain to me what Legendary is and how I might partake if I choose to? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/iaskforfeetpicslol
    [link] [comments]

    New Player server choice

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 08:36 AM PDT

    (English is not my native language, sorry in advance)

    Hello everyone !

    I started playing Lotro 4-5 days ago and I can't decide which sever to choose ... Do you have any advice ? I would like to do everything this game has to offer (quests, dungeons, raids ... maybe not pvp).

    Important note : I'm not in a hurry to reach the endgame.

    I'm french and the french server seems to be the least active of all and it's probably the most important thing for me, playing on an active one (280-300 players around 8-9pm)

    Evernight seems to be the most populated ? (700 players around 8-9pm?)

    In the meantime Legendary servers (I already bought the VIP) could be a good option but I don't know if they'll remain active for long. Treebeard could be really interesting to play but it's less played than evernight (a little more than Sirannon tho) and more important, will people stay with expansions every 6 months ? I'm a little less motivated by Shadowfax with the exp boost.

    So here we are after 5 days I'm lvl 18 because I keep rolling alts on every servers and can't decide ^^' ... I wish there was only 1 legendary and 1 classic server.

    What do you think would be a good beginner choice ? Thank you :)

    submitted by /u/Noctulae
    [link] [comments]

    Is buying the Windfell Goat with Mithril Coins the only way to complete the Goat-herder deed?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 04:56 AM PDT

    If so, that's kind of a bummer. Not that it's a major issue, but I do like completing the fun meta-deeds like these, and premium purchases are very rarely tied to them if my understanding is correct. Usually they just require a lot of work, which is much more satisfying when you finally get that achievement. Paying 70 Mithril Coins to get the steed for one character is pretty steep, that's (non-discounted) 700 LP to complete one deed.

    submitted by /u/theworldisntfair
    [link] [comments]

    Upcoming Previews - +Cord of the Rings - The Lord of the Rings Online - YouTube

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 04:30 AM PDT

    What is the optimal distribution of roles in a group of 10 players (eg number of tank or dps roles)

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 05:40 AM PDT

    Treebeard difficulty confusion

    Posted: 04 Sep 2021 04:46 AM PDT

    Just need to make sure if I can continue playing, so I first picked the deadly +6, but at lvl 7 changed to the lowest deadly one. Do I still get the title at level 50?

    submitted by /u/Jormapelailee
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment