• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 9, 2020

    Lord of the Rings Online | Hangover cure, Rohan style

    Lord of the Rings Online | Hangover cure, Rohan style


    Hangover cure, Rohan style

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 04:50 PM PDT

    Can you get free Lotro Points for the riding skill?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 11:09 AM PDT

    I'm relatively new to the game and I want to know if you can get free lotro points because of the riding skill. I have used a beginner horse whistle that Jon gives you at the end of the tutorial, through the mail, but that ended due to it only lasting 24 hours. This would really help me out because I like mounts and it's easier to get around lol. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/khush6ix
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of playing, a few questions!

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 04:16 AM PDT

    Hiya, I'm a long time massive lotr fan, as well as an experienced MMO raider. I felt like playing a LOTR game and remembered this existed, and was suprised to see it is still going! I just have a few questions I thought I would ask before I test the game out.

    1. How long will it take to get through the game doing main story content?
    2. Is there any motivation for people to run old content? Or will the game largely feel empty until I reach endgame.
    3. How exactly does endgame work? Are there raid tiers that give the highest value loot and most challenging battles?
    4. How does the gear system work? I did readthat getting top end gear is either incredibly grindy, or very expensive. Is it possible to reach end game and get geared within a reasonable timeframe without spending a ton of cash?
    submitted by /u/Ophelia_Dusk
    [link] [comments]

    Worthwhile investment compared to other options?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 05:12 PM PDT

    I've seen multiple threads asking if its worth jumping into LoTRO recently. Most of the answers fall under the "try it, see if you like it, its free until the end of April, enjoy the journey".

    As someone with 300+ unplayed games steam games but as someone who LOVES the LoTR universe, but as someone very limited by time and a massive backlog of games,I"m trying to determine how the incredible promising narrative aspect of this MMO weighs against the intrinsic grindy nature of this genre. How much does one have to do a mindless fetch/kill/loot quest etc... in contrast to the rich story progressing ones. How does the game value your time as a player?

    I want to love this game, I really do, but I"m very concerned at how the reward ratio will be for someone who wants to experience the rich story of Tolkien compared to the inevitable MMORPG grind. Is it worth pushing back all the games I have to play for this experience?

    submitted by /u/SebastienVivasG
    [link] [comments]

    Why are All Legitimate Questions and Requests Closed on Official Forums?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 12:35 AM PDT

    Question about Mirkwood and Isengard Quest Packs/Expansions

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 10:03 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I have a lifetime subscription from way back in the day, and I'm just getting back into the game. I had originally bought Moria with LOTRO points, but I don't ever remember getting Mirkwood or Isengard.

    When I go to the "content" tab in the LOTRO store, I only have the option to get Rohan and Helm's Deep in the Expansion section, and I have nothing in the "Quest Pack" section.

    How would one go about purchasing those? Does it have to be a real money purchase? I'm getting a character fairly close to Moria, so I want to be able to go ahead afterwards.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/HylianHero
    [link] [comments]

    Is this worth playing in 2020?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 09:21 AM PDT

    Hello all, I remember playing this game when I was much younger, and I the other day I remembered it. I wanted to get back into it, but I don't honestly remember anything about the game. Being that this game is old now, is there still an active player base and is the game still worth playing? Is it fun? Basically what is the state of this game in 2020.

    submitted by /u/NDRanger414
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone explain how the instance finder works?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 03:13 PM PDT

    Returning player after many years and am very confused at how this works. If I join a group how do I view my fellowship/go to where they are? Anything else I need to know?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/EscapeFromDeath
    [link] [comments]

    Spring Festival help for a beginner

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 04:54 PM PDT

    Hello all; just started playing LOTRO, mostly for Spring Festival, I'm not great at moving my toon which has made it difficult for multiple event quests. How do you catch those maze tweens??

    Any help on easier quests or more basic 'how to' much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Olthedir
    [link] [comments]

    servers back up cold sweats may now stop XD

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 05:56 AM PDT

    How long does it normally take for support to respond?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 07:06 AM PDT

    I have a lifetime subscription, I havent played in some time.

    I had some emails come through yesterday showing purchases of expansion with LOTRO points that I obviously did not do.

    I know my account name I have previous purchase emails that show it. I've tried resetting the password but I have a feeling the primary email address was changed (though I don't know how I got the purchase emails) and am not getting the password reset requests.

    I have opened a ticket with support butthere has been no response.

    I created a new account to post in the forums but they have those locked down and I can't post until XXX time and I have no idea what that timer is.

    Is there a support phone number or email address I could reach out too?

    submitted by /u/morilythari
    [link] [comments]

    Made a tutorial on hitting the enormous shrew. 6 days left to get it!

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    Which class to level jump?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 08:00 AM PDT

    Hi! Apologies if there's already an answer for this but I didn't see anything. I'm thinking about returning to LotRO for a bit of quarantine playtime. I used to play it often, I have an 85 minstrel from back when that was max. I'm just a few hundred LOTRO points short of the 120 level jump so I was thinking about doing that with a new class just to see what's new.

    I wanted to know 1) if there's a particular class people would recommend as good for jumping to 120 that's enjoyable to play solo, and 2) if the 120 level jump is worth it for experiencing new content. I certainly don't intend on raiding or dungeons or anything serious, just random questing and exploring. For other reasons I've been recently curious about LM so would that be a good fit?

    Any insight or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Dennis_Langley
    [link] [comments]

    Skirmishes worth leveling with?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    I'm enjoying them but it feels like it would be fun with more folks. Are they worth grinding for levels?

    submitted by /u/guitardude_04
    [link] [comments]

    Riddles in the Dark | A Tolkien Reading

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    Anyone else encountering all worlds down?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 05:19 AM PDT

    Anyone else encountering all worlds down?

    I'm getting world status down across the board. But I don't see anyone talking about it here or on twitter or the lotro forum. Plus it's saying 1 month since I played Crick, when I was last on a few hours ago and 1 year for accounts on other worlds.

    https://preview.redd.it/u3m397578lr41.png?width=717&format=png&auto=webp&s=d2034e58c1b089a32804fe1a070fbb4d6aba1118

    submitted by /u/Thurafang
    [link] [comments]

    Supported alphabets for the game

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 06:19 AM PDT

    I know from the naming guidelines that we are encouraged/supposed to use lore based names. Is there a reason why there is no support for names with umlauts and such? especially as these marks are required for properly transcribing Elvish.

    submitted by /u/Mirthadel
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment