• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 26, 2020

    Lord of the Rings Online | Beauty of the Vales of Anduin

    Lord of the Rings Online | Beauty of the Vales of Anduin


    Beauty of the Vales of Anduin

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 06:23 AM PDT

    Class Guides & Resources (Plus a Guide to the Classes)

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 09:41 AM PDT

    I recently started playing LOTRO again, although unable to make videos/stream as I used to before my break. Still having my content creation drive, I decided to pick up an old project on creating an updated database on class guides and information. I used my old blog/website that I worked with in the past for this, https://www.lotrobasics.com/.

    In addition to the class resource pages, I wrote a general guide to the classes of LOTRO - more oriented to newer or inexperienced players: https://www.lotrobasics.com/2020/04/guide-to-classes-in-lord-of-rings-online.html.

    Finally, here are the class pages which have all the relevant, most up-to-date guides and resources for each class that I could find (primarily searched through Google, the forums, here, and YouTube).

    If anyone has feedback or guides/etc. that they would like to share, I would greatly appreciate it!

    A concern I have is potential difficulty in navigating the website, as in quickly getting to the desired class page and switching between classes. If this becomes a popular thing, I could add the links in the same format as above to the sidebar on the site. I have also wondered if this project as a whole was even worth the effort given how maintained the LOTRO Wiki is and that it provides a lot of class information. However, I found some information on the wiki outdated and based on older versions of the classes and I believe I could provide other less technical information.

    Last thing to get to, I wanted to share some of the things I would like to do in the future:

    • Mini-guides/overviews for each class expanding on basic information, potentially with mini-guides on the individual specs as gameplay changes a lot based on spec (a problem here is a lot of classes/specs I do not play enough to be able to cover every spec)
    • Potentially provide a page for other non-class guides. While class guides may be scarce in LOTRO, there are plenty of deed, festival, cosmetic, even crafting guides.
    submitted by /u/Louey7
    [link] [comments]

    Hear me roar!

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 09:09 AM PDT

    LOTRO's 13th Anniversary - VIP cosmetic pet, annual rewards, and FAQ

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 06:32 PM PDT

    any mac users here?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 12:01 AM PDT

    so i just reverted my OS back to Mojave so I can play again. I went through the lorto website to download the client and have now finished installing. except i have a problem. the only shortcut i have is the lotroclient.app which launches the python app which in turn launches the wine-preloader. eventually after following the steps, it takes me to the regular launcher we all use but where's the shortcut to go straight there? i tried looking in the install folder with no luck. any help would be much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/pm_me_mac_recipes
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm trying to pick my world but the menu is all squished.

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 11:44 PM PDT

    Anniversary Items Question

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 09:56 PM PDT

    From the 13th Anniversary page, I see that they say, "based on the gift they received the previous year. The last items I got were from the 10th anniversary. Does that mean I can't get the 13th years anniversary stuff?

    submitted by /u/Voivode71
    [link] [comments]

    Low level to Minas Tirith no longer possible?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 11:20 AM PDT

    Scavenger hunt, obviously. https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Quest:Year_3_Travels:_Heights_and_Depths

    I just tried to ride out the east of the housing zone and got sent to South Bree.

    Is this new, or is there another workaround?

    submitted by /u/VinctoPub
    [link] [comments]

    Black Book of Mordor: Closing the Book

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 11:36 AM PDT

    With the release of update 26, there is a final epilogue quest to end the Black Book of Mordor Quest Line. Gandalf, satisfied that the book holds no more secrets, gives you three choices. The rewards for completion aren't any different for the three choices.

    Since it doesn't appear that one character can see each ending, I thought I'd start this thread so anyone who completes the quest can share what happens.

    The choices are:

    • Return the book to the dwarves
    • Give the book to the Houses of Lore for study and safekeeping
    • Give the book to Karazgar(!)
    submitted by /u/cvr24
    [link] [comments]

    Angmar / Misty Mountains Cost?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 02:18 PM PDT

    Hey folks, came back about 6 weeks ago after a 5 year break and taken advantage of the free content over the past few weeks. I picked up my old Hunter character, I'm Level 44 and decided to clear the quests in North Downs and Trollshaws during this period including the deeds.

    I've got the Evendim quest pack from years ago so going to complete the outstanding quests on that after this free period finishes before moving on. I believe Angmar and Misty Mountains are next in the quest level bracket.

    Which should I go for and how many LOTRO points are they likely to cost?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/daleyboy1234
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard Help

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 04:21 PM PDT

    I just bought a new laptop, a Dell g15. I was so excited to have a dedicated graphics card and hoped I'd be able to run pvp groups without my old toshiba smoking and sparking (slight exaggeration).

    So I got everything downloaded and logged in, and immediately noticed a keyboard lag—I press a key and a noticeable amount of time passes before the action is performed on the screen. As a warden, that's not gonna work. It's responsive on all other games.

    Has anyone ever experienced this or something similar?

    submitted by /u/swampogre626
    [link] [comments]

    Rohan and Helm's Deep XPacs

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    So I'm a huge completionist, not to mention a huge LotR fan, and I'm almost to the Rohan and Helm's Deep content. My question is is it even possible to find deluxe or collector's edition codes for those expansions anymore or am I just SOL? It'd be quite a heartbreaker for me to miss out on special stuff just bc i didnt have money when they released...[insert Fry gif here].

    submitted by /u/CapnRogersStan
    [link] [comments]

    Still a little confused about account types

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 05:45 PM PDT

    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Account_Types

    Explains that VIP basically unlocks everything, but blocks you from getting the packages. So if I stop the VIP, blocks go back up and I can't keep playing or buy expansion packs?

    Is the best way to approach this is by the expansions then get the VIP for the best features and keep playing on and off?

    submitted by /u/romperrover
    [link] [comments]

    Returning player, best server to start over on?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 11:29 AM PDT

    So it didn't take long for me to decide to come back to this game after my last post. Which server is the best server for me to come back to, population-wise? Brandywine was always the most populated back when I last played (2012), but which server has the best balance of population, PvE grouping for instances/raids, and some PvMP (though I don't know when I'll actually get back into that since I'll focus on leveling at first).

    submitted by /u/Spankthenooodle
    [link] [comments]

    New(returning) player looking for a kin

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 05:26 PM PDT

    I just came back to the game, after not playing since maybe a year after the game came out. I am on Crickethollow, currently at around lvl 25(Hunter). Looking for some friendly and helpful people to play with.

    submitted by /u/Wolfsrune
    [link] [comments]

    Player-run Inns & Taverns: What's been your experience?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 05:05 AM PDT

    Mostly because I'm way too hype over the Tiny Taverns Kickstarter, I've been obsessing a little over tavern games the last few days. I'm not buying into any of those Steam games (like Crossroads or Epic Tavern), mostly just biding my time until I can get a tabletop RPG pub going.

    Anyways

    I realize there are about zero tools within the game itself to facilitate player-run businesses, but I also know that over the years many folks have tried their hands at having player-run establishments. For those of you who have tried them out, either as a patron or a manager, RP or not, what has your experience been?

    Was it out in the open? A player or kin house? Did they "take over" a NPC inn in the Shire or something?

    Even if it wasn't a "player run" tavern, have you spent much time hanging around the Perch or the Pony, or one of the many booze houses of Minas Tirith? I want to hear all about it.

    submitted by /u/shipwreck-lotr
    [link] [comments]

    Year 1 Anniversary Scavenger Hunt not completing?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    Hello all,

    Even though I've been playing the game for 13 years, I've never done the Anniversary Event before. I got the meta-quest "The Anniversary Scavenger Hunt-- Year One" on my level 54 Captain. I did all 3 of the "Year One-- Eriador" quests, since I'm not max level, but the meta quest is still open.

    How do I complete the meta quest? Does it only count the high-level "Year One" quests? Am I doing the wrong quests?

    Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/alltrueist55
    [link] [comments]

    With U26, which is the better dps-class?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 08:34 AM PDT

    I see many different opinions for many different reasons. Maybe this thread will make things more clear :) Warden and Burglar aren't included for now.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Arigala6
    [link] [comments]

    DPS Beorning legacies?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 02:34 AM PDT

    I'm reaching lvl 100 and I've checked out the legacies to put on my weapon and carving. I came up with these:

    Weapon:

    Bear form damage, Bee Swarm damage, Bee Swarm crit debuff, Call to Wild physical mastery, Chance for attacks to return wrath, execute damage, relentless maul damage.

    Carving:

    Bear form crit def, chance for bonus wrath from slam, cry damage, healing potency, hearthen heal strength, man form damage, vicious claw damage.

    I don't see many other options, but I still decided to ask here, if I'm missing something or you guys have some tips/suggestions about them etc.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Warlord42
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment