• Breaking News

    Friday, April 24, 2020

    Lord of the Rings Online | After playing off and on for 11 years, I finally made it to Rohan!

    Lord of the Rings Online | After playing off and on for 11 years, I finally made it to Rohan!


    After playing off and on for 11 years, I finally made it to Rohan!

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 06:05 PM PDT

    Runekeepers 6 months ago and now

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 12:59 PM PDT

    My first Anniversary Celebration fireworks. I wish I had found this game sooner. Here's to more!

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 05:30 PM PDT

    The frozen wreck of the Thoroval.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 08:06 AM PDT

    Sic em, Hobbes!

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 03:36 PM PDT

    My favourite place in Rohan

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 12:50 AM PDT

    Floodfells is great but I have to think these warg-rider goblin mobs were meant to be the Moria version, not the Rohan mounted-combat version

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 12:27 AM PDT

    Mounted combat skills and warsteeds have not scaled up since level 100. Our mounted skills do barely any damage, and a level 130 enemy hit will dismount most warsteeds in a single blow.

    Also the terrain of Floodfells, while gorgeous, is just not conducive to mounted combat.

    My guess is someone said, "Gundabad should have warg-riders" and they grabbed some warg-rider enemies, but they didn't realize they'd grabbed the mounted combat versions.

    As it stands, it's very frustrating if you're not a ranged DPS class, as the goblins quickly ride out of range (sometimes off of cliffs).

    submitted by /u/Nemarus
    [link] [comments]

    [FibroJedi] LOTRO Anniversary Event Guide, Updated for 2020 (April 23rd - May 21st)

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 04:28 PM PDT

    Coming back feels like coming home

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 03:35 PM PDT

    I always loved LOTR and when this game was announced I was so super hyped. I kept remaking characters over and over just to keep playing in the Shire. I've been away a while, years and years honestly, just after Moria release. I've decided to come back after watching the movies again and I couldn't be happier. I got the ultimate fan bundle for Mina's Morgul because of the level boost.

    What I would like to know is...

    Coming back and using the level boost, what class would be the best for me?

    I play on Arkenstone, am I still able to find a kinship?

    After boosting can I then go back and solo a lot of the previous content? I find this to be a good way to learn the class as content gets harder and harder.

    submitted by /u/theplaidviking
    [link] [comments]

    Floodfells is LOTRO at its finest

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 12:10 AM PDT

    Gorgeous zone, gorgeous music, oozing ambiance -- a great place to get lost in right now.

    Thank you SSG!

    submitted by /u/Nemarus
    [link] [comments]

    I was not prepared for this..

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 07:37 AM PDT

    What's the name of the dating app for dwarves?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 04:19 AM PDT

    I haven't played since 2014, wondering how the game has changed.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 01:44 AM PDT

    I used to play LOTRO day in day out for a couple of years until I burned out and even quit gaming altogether because it was the only game I had interest in.

    Since getting a good laptop as a daily driver that actually runs old games from about 2010-14 quite well, and dating someone that likes to play games I thought about getting back and sharing the LOTRO world with her. I'm wondering if my old kin is still active -our web page is not. For sure many who I used to know have left the game, as I did.

    I can read the expansion packs, so don't worry about that. I'm more interested in the community, player numbers, poorly received Dev implementations (And fantastic quality of life additions) and the like. For reference I quit in 2014, so when Turbine was still in the picture. How are the new owners? I remember that certain classes or jobs of classes became useless from time to time back in 2014.

    Also, any recommended reading? I've seen something about a lifetime access guide.

    I used to be a VIP, wondering if we'd (so, she'd) get into the game that much to warrant long-term VIP. But I definitely won't be playing this as much as I used to, as I'm playing other games and have other hobbies too.

    Thanks for reading and any responses I get. I'm basically looking for a paragraph or two from anyone, that will give me some decent insight before going into in-depth reading and jumping into the game itself.

    submitted by /u/WhirlwindTobias
    [link] [comments]

    Game Error [104] Could not enumerate DirectInput devices. Please ensure that DirectX 9.0 [Dec 2005] or higher is installed. [104]

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 01:36 AM PDT

    Had no trouble logging in yesterday before the update. When I tried to update it, I had several problems, decided to delete game and reinstall.

    I am finally able to 'log in' but when it gets to the loading screen, I get a message about DirectX. Tried downloading that from the internet, and I still get the same message when I log in.

    I am no expert and I need help--how can I fix this?

    submitted by /u/ithildan
    [link] [comments]

    [Music] I did not expect Floodfells to offer not only variations of the Vales them, but proto-Rohan leitmotif!

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 11:44 PM PDT

    That single violin sketching out the barest hints of the melodies of Rohan. Just perfect -- floored me.

    submitted by /u/Nemarus
    [link] [comments]

    If someone asks "How big is LOTROs gameworld?"

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 05:27 AM PDT

    My repeatedly worst experience in the game has been updated!!!

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 05:58 AM PDT

    Sessionplay: The Fall of Moria:

    • Reduced the vitality of the cave-claws and deep-claws in AzanarukĆ¢r.
    • Removed some of Nafni's slower-paced skills.
    • Added a new skill with a 30 second cooldown: Nafni's Speed.
    • Nafni's Speed boosts our playable dwarf's run speed by 150%, letting him zip through the grand hall of Moria much more quickly.
    submitted by /u/VinctoPub
    [link] [comments]

    Anniversary gifts

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 12:04 PM PDT

    So im coming back after a long absence. I made my account in early June of 2010. My bf has been playing since early access 2007. He logged in today and only received the 12th birthday gift, not the 13th, and I seem to only be on 7 (would b 8 when I get on today). If I'm counting correctly, he should be getting 13, and I should be getting 10. Is my count off or am I misunderstanding something?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/CapnRogersStan
    [link] [comments]

    "Something secret will become available on May 13th. Good luck!"

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 10:52 AM PDT

    Any ideas as to what you think that it might be? Let's hear 'em...

    submitted by /u/TrapperJedi
    [link] [comments]

    I logged in after patch - suddenly received message about dozens and dozens "Region has been purchased" Anyone else experiencing similar?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 10:29 AM PDT

    So my account has Vip status but I'm wondering if this is just a flag that's caused by the April free month or did i actually get some free extras in this patch?

    Can anyone confirm? I haven't purchased all those Western-Gondor, East-Rohan what have you areas...

    submitted by /u/1Internetguy
    [link] [comments]

    Elevator to the 4th level of Minas Morgul

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 11:30 AM PDT

    Hello folk of the Middle-Earth, have a champion elf 127 level and continuously followed Minas Morgul quests up to Minas Morgul quest "Circles of Madness" where one has to secure a tower for rangers. This is an instance quest which is available only for those who has a quest (tried asking help for kinnies who did that). The thing is that, my champion is to weak against signatures mobs, which swarmed that tower. Mostly I have green armor, a one blue armor piece. Deadly storm build with FI legendary items with 50lvl legacies. Should I run ordinary instances to get better items and later try to do an instance? How effectively increase strenght of champ? Thanks in advance for your opinion.

    submitted by /u/Vikingas
    [link] [comments]

    [Windows 10] I'm trying to update LOTRO for today's patch, and when UAC comes up, I press "Yes" then the client just closes.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 09:10 AM PDT

    No warning message or anything. It just closes. Yes, I have my firewall set to allow the LOTRO client through.

    submitted by /u/pipmentor
    [link] [comments]

    Anniversary is Up Soon, But No Sale?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 05:21 AM PDT

    Hey everyone. It's finally anniversary day for LOTRO! However, I haven't noticed anything on the forums regarding the anniversary sale. I'm vainly hoping to get Eriador Bundle on sale after the free quest event ends in a week. Will there be more news on the sale later on today? I'm really hoping there is a sale.

    submitted by /u/tgalvin1999
    [link] [comments]

    Warg Pens Leveling - toon level difference?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 05:36 AM PDT

    Hi, it took me years but I finally leveled my first toon on my 2nd Non-VIP account to 65, unlocking Warg Pens. It is clear from many guides that you should run the instance a few levels under for the purpose of speed. But what if you duo with a higher level character, what are the optimal / maximum level difference between the two characters?

    submitted by /u/ElSrJuez
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment