• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 1, 2021

    Lord of the Rings Online | Lotro gave me a sense of accomplishment WoW couldnt for the past years

    Lord of the Rings Online | Lotro gave me a sense of accomplishment WoW couldnt for the past years


    Lotro gave me a sense of accomplishment WoW couldnt for the past years

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 12:31 AM PDT

    So yesterday I decided to keep playing my Level 46 Lore Master. He is currently in Angmar completing book 7. Ive had a plenty of group quests at my disposal and I thought I give it a shot solo. Worst that can happen is that I die.

    I slowly approached an angmarin camp with elite trolls west of the eastern stable master. I started by pulling one troll at a time. I had to resummon my bear after it died due to the trolls heavy damage. It was a challenge - a welcome one in an MMO world that assumes I only possess one hand with 3 fingers.

    I keep pushing forward into the camp where I repeat my tactic with a few other trolls when suddenly I pulled 2 more of them. 3 elite trolls and I thought "This is it, you screwed up" but I didnt just let them kill me, I decided to try. After basically using every ability my lore master has, constant re-cc'ing, stunning, buffing my bear, healing him, resummoning him twice it happened. I killed them. I didnt die. The trolls laid in the mud and I stood in awe. I had to smile. I fricking did it.

    I know this doesnt sound like much, but I didnt have a feeling like that in WoW for over a year now I would say. Im really sad that lotro doesnt have a bigger audience, because behind that clunkiness caused by 14 year old mechanics, there is a really rewarding experience more people should get to see.

    submitted by /u/Spir0rion
    [link] [comments]

    LOTRO Update 20: 'Battle of the Black Gate' Official Soundtrack, by Bill Champagne and Matthew Harwood

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 04:26 PM PDT

    Been away for awhile... Had to log. Into every server to find my characters, seems like new

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 09:42 AM PDT

    I was originally a founder whne the game came out.

    Figured I'd spend some of the 500 points in the store I get a month šŸ˜‚

    Have 32k left.

    Started a new character let's see how it goes.

    submitted by /u/Dslwraith
    [link] [comments]

    Which class to play on Treebeard

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 01:11 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,
    I'm considering creating a character on Treebeard because I'd like to have a chance to play lower-level content with groups, but I'm having trouble deciding on a class to play. I know for certain that I would like to play primarily a healing role (and maybe tank), and I'd like to pick a class that isn't seriously over-represented on the server so that I don't have a really difficult time finding groups. My first choice is captain, because I like their aesthetic (particularly wielding two handed swords) but I don't know much about group content in general and I'm wondering if blue line captain is effective as a healing class in the same way that Minstrel seems to be. I was also considering playing a Beorning but I'm worried that they might be over-represented on the server. My final choice was Minstrel, but I know they have a much more difficult time in landscape content and they obviously cannot wield two handed weapons.

    If anyone has experience playing on Treebeard as well as insight regarding how these classes function in a group setting I would really appreciate it! Thank you

    submitted by /u/Blugim
    [link] [comments]

    New playthrough without wasting time on another alt possibilities

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 11:09 PM PDT

    After spending some time on Anor again and seeing how few kinnies were left from our first stint at legendary server. We all kinda just went back to Evernight main server. Feeling like most alts will be abandonded, but still wanting to play the game that's not another Minas Morgul daily. What if there would other options like DDO's reincarnation system or "alting your main" and feed titles, vxp or other rewards from said dead alt to your main character?

    But what about 2nd playthrough? https://lotroplayers.com/2021/09/01/cc-what-about-2nd-playthrough/

    submitted by /u/squirle123
    [link] [comments]

    Doubts as a free to play new player

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 03:47 PM PDT

    What parts of the games i got block? Can i do raids? How much free content i got?

    I read about farming lotror points to unlock other things but is viable?

    submitted by /u/serederk1210
    [link] [comments]

    Returning Player - Treebeard or Current?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 12:13 PM PDT

    Hello All,

    After being away for a number of years (and no longer playing WoW) I've decided to pick LOTRO back up. I made a character on Treebeard, since I figured it would be cool to play through the storyline. My plan is to play casually, but would also like to try the raids/instances the game has to offer.

    I wonder though, is Treebeard substantially less lively than the live/current servers? Would I be better off just playing the current server and attempt to trudge through to lvl 130?

    Also, re there any active, but casual, Kinships on Treebeard?

    Thanks in advanced!

    submitted by /u/Atlas9428
    [link] [comments]

    New Player Question- what server?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 10:21 AM PDT

    Hello all! I stopped playing in 2008(before Moria!) and I'm thinking of getting back into the game now after recently quitting WoW. I'm considering joining a normal server or Treebeard.

    I like the idea of Treebeard but I'm thinking the experience gain will be too slow. In a zone, if I do all of the side quests and maybe a little bit of extra grinding for some deeds, will I be under leveled going into the next zone?

    On the other hand, I have always wanted to see Moria, Lothlorien, Gondor, Mordor, etc. but I wouldn't be able to on Treebeard. Is a normal server too quick or easy? I'd like to be able to do all quests in a zone before being over-leveled. Also, I heard in a normal server you one-shot everything.

    Just not sure where to start. Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/401mc
    [link] [comments]

    Can I put a ilvl 435 trigger essence on my ilvl 430 Remno gear ?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 02:40 PM PDT

    I've stared to get Remno gear, ilvl is 430

    But I've seen on the wiki that the trigger essences are ilvl 435. If I craft them, can I put them on my Remno gear which is at ilvl 430?

    submitted by /u/o555
    [link] [comments]

    I wish I could transfer from Shadowfax to Treebeard.

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 12:49 PM PDT

    Thats all. Im maxxed out on shadowfax, but my life might not allow me to keep up with the updates as quick as they are.

    submitted by /u/Hett1138
    [link] [comments]

    Newbie needs sum help

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 08:53 AM PDT

    Im doing the quest "Hallowed Ground" and it tells me to go to Tham Gelair...and i cant find it, I googled it and it says its in Falathlorn but i still cant find it.

    submitted by /u/Msf3ric
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment