• Breaking News

    Friday, March 20, 2020

    Lord of the Rings Online | may it be a light for you in dark places, when all other lights go out (thank you ssg!)

    Lord of the Rings Online | may it be a light for you in dark places, when all other lights go out (thank you ssg!)


    may it be a light for you in dark places, when all other lights go out (thank you ssg!)

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 10:15 AM PDT

    All quest packs/expansions/instances open to everyone until April 30th!

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 09:29 AM PDT

    This moment when you find a legendary weapon

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 02:41 PM PDT

    LOTRO: Hidden camp in Bree-land

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 11:59 PM PDT

    SSG's move to open up all content is amazing. They should consider doing something along these lines permanently.

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    I want to congratulate SSG for such a charitable move making all the expansions available during a time of Covid-19. However, as a veteran player, I really wish SSG would take the time to rework their ingame monetization methods and content acquisition models.

    The paywall (or grindwall) after the Lone-Lands is the biggest turn-off that makes most people who I bring into LOTRO to stop playing the game. It actively turns a fun experience into an instant grind, and people I often bring in to try LOTRO stop right after the Lone-Lands, especially as they get sick of that area and are faced with a bewilderment of progression options, and more importantly, cost of these progression options. Subscribe to VIP permanently? Subscribe to VIP for 1 month and then quit and go premium? Quest Packs? Region bundles? Grind deeds for LP? There are so many ways to proceed, and so many ways for players to get confused. Rather than letting players get lost in Middle-Earth, they're often lost in the middle of store pages and wiki pages comparing their different ways to purchase the game.

    Rather than this, they could open up the earlier content like the entirety of Eriador content for free, and then bundle the big content packages after Shadows of Angmar into bigger bundles and packs so that players can spend less time purchasing and more time exploring.

    I get it. SSG needs to keep their lights on. SSG needs money to keep the servers going. But charging money and having a dizzying array of options is not going to get my friends to spend money on this game. SSG can do this by actually getting players invested into playing the game and charging them for newer content after the base content at that was launched over 13 years ago, and making it easier and simpler to get the new content in the game.

    So SSG, if you are hearing my pleas, please keep a lot more of the content earlier in the game free for all players, especially eriador and the first 50 levels or so.

    submitted by /u/TophsYoutube
    [link] [comments]

    All expansion quests, instances, and skirmishes are open to all players through April 30th - plus other events for us to enjoy from the comfort of our hobbit holes.

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 09:33 AM PDT

    https://www.lotro.com/en/friends

    (wouldn't let me submit as a link for some reason)

    submitted by /u/rainghost
    [link] [comments]

    LOTRO Spring Festival 2020 Guide!

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 02:32 PM PDT

    New player - Looking for friends to play with

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 08:07 PM PDT

    Hey guys never played LOTRO but I grew up on Everquest for 12 years straight , and I loved DDO . Love what SSG is doing with the free month or so for both games , LOTRO is intriguing me so deciding to give it a go ! If anyone would like to start with me or link up let me know ! Would appreciate any starter guides or tips aswell as I research while the installer is loading

    submitted by /u/ardianko91
    [link] [comments]

    New player guide

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 06:29 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm just joining the game and wanted to know if anyone could point me towards a guide of sorts.

    I love playing healers and would most likely go for a class that can fulfill that role but at the same time, I have no friends so I will likely be spending most of my time alone while leveling. I'd also like to be a hobbit.

    Would anyone have any class recommendations?

    submitted by /u/kibb_
    [link] [comments]

    Creating New Character - Sub vs Non Sub

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 09:15 PM PDT

    I have previously had a lotro sub (so I have that type of account - premium?), but is there any advantage if I create a new character on my account without resubbing? Or is there something different about a new character that is created on an account that is actually subbed?

    submitted by /u/Voivode71
    [link] [comments]

    instances, west rohan: breaking the back of the boar + securing vengeance

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 08:48 PM PDT

    I did the instance in West Rohan "Breaking the Back of the Boar," and I completed it by defeating Pakon. However, I left the instance before picking up the automatic bestowal quest "Securing Vengeance." Is there anyway I can go back and get it? I re-entered Dorr-shatroful, but it won't let me go through the portal to get where Pakon is located.

    submitted by /u/dunedansaxman
    [link] [comments]

    All questpacks free till 30th april

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 09:42 AM PDT

    SSG made an announcement to provide some extra postive vibes for all lotroplayers (and DDO).

    But mostly for the people here.

    All quests, instances, and skirmishes, including those in expansion packs, are open to everyone through April 30.
    http://lotroplayers.com/2020/03/19/lotro-completely-free-to-play-till-april-30th/

    • The Curator will be returning starting March 26 through April 30.
    • There will be a 10% virtue XP boost starting on March 26 through April 6.
    • The Baggins' Birthday event will be available March 26 through April 6.
    submitted by /u/squirle123
    [link] [comments]

    Haven't played since 2010, was getting hyped to play again. I downloaded everything, researched what I wanted to do. I try to login for the first time and got a connection error, then logged into forums to see this. Looks like I got hacked and banned, hopefully the ticket doesn't take long.

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 04:10 PM PDT

    I dislike the Spring Event quests

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 01:27 AM PDT

    Ok, so this was my first spring event, and I gotta say that I am annoyed. I joined LOTRO because I thought it was chill. But the amount of work required to do the event is annoying. Plus, some quests require luck or skill, which is stupid and frustrating.

    To get the Spring Event deed, you need to have skill on the horses (which you can retry only once per hour :eyeroll:), you have to dance, which is also hard for some people who can't type, and worst of all, you have to kill shrews, which happen only once every x minutes, and the chances to kill the big shrew are 0 because someone will always oneshot it before you.

    The maze is fun, and it should be the only thing present because it is objectively doable by everyone.

    Furthermore, the drinking quests and reputation are also a massive reduntant unfun waste of time.

    So yea, the event sucks, and it is frustrating for casual people.

    inb4: "but muh u dont have to do it". - yea you do. If there werent any titles or deeds attached to the frustrating content, then this might have been an argument, but it isn't. so dont' even try. It only being availabel once or a few times a year also adds to the urgency and annoyance.

    submitted by /u/asssed
    [link] [comments]

    The Hobbit (1985) Livestream Screening/Reaction Tonight @ 9p!

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 09:59 AM PDT

    Servers closed?

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 08:29 AM PDT

    I tried to log on just now and I noticed that every single server was closed. Does anyone know why?

    submitted by /u/Creeperprinsen
    [link] [comments]

    Downloader is insanely slow

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 06:08 PM PDT

    Why is the downloader INSANLEY slow? IT takes HOURS to download the HD pack which is only a few gigs. I have a very fast computer and internet so its not me.

    submitted by /u/HeyHerc
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS - Installing directly to an external hard drive?

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 11:23 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I'd like to play LOTRO on my MacBook Air, but I don't have enough space on local hard drive to install the game, and I can't find a way to install directly to an external hard drive.

    I would prefer to do it somehow through Steam, but regardless to the fact that my Steam folder is on this external hard drive, I can't point the LOTRO installer to go and put files there.

    I've read that there is a possibility to do it through symbolic links, but that would still mean that I need to install it on local hard drive first, and I don't have that possibility.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/toolatka
    [link] [comments]

    Intimidated by fellowship stuff

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 05:21 AM PDT

    Hey, guys -

    I'm a returning player on Evernight, looking for a bit of advice.

    I played LOTRO about 10 years ago and never did any fellowship stuff because the idea just seemed intimidating.

    The problem?

    There's usually so much going on that I can't understand what's happening/what I should be looking at.

    I understand the basic principles (e.g don't stand in the fire, make a mob sandwich if I'm a Guard etc.) but I'm really worried about execution.

    I'm a really uncoordinated human IRL... Which kind of translates into gameplay, I think.

    Is there any hope for me?

    Maybe a new player guide that includes keyboard shortcuts I should know about? (Besides skills/attacks)

    (Seriously, how does one attack stuff AND have a full blown conversation in the chat?!)

    submitted by /u/self-love-and-squats
    [link] [comments]

    Patcher speed constantly drops to zero, pause/resume picks speed back up

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 12:23 PM PDT

    Well, the subject says it all. I've last patched something like 6 months ago (haven't really played for years now) and I thought I'd give LOTRO another go, but...

    It seems I can download anywhere from 1 minute to 15 minutes with pretty normal speed (anywhere from 10 to 45 mbit/s), but at some point the speed hits 0kb (watching Windows Resource Manager).

    "Double clicking" pause / resume immediately makes things like nothing ever happened; speed is nearly instantly back to normal.

    If I don't hit pause and resume; the speed will stay at zero for anywhere from few minutes to 10+ minutes.

    Basically this means that if I wish to download the data, I'll have to sit here, constantly click pause/resume for hours on end.

    Ideas? Suggestions?

    submitted by /u/docweird
    [link] [comments]

    How to progress through the game from here

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 07:18 AM PDT

    Hey folks, just returned to the game after a fair time away.

    I first played back in 2011 but lost my account (think it was on a Uni email address) and the restarted in 2015 before my laptop broke and my replacement wouldn't play the game.

    I bought a new laptop last week and fired up my account and decided to resume my level 40 elf instead of restarting.

    I've done most of the quests up until and including Lone Lands, and out of Turbine Points earned through deeds I had unlocked Evendim which is around my level. However I'm lost where to progress next. I'm already above North Downs level, is it still worth unlocking this? What would your advice be on how to proceed through the game from here? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/daleyboy1234
    [link] [comments]

    The Kindred Spirits are Recruiting

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 05:27 AM PDT

    The Kindred Spirits are Recruiting

    Self-Isolating or in quarantine during this COID-19 Pandemic?

    Then LOTRO is the game to keep you sane and get you through the boredom, if it is past 3am for you and you are still playing the game then maybe The Kindred Spirits is the Kin for you!

    Filled with altoholic insomniacs that live off of comfort food and play this game way to much.

    We play LOTRO on the Arkenstone server.

    Do you want to be a part of something bigger than yourself? We at Kindred Spirits Gaming understand that sharing experiences with fellow lotro players makes playing this game more fun and memorable.

    Our mission is to provide the means for gamers to connect, socialize, and most of all play games together. We are committed to providing a friendly atmosphere where members feel safe and welcome.

    No gamer should ever play alone, we strive to provide a supportive and fun place for gamers who have battled or are battling social anxiety. We offer a judgement free place for you to get away for awhile or a place to talk with others who have been through similar tough times and can understand your struggles.

    Above all we are here to support each other. So, be supportive. If you cannot be supportive then ask for help.

    Kindred Spirits Gaming aspires to be more than just a guild, we are a close knit community, a place where all are welcome, a place to find mature, helpful and humble gamers much like ourselves. We are a guild that helps its members meet their basic fundamental human needs on the road of life as a driver not a passenger.

    We are a growing community and are always looking to expand upon that. We carry a simple mindset, Quality over quantity. We strive to give warm welcomes and to ensure there is always help available, no matter what game we may be playing. Currently our community is active in the Lord Of The Rings Online, Star Wars The Old Republic, Elder Scrolls Online, and multiple Roll20 Tabletop games.

    As with any community we have pretty standard rules that can primarily be summed up into, simply just be respectful and you will succeed in the Kindred Spirits Gaming community.

    If this is for you visit www.kindredspiritsgaming.com for more info, register and one of our officers in game will invite you to our kin.

    Happy hunting in Middle Earth!

    El

    https://preview.redd.it/7ffhywjhimn41.png?width=300&format=png&auto=webp&s=12cc10f9d2950acc9004ee7172492e92e6c8be34

    submitted by /u/Eluthien
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment