• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 21, 2020

    Lord of the Rings Online | Some place in Mirkwood

    Lord of the Rings Online | Some place in Mirkwood


    Some place in Mirkwood

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 07:23 PM PDT

    Remmorchant - The Net of Darkness (Boss 1)

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 05:29 PM PDT

    My Stout-Axe Rune-Keeper on his spring festival elk steed

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 09:21 PM PDT

    Help Me Understand the 64-bit Client

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 05:20 PM PDT

    So I got myself a nice, shiny new laptop (MSI GL73 9RCX). I installed LOTRO and I'm all excited to check it out in some newfound glory. However when I launch the 64 bit client it keeps crashing. I tweak it a little, do some tricks, and get it running with DX11. But the framerate is abysmal. We're talking teens on High.

    Thankfully I remembered that I could try the 32-bit client and I do. In crowded areas, like the Camp of the Host, on ultra high with 2X anti-aliasing, I get at least 30 FPS. In older areas, like the Shire, I'm getting over 60 FPS.

    Hubba wha?

    My understanding is that the 64-bit client is meant to utilize the hardware more efficiently and so produce a better experience. Am I wrong? Does it just not get along with my new lappy? I'm curious. Like a cat.

    submitted by /u/shipwreck-lotr
    [link] [comments]

    How many anonymous do we have? :-) ^_^

    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 02:06 AM PDT

    New player here currectly downloading the Game. I have some questions!

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    So everyone is on quarantine and i Will give a shot at Lotro tommorow. So everything is free till 30 april? Expansions, classes? Is there some thing that is going to be locked until i buy it? Thank you for your time.

    submitted by /u/renezzero
    [link] [comments]

    Haven't played in a long time, starting a new character. Earliest/best way to get a mount?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 06:30 PM PDT

    What is the best/earliest way to get a mount now? And is there an account wide unlock or just single character? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/trekfangrrrl
    [link] [comments]

    Servers

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 03:50 PM PDT

    Hello everyone. I'm new to the game and I just wanted to know which servers are the most populated. Also I'm wondering if legendary servers are worth the money. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/david_johnson_2002
    [link] [comments]

    What would happen if the exorcist had an offspring with a plant?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 02:53 PM PDT

    Purchasing content from in-game store questions.

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 09:54 PM PDT

    1. Do expansions go on sale in the store for LOTRO points?
    2. If you do buy a expansion with LOTRO points does your account change to another type besides free?
    submitted by /u/Creamy-Steamy
    [link] [comments]

    Things that turn new players away

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 08:10 PM PDT

    I installed the game yesterday, been playing MMORPGs since Everquest 1 launched.

    Some frustrations as a brand new player that the game doesnt seem to relay very well to new players:

    1.) The DEFAULT map is horrendous when trying to find a pathway to enter a new area. I overrun entrances left and right. I shouldnt be needing to install a plugin within a day of installing this game.

    2.) Im getting spammed about a 2 Gold limit almost immediately into this game. Thats horrendous regardless of if my real coin is still there or not.

    3.) Mounts are confusing. One person told me id get it after Chapter 1, one said its free till April 30th, one said I have to purchase it from the store.

    4.) Quests are stacking up quick, im 40/40 already and no clue if a quest I have is essential and shoildnt be deleted.

    5.) My bag spaces fills up with clutter every 30 minutes. Why are PURPLE things dropping, that sounds important, yet theyre just random crafting recipes. I asked if I should purchase a subscription for the bag spaces+mount and someone said that doesnt even give free bag spaces, so now im just a confused Free to Player uncertain if I want to continue playing or not.

    6.) My loot deleting itself because im not looking carefully enough at the very bottom right corner of my screen at a jiggling bag.

    Rant over. Its a good game but a bit weird as a new player.

    submitted by /u/Trakanonn
    [link] [comments]

    LOTRO for a 9 year old?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 04:43 AM PDT

    Hello everyone! I recently saw that the game was going to be free to play. My 9 year old son who has played a little D&D (we struggle to play because his older cousins don't always have the time) just finished reading the Hobbit. He's working on Fellowship of the Ring now. We're watching the Hobbit movies now and he's completely obsessed with it all.

    My question is would the online game be appropriate for someone his age? I was hoping someone could give me some insight without me having to play the game a little myself. Thanks in advance for your help!

    submitted by /u/thomas_magnum277
    [link] [comments]

    Difference between RE and RP?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 09:00 AM PDT

    Hey all, checking this out with the promotion going on, I noticed that this game seems to handle RP servers a bit differently. I usually roll on RP servers in MMOs because even though I don't RP myself, I love seeing other people in the world RP'ing, it adds to the immersion and helps make it feel like a real lived in world. I also anecdotally find that RP server communities seem to be friendlier than non-RP.

    My question about RE and RP, which I've looked into and have found to mean roleplay encouraged and roleplay. Does rolling on an RP server mean that you will be expected to roleplay? Is the distinction one of engagement or more along the lines of stricter enforcement of rules such as naming? From what I'm reading Laurelin is the more active server so I wanted to be sure I wouldn't be causing any issues rolling there over Landroval when there seems to be a server distinction between the two.

    Thanks for your time & help!

    submitted by /u/Aristuun
    [link] [comments]

    Any significant changes made in the last 3-4 years?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 11:52 AM PDT

    Played a lot back in the day and now with a bit more freetime... Have there been any significant changes made to the game? I feel like it's going to take forever to re-learn my characters... which is the easiest to pick back up?

    submitted by /u/throwitaway19
    [link] [comments]

    Progression after f2p content

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 05:18 AM PDT

    So I am a level 35 lore master, finished all deeds in Bree, the shire, Ered luin and the lone lands, and from now till April 30th I can go anywhere and quest and do deeds so can someone please tell me a fair guide of which regions I should do in order to get the maximum content (deeds, Lp, quests, xp).

    Any help is much appreciated. Thank you

    Dragonslayerjeff- landroval

    submitted by /u/DragonSlayerJeff
    [link] [comments]

    Beorning DPS rotation?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 03:19 AM PDT

    Hello!

    I've returned after their rework and I'm wondering, what's the rotation for the class? Is there any rotation set in stone, that is optimal? Because I've just been slamming buttons for now and I'd like to make it a bit more fun and follow a certian skill rotation for the best DPS. (red line ofc + a skill build would be very welcome)

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Warlord42
    [link] [comments]

    Gondorian Outfits for Low Level Character

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 04:09 AM PDT

    So, I'm trying to find a good outfit for someone who is playing a Gondorian character. They are somewhat new to the game still and only have low level characters (around 20ish). However, they have just bought VIP and now have access to wardrobe. We're trying to find a good Gondorian outfit for their character but are having trouble.

    Most cosmetically good Gondorian armour I've found can only be accessed via questing in Gondor and is bound to character, but unfortunately that is not an option. We've also looked at unbound Nadhin armour, but it's still quite difficult to acquire for us both.

    Does anyone have any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/shielingas
    [link] [comments]

    Returning Player, look for tips regarding PvMP

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 04:53 AM PDT

    After a six year break I feel like checking the game out. I have always loved the PvMP side of the game even though it had it's flaws (mostly balance). I checked it out today and discovered that there is a new map and that things in the Ettenmoors have been changed (no OC or EC!?). There was also barely any action on Laurelin. I'm now wondering how the PvMP is these days and if I should switch servers (since there is no reason to stay in Laurelin, because all my friends moved on).

    submitted by /u/ThaPirate
    [link] [comments]

    Low level questing frustration

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    Hello all, I still haven't made it to Bree, because I have been overwhelmed with all the small quests before that in the hobbit areas. Is it important to do all the deeds? Could I just get to level 10 and go to Bree? Or is it important to do all the quests in the areas? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/floopydiskelite
    [link] [comments]

    Returning Player

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 09:10 AM PDT

    Hi folks,

    Returning player (I've played LOTRO since the Beta, but have taken an extended break), looking for the most populated Eng EU server?

    Or area at the very least? I've logged in with my owner Toons and have literally seen no one, other than two players on Bree. This is on the Laurelin server, admittedly an RP server. If there's any still busy Kinships on Laurelin, hit me up!

    I wouldn't mind creating a new character on a new server if it meant joining where there's actually still people questing/levelling.

    Many thanks

    submitted by /u/Celtichugs
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment