• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 8, 2021

    Lord of the Rings Online | Brawler - Strike Towards the Sky (Beta)

    Lord of the Rings Online | Brawler - Strike Towards the Sky (Beta)


    Brawler - Strike Towards the Sky (Beta)

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 09:28 PM PDT

    Where I am?!!

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 02:19 PM PDT

    [SSG Official] LOTRO Update 30.3 - Bullroarer Early Access Preview - Release Notes and Information

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 03:30 PM PDT

    Guess Where in Middle-earth

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 07:27 AM PDT

    The Smoking Adventures of Beniliborn Stormsting: Live

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 01:18 AM PDT

    As per my last post I am trying to give a little more notice this time. Tonight at 8:30 GMT I will be streaming my smoking adventures throughout Middle Earth live on twitch.

    I would love for you to join me for some general chit chat and searching for those perfect smoking locations šŸ˜

    https://twitch.tv/thepapachunky

    submitted by /u/Bowdin
    [link] [comments]

    Annâk-Khurfu

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 02:01 PM PDT

    Live with the Brawler and Legendary Item Revamp

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 11:02 AM PDT

    Someone please explain character transfer please.

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 02:11 AM PDT

    I was playing LotRO in 2013 and haven't touched it since. Turns out the realm I was playing on (Eldar) is no longer active. There's character transfer option, but:

    1. It only lists 2 realms, none of which I can select to play (Bullroarer and Palantir).

    2. When I complete the transfer request I get an error preventing character transfer and I can't access my characters.

    So how am I supposed to retrieve my characters?

    Also what's the current situation with expansions? Back in the day I remember you had to buy stuff like Rohan and there was mounted combat there. Is this still a thing? Or maybe subscription takes care of that now and I don't have to buy anything on top of it?

    submitted by /u/Poczatkujacymodelarz
    [link] [comments]

    Question about multiple premium houses.

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 03:11 PM PDT

    I bought a second premium house for the first time. Is there a way to have different travel skills for each house without using the housing panel?

    I play the base game without any plug ins or mods if that makes any difference.

    submitted by /u/raknor88
    [link] [comments]

    New player question about vip

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 03:15 PM PDT

    Hello all recently found this gem of a game and have been enjoying it thus far, created a hunter and have made it to lvl 25.

    Now for the question and not wanting to miss out on quests I ordered a sub for vip now to my understanding I recieve a 100% xp scroll daily and was wondering how to best utilize this scroll?

    Any tips would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Bishop19902016
    [link] [comments]

    Upcoming player needing some advices

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 02:05 PM PDT

    Hi everyone !
    First I want to say that I played Lotro before at his F2P release but since I didn't have any income I only managed to grind for evendim before stopping the game .
    Now that I have a job I wanted to play the game more seriously but there is something I wanted to know .
    Should I join the progressive server treebeard ? I really like to enjoy everything from dungeons and skirmish so I'm scared of ending up in deserted zone if I go on live servers .
    Since I mostly aim to do all content, is every storyline event still accessible in game after all the updates ? WoW questing really annoyed me with all the major event being cut after a few patches making the storyline unfollowable without a wikipedia .

    submitted by /u/Margoul
    [link] [comments]

    New player - some questions regarding legendary servers

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 02:24 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I just started LOTRO a few weeks a go and having a blast so far. I did not initially subscribe and so created my toon in one of the legacy servers to test it out and I think I might just subscribe and play this game in the next few months.

    When it comes to MMORPGs I am not really big on end game and enjoy the journey far more, where I appreciate every unique/rare item I find along the way along with quests and zone at lower levels. I came across these new legendary servers, especially Treebeard and it seemed intriguing to me as it might better for what I am looking for - unrushed slower style of play without caring too much for end game content.

    With that, I had a few questions:

    - It looks like players are allowed to change settings for difficulty of the game and this might reward from the gameplay wise because quite frankly, even playing solo on legacy servers the low levels were extremely easy. Question here however is that, there seems to be many levels of difficulty and I was wondering if there was a sweet spot for optimal risk/reward for solo player? Or I guess how do you guys determine if you want to go Deadly + 1 vs Deadly +2, and correspondingly can you just switch between difficulties? Would you lose progression in doing so?

    - Are there any other benefits than challenge when setting higher difficulty? For instance, better loot or rewards (deeds etc)?

    - Are quests/monsters/items at these zones any different than their counterparts in legacy servers? Would loot/reward tables be different?

    - In general, are there rare/unique items even at low levels that worth grinding? I love the aspect of finding that unique loot/cosmetic from a say level 15 mob so was curious about itemization.

    - Is there housing on these servers?

    Thanks for your time!

    submitted by /u/Henkss
    [link] [comments]

    New-ish / returning player questions - I'm looking at you veterans! :)

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 07:59 AM PDT

    Hi,

    So me and a band of friends decided to hop back on lotro for the great advendture. This game has 14 years + of content and stuff to learn/know and it shows!

    Here's a few questions we've been wondering :

    I think I remember subbing used to give acces to xpac content (Could be mistaken) but now it seems that VIP only gives you access to some quest packs - how worth is it to sub considering you could technically only buy the xpacs and play f2p (subjectively) ?

    How important are expansions to character progression ? (Can you get stuck and not reach max level with only base content as free to play basically?)

    Follow up to my last question, in the event we truly get into the game, in which order should we buy / the expansions?

    I'm a big plugin/addons guy, thankfully, lotro has some pluggins albeit small amount, there are some. Anyone knows of a good plugging to display buffs/debuffs w/ timers?

    I've been watching couple series of F2P fresh accout on youtube, and so I know for a fact deeds are a nice way to obtain LP - is there a site or some info to know what deeds are available in each zones ?

    What are your top 10 (Could be less) things to buy in the store that you would recommend new player to focus on? (mount speed, currency cap removal etc)

    I know this game has a lot of content to offer - dungeon-wise (5man) would it be crazy to attemps them with 3-4 players instead of 5?

    General gameplay-wise, I'm getting kind of lost with all these quests. I know not everyone plays the same but, is lotro the type of game that I can only focus on the main quest, and maybe if I get to a hub with a bunch of quest I can do them, or disregard them, and it wont set me behind level-wise for the main story?

    Another gameplay question - I love the crafting system of this game, last time I played, I had a level 24 ministrel on which I think I spent more hours grinding crafting mastery over leveling lol.

    How relevent is crafting while leveling? (I know of many games where it is more efficient/better to grind crafting at max level - w/ faster mount and money to buy mats in the AH.. etc. )

    Thanks in advance to the experienced players that are going to chime in. Lotro is a wonderful old game that we love playing from time to time - we'd love to get to max level and do some nice dungeons along the way this time! make this adventure extra epic!

    submitted by /u/Noktawr
    [link] [comments]

    What is the timeframe/dates for the current Beta test?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 01:52 PM PDT

    I can't find the information for the beta test that will be available tomorrow, how long will it last? Trying to decide if it's going to be worth downloading the client. Thanks

    submitted by /u/SundayAfternoon_
    [link] [comments]

    I made a video explaining the difficulty settings on Treebeard and Shadowfax

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 04:03 AM PDT

    Choosing: Guardian or Captain

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 02:48 PM PDT

    So I came to the game wanting to play a Heavy Armor class and I have narrowed it down to these two. I want to do both PvP and PvE. I know both can do PvE well and I have seen videos of people doing solo PvP content with both these classes but which do you think would be the better of the two? I know their damage is not insane like say a Champion, another Heavy Armor wearer, but I really like the idea of a beefy tank with a 2H going out and slapping people around.

    I have read their trait lines and they both offer some nice things such as passive percentage morale healing, power healing, lots of buffs and debuffs, bleeds, etc. So I am just trying to figure out which would be the more unique on the battlefield.

    Thanks in advance for any responses.

    submitted by /u/Alyssira
    [link] [comments]

    That Time Lord of the Rings Got a Final Fantasy Game Ripoff

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 01:40 PM PDT

    Is a 10 year old account lost forever

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 04:26 AM PDT

    Hi community, I joined and registered a Lotr account with turbine inc, on 26th April 2011. Played and bought gold by supporting the developers. Since covid has locked me down, I thought to re enter the world of lotr only to find that Turbine does not exist i think but is now called or owned by standing stone games. I sent them an email a few days ago asking about my original Account. No answer. So I thought of the reddit family. I don't see any emails from the new owners asking me to confirm or re register.i do have the original welcome emails from turbine. Do I have any rights here ,I feel since I invested in the game my account should be somewhere in there servers. As it stands I have to re register and sign up a totally new beginning with the same details i did back then as if I never played it at all. Would welcome your thoughts . Regards to all Martin

    submitted by /u/Lord_Schmarty
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment