• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 25, 2020

    Lord of the Rings Online | Facing an ancient evil

    Lord of the Rings Online | Facing an ancient evil


    Facing an ancient evil

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 04:18 PM PDT

    Spent an age taking photos here!

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 06:31 PM PDT

    Buncha Besties

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 08:58 PM PDT

    Returning to game after long break

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 01:19 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I am returning to the game after a long break and not sure how to approach the game financially. I was not VIP when I used to play and instead bought all of the expansions and skirmishes, and own everything up to Rohan or Isengard, not sure which. Should I go VIP or just continue buying everything at this point? Do you still have to be VIP to play PvMP?

    submitted by /u/TheBeardedObesity
    [link] [comments]

    U26 Housing Items - Wells of Langflood Reputation

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 12:20 PM PDT

    Hi everyone !

    Just to let you know that I've updated D&Co du Milieu database with new housing items from U26.
    Have fun everyone !

    Wells of Langflood Decoration Items : https://en.dcodumilieu.fr/reputation/wells-of-langflood/

    ~Yao
    D&Co du Milieu

    submitted by /u/Hergoy
    [link] [comments]

    Question about "In Their Absence" Quest chain for anniversary event

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 07:54 PM PDT

    I'm running through the scavenger hunt anniversary quests for the first time (just came back after a break of a few years), and I'm picking up and completing a number of things that I've never done on my main (level 114 hunter).

    With year 3 I'm realizing I have to do SĆ¢ri-surma which is part of the "In their absence". I've never run through this chain at all on any of my characters. Most of the instances I've been fine solo'ing on their low level runs. but not being familiar with this one at all, or the difficulty, is it doable solo? And what should I know about it before running it?

    submitted by /u/sirwillow77
    [link] [comments]

    LOTRO player run races and rallies - diving into the scripts sources

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 02:30 AM PDT

    Fun things / events to do in Arkenstone

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 02:01 AM PDT

    Hi all...

    Just curious if Arkenstone has any fun things or player created events to do similar to Landroval? I'm new to the server (and somewhat new to the game) so I just want to find out what's happening around town. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/videodroner
    [link] [comments]

    The game mechanisms made me lose it today

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 04:41 PM PDT

    Started the new area today. As those of you who might have ventured there know, there are tons of mounted combat enemies in the area. Unfortunately I got in combat with a one Goblin Spearman. As the mounted combat is broken, I take a few hits and get dismounted. Now as a melee class it is impossible for me to kill it using the single long distance skill I have. And whenever I'd get near it to kill it, it would dash away in the highest speed possible to some place out of range. Couldn't even use my Long Shot skill as it would run behind trees or some place random. Got in combat with more than 20 other random mobs, killed those, but this one bugger wouldn't die. I'd chase it, and then it would run away. I finally quit the game after 20 minutes of going back and forth. I had logged in today after a month, and this one experience made me actually bang my head on the keyboard.

    I request the devs to please fix these mechanics as it becomes too difficult for melee classes or atleast remove those mounted enemies.

    submitted by /u/farzi_philosopher
    [link] [comments]

    Classes with the fastest rotation?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 12:45 AM PDT

    Hello!

    Which class is the fastest rotation-wise? In each of the MMOs I always like to play a class which requires to press buttons all the time. A Rogue or Demon Hunter from WoW is a great example.

    I also prefer melee classes.

    Any recommendations? Thank you for answers!

    submitted by /u/Gankeros
    [link] [comments]

    [Evernight] Pleading for help with Draigoch, Year 7 Anniversary quest

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 09:52 AM PDT

    I'm once again asking for your assistance with raids after trying lff multiple times to no avail. I don't own Isengard instances (very much a solo player) so now I finally have my single short term opportunity to finish the Anniversary quest. Any kinships doing the raid this week? There are potentially 2 more people I can gather to stand on the platform, which leaves at least 3 more to be able to continue. I'm just asking for a few minutes of your time, let us through and you're free to go. At lvl130 the rest should be doable solo. Unless you're also stuck with the quest, even better, we can help each other!

    EDIT: WE DID IT. But if you see this and need to finish the quest, feel free to message Himleth in game, I'll gladly help. And I know 2 people who still need it too.

    submitted by /u/a-elbereth
    [link] [comments]

    The LOTRO Beacon: Issue 157 (Anniversary Event Begins, Charity Stream, Free Universal Solvent)

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 03:21 PM PDT

    Retake Weathertop and Red-Pass Solo Versions

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 06:40 PM PDT

    As part of the Year 2 Trifles Anniversary Event quests, you have to complete a handful of instances. Two of the instances are Retake Weathertop and Red-Pass, both located in the Lone Lands. The quest notes state that you have to play the solo versions of these two instances. However, I stand before the Reflecting Pool at Ost Guruth and both of those instances are available to me but not the solo versions.

    I've already completed the Epic Quest line up to II.3.2 so I have no idea what could possibly be holding me back from playing these instances solo from the Reflecting Pool. I've attempted to ask for help in World Chat to no avail.

    Does someone know why the solo versions aren't offered?

    submitted by /u/riffsandspliffs
    [link] [comments]

    Returning Player with Questions

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 02:12 PM PDT

    Dear reddit / LotrO community,

    I've played LotrO some years back and have some questions regarding the current state of the RK, Guardian and Champion.

    As far as I know some of the old grandmasters who keep their secrets are still active. As there are no current builds not to mention guides I thought I'll check if reddit can be the source of knowledge and help as it is used to be.

    • What is the current state of the Runekeeper? I think he got recently nerfed but has been a strong dd before.Is he still viable or as good as he's been or did the nerf hit too hard?
    • The Guardian back in my time has been the best Tank. I've read that he had a decent dps specc. However, this information is two years old. How is the Guardian nowadays? I'd like to focus on dps in this post as he's still a good tank. But how is your soloing experience and can he compete with other dps classes in group content? This is propably the most interesting point for me, as I think about giving the guardian a shot.
    • And last the class I've played before. The Champion. He got buffed with the last patch. He has been in a very poor state for a while now. Still good at AOE but not as good a dps as others and not as good a tank as well. How did things change due to recent buffs?

    I'd be glad to hear something regarding this three classes and would be thankfull about your latest impressions after the last update.

    submitted by /u/deltaSignature
    [link] [comments]

    My Expansions (from 2018 Legacy Bundle) not showing up in my Account. Are they supposed to show?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 04:21 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    Back in December 2018 I bought the $200 Legacy Bundle that included all expansions, quest packs, etc that was available up to that point.

    I'm now getting back to LOTRO (because of IRL emergency I couldn't play so I wasted the free year of vip that came with it and some character bound stuff from my old character) - however when I go into my account on the SSG website all it shows is:

    Game Version History

    Shadows of Angmar™ Guest

    Minas Morgul Ultimate Edition

    Shared Storage

    (I bought Minas Morgul recently).

    Is it supposed to show anything in regards to my Legacy Bundle? Or the fact that I own all those expansions that came with it?

    I know the LOTRO store won't show them for purchased since everything is unlocked for everyone until the 30th, however it still gives me the option to purchase Moria and Riders of Rohan expansions (I'm guessing because the legacy bundle doesn't include the extras that came with those two expansions?).

    Any help appreciated. Thank you.

    (Edit: formatting)

    submitted by /u/videodroner
    [link] [comments]

    Are tanks or healers needed or is it okay to play a DPS Burglar?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 07:59 PM PDT

    Hi, I wanted to consider returning to the game, but would I have to wait absurdly long times or even have to make connections to get to do endgame dungeons or raids if I play DPS? I have a near max level Guardian on my server (can't remember the name) but I realize I really don't like tanking because fo the anxiety. I'd much prefer the passive role of DPS. Is that okay? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/dorito-pariah
    [link] [comments]

    Virtue traits

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 09:55 AM PDT

    I guess found out about virtue traits. Am lvl 44, not the smartest I guess, is it too late? Because I guess I have not been getting experience in the traits up until now?

    submitted by /u/kveldulf2020
    [link] [comments]

    Potentially returning player, how is the game nowadays?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 01:30 PM PDT

    Recently bought a new laptop and I've been thinking about playing a MMO again due to this whole quarantine. I used to play LOTRO way back from 2007 to 2012, but deleted my account because I was worried about being too addicted to MMOs before I went to college. Don't think there's any way for me to recover it, as I even deleted the email address that was tied to it.

    With that in mind, I was thinking of maybe restarting with a brand new account. How is leveling now? I'd probably roll a captain since that was my main back in the day and I loved the playstyle of a jack of all trades who excelled at support and could do well in other roles with the right gear set up. I loved grouping and raiding the most, is the endgame still existent in this game with the new raids? I also enjoyed PvMP if that is still any good. Also, I'm a little worried about how annoying the LI grind might be nowadays. Don't know if I want to grind dailies over and over again.

    My biggest concern is how expensive it'd be to reach endgame. Looking at the store, I tallied it up at about $140 to get all of the expansion content, which is pretty steep for a 13 year old game. I know that's a lot of content which would take me months to get through, but I'm wondering if it really costs that much. I'd also probably subscribe since I'm sure that has way more benefits than struggling through as an F2P player.

    I'm also thinking of just trying out ESO since it's graphics are much more up to date and it also sounds like a fun game, but I've seen a lot of criticism for that game's combat. I'm also not sure that it has the raids and grouping that I want to supplement the solo play.

    submitted by /u/Spankthenooodle
    [link] [comments]

    Can I level up only through main storyline quests?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 07:10 AM PDT

    Hello!

    I'm kinda a new Player and I have a question regarding leveling.

    Is it possible to level up only by doing the main storyline quests? I'm planning on paying a subscription fee so I guess I will have some sort of EXP buff.

    If it is possible, how do I distinguish main storyline quests from optional quests?

    Thanks for help!

    submitted by /u/Gankeros
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment