• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 15, 2020

    Lord of the Rings Online | This poor hobbit is weary of sheltering in place.

    Lord of the Rings Online | This poor hobbit is weary of sheltering in place.


    This poor hobbit is weary of sheltering in place.

    Posted: 14 Apr 2020 10:33 AM PDT

    Shirefest 2020! Join us for one of Lotro's biggest player-run music events!

    Posted: 14 Apr 2020 01:06 PM PDT

    How's the endgame for a returning player?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2020 01:35 AM PDT

    Hi guys, returning player here. Sorry to create another "should I play" post, but there doesn't seem to be much info around. I used to play heavily during the SoA/MoM era but I've left the game when Turbine decided against developing more group instances and raids. I came back briefly during RoR, leveled up a Warden tank and then grinded the Hytbold(?) town for a bit before leaving again. My Warden wasn't welcome in raids as a tank and I LOATHED the mounted combat with passion. I bought HD expack too but never hit the new cap.

    I've decided to check out the game again now due to nostalgia and I've found that they are now making raids again, yay! So I'm thinking about starting again, just have a few questions for people who still play the game:

    - do the new raids scale? i.e. if I get the gear, can I play even the older (Mordor, etc.) raids or will I just be farming the one raid over and over?

    - a subjective question I know, but are the new instances fun? for me that means "challenging", requiring your group to coordinate

    - do people actually run the new 6-mans and the 12-man raid? I've seen that the instances come with solo/duo modes which I have no interest in, are people preferring those over the full-scale 6+ runs? I know from my last time playing that LOTRO has become more of a solo-player's/small fellowship game while I don't care about any of the <6man content at all

    - the last expansion I have is HD, it seems like I would have to buy Mordor & MM to catch up? That seems to be at least $80 entry fee, am I missing some obvious savings package? For comparison, that's the price of complete World of Warcraft with preorder of the next expansion + 30 days of game time...

    - I was planning on using the Valar level boost to jump straight into the latest content as I have no desire to slog through 3 expansions worth of solo questing, but will I miss anything important if I do that?

    - the cash shop in the game makes Fallout76's look like a fair deal, but what impact does it actually have on the game? I realize that I'm asking the fans of the game here, but for example - I've read that you can buy pre-raid gear lootboxes for $$$ (wtf?) but how long would it take to get that same gear through normal gameplay? is the game skewed towards grind in order to push you towards the cash shop or not really?

    - is mounted combat on the warsteed still part of the game? Can I do just fine without ever touching it again?

    - I have a roughly lvl100 character on Laurelin (my warden) but since I'd be boosting a char anyway, I don't really care much for it at this point. Would another EU server be a better pick for group-oriented player? Also, if I want to tank raids, is Warden in a good spot in the latest expansion?

    Thanks for any input!

    submitted by /u/my_best_quake
    [link] [comments]

    Endgame Class Question

    Posted: 15 Apr 2020 01:26 AM PDT

    Hello all. I'm currently wrapping up my first toon and getting to the point where I'm going to start a second. In trying to decide what to play for my next toon, I am trying to figure out what classes are being looked for in endgame content right now, as I would like to play a class that doesn't have an issue finding raid groups.

    Info that may be relevant is that I currently have a champ and have no interest in playing a warden or a guard.

    Edit: changed the wording to make it less confusing

    submitted by /u/RapidlyExtraneous
    [link] [comments]

    For Spart... Gondoor

    Posted: 14 Apr 2020 09:37 AM PDT

    Dori, Nori, & Ori: The Dwarves of Erebor – Part 1

    Posted: 14 Apr 2020 03:11 PM PDT

    Me, my Bandit and Smeagol

    Posted: 14 Apr 2020 03:05 PM PDT

    New to Legendary Items - Have some Questions

    Posted: 14 Apr 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    I'm currently working my way through Moria for the first time ever. It's a lot of fun, and I'm loving the zone.

    However, as you probably know, this means I'm dealing with Legendary Items for the first time. I did some searching and figured out how to level it up, and how to slot gems/runes/etc. How to apply points, and so on. That part all makes sense, and I was excited to have an item that would "level up" with me to an extent.

    But now I'm level 51, and my weapon is at max. I haven't found any other legendary items yet that I can equip, and I'm unsure how to proceed. I want to keep doing quests, but I also now feel as though I'm wasting legendary item XP on an item that can't improve anymore.

    Is this typical, to max it out so quickly? Any weapons I can currently craft are not as good, so that doesn't seem to be an option, but also what do I do with a max rank level LI in general?

    submitted by /u/GrauZauberer
    [link] [comments]

    How's the game holding up in 2020?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2020 07:58 AM PDT

    Good day,

    I'm currently looking to play some kind of mmorpg, but given that my PC is kinda all, a lot of games I cannot consider. I played WoW since TBC on and off and I kinda just wanna let it go for good. I played FF14 for 150+ hours and that forced MSQ got me burned out and I can't look at it anymore. ESO, BDO, B&S, AA:U is way too much for my pc to handle and playing on lowest setting is just an eye sore.

    I really want some good MMORPG with an active player base. I kinda want to avoid a game that has dead cities and villages. I like the social aspect of the genre, otherwise I'd be off playing single players.

    So some insight on the current state of the game would be super appreciated.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/wwzxc
    [link] [comments]

    RuneKeeper up to date healing guide?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2020 04:50 PM PDT

    Hi! I'd like to read some tips about RK healing. lvl 130 and 94 points. Spamming skills, basic rotation, single target, aoe, panic button...

    thanks!!!

    submitted by /u/LotroFan75
    [link] [comments]

    Premium vs VIP: Which is better for a new player?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2020 10:24 AM PDT

    What the title says. I've really been enjoying LOTRO, and I'm thinking about what I should do after all quests and areas stop being free at the end of the month. Is VIP worth it for a new player (I currently only have one character, lvl 30), or should I just stick with premium for now? For what it's worth, I'm very on again/off again with how I play MMOs, with the amount of time I have to devote to them fluctuating wildly throughout the year.

    submitted by /u/AppropriateJeweler8
    [link] [comments]

    Wardens, too easy?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2020 05:49 AM PDT

    Hi all! I've been back to the game for a few days now on a warden, and have noticed something troubling.

    The game is WAY too easy on this class. I am level 35 and I simply cannot die. I have yet to see a situation in which I could possibly pull enough mobs to be a threat to me. Often killing 10+ in a single fight. I was drawn to warden for the complexity of the class, but it has turned into a 1 trick pony (aoe gambits do the most dmg in single target too, so there is no reason to deviate from that line).

    1.) Is there any chance that this level of ease is reduced at higher levels?

    2.) What classes offer more challenging gameplay?

    submitted by /u/Cagerlac
    [link] [comments]

    plugins

    Posted: 14 Apr 2020 01:17 PM PDT

    Someone help me if you can

    submitted by /u/SuddenProfessional7
    [link] [comments]

    What, if any, classes are a challenge while leveling?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2020 06:49 AM PDT

    My warden rolls through content without ever breaking a sweat.

    What classes should I be playing if I want this game to be a challenge, you know, like it used to be!

    submitted by /u/Cagerlac
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment