• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 10, 2020

    Lord of the Rings Online | I just wanna say: thank you to this community

    Lord of the Rings Online | I just wanna say: thank you to this community


    I just wanna say: thank you to this community

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 04:01 PM PST

    Hey guys,

    I'm sorry if this is dull, I just felt like doing this post because I recently got back into LOTRO and I need to thank the community for the helpful, friendly and downright awesome attitude it has.

    Some context:
    I'm very familiar with MMO's, I started playing LOTRO back in 2007 and even then, the world was amazing. Even with the now outdated engine and graphics, it still retains much of it's charm and mystery. A quality I think, few MMO's do right.
    I'm mainly a WoW player, been playing on and off since 2006 more or less. Went through Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, Guild Wars, all the big hitters back in the day and even tried some more recent mmo's.
    All of them, while having some great qualities, never quite have the same feeling as LOTRO. Their worlds feel clustered, over-exposed, no mystery or danger within them, making you the ultimate champion of that world (a problem WoW has clearly by the day in terms of narrative). There are no mysterious caves or dungeons where you feel like you'll probably won't succeed, LOTRO is a world full of danger and mysterious things and you can somehow feel that if you're a fan of the books (or even the movies to some extent).
    But also their community is NOTHING like LOTRO.
    I've been playing for some weeks now, having posted some stuff on Reddit about questions on quests, technical or store stuff and EVERYTIME the response has been friendly and super helpful and this can be seen in game aswell. It makes the game alive without being overwhelming.

    So although this might be no surprise for LOTRO players, it's a breath of fresh air to experience and see a community as healthy and solid as in LOTRO.

    I've been doing the Epic Quests, last time I played I stopped in Moria and I just now finished the Grey Company quests (for that sweet ranger outfit) and I'm heading into Rohan.
    I never imagined the epic quest storyline was SO GOOD.
    I remember it was solid back in the Shadows of Angmar days and I honestly lost myself in Moria, but it's been an amazing journey so far.

    So thank you and sorry for this if it bores you but you are an awesome community.

    submitted by /u/Spectre1990
    [link] [comments]

    Release Notes for tomorrow’s patch

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 02:02 PM PST

    Just finished the epic story for HD for the first time. Was playing off and on the last couple of weeks/months but this definitely rekindled my love for lotro <3

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 02:56 AM PST

    Any trade skills in high demand and good money makers?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 07:34 PM PST

    Are there any trade skills that have products that are in high demand and can earn you a good amount of gold? Also, how much time would it take to level them from novice to the point where they would make money? I'd love to do farming and cooking, but I doubt that is very profitable, right?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/MightyUnclean
    [link] [comments]

    Hunter legacies

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 01:57 PM PST

    What legacies do i need on sword/dagger before inbuing?

    submitted by /u/alumbradoss
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best way to farm low level tomes?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 05:39 AM PST

    Hey guys, I just got back to LOTRO after a longer break and I'm looking for ways to earn some gold to get my toons up to speed. As I see stat tomes under lv10 still sell pretty nicely but I'm not sure how to get them the most efficiently. I used to spam school/library in the lv50 area but I'm not sure that this is still the best way. Can someone maybe suggest a better way for tome farming or just gold farming in general?

    submitted by /u/abelking4444
    [link] [comments]

    Do i get all content from subscribing

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 05:09 AM PST

    Do i get all of the content from the game if i subscribe like in WoW. or is it required to sub and buy quest packs to fully immersive one self in the virtual world of tolkien.And one more question how much would it cost to get all of the content in the game at the moment.

    submitted by /u/420dankkief
    [link] [comments]

    Best Group Class and Kinships

    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 07:00 AM PST

    Just started up again after briefly playing a few years ago but my problem is I want to make a character that will actually be useful in raids with other people later on - as an extension I'm also looking for a kinship to join if anyone can suggest one! (And I'm sure this has all been asked before so sorry for the repetition).

    submitted by /u/MarcusC995
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment