• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 3, 2021

    Lord of the Rings Online | Turned around in the Fornost instance to see this. Stunning moon! Can't think of a prettier one that I've seen in-game yet. Where is your "favorite moon" found?

    Lord of the Rings Online | Turned around in the Fornost instance to see this. Stunning moon! Can't think of a prettier one that I've seen in-game yet. Where is your "favorite moon" found?


    Turned around in the Fornost instance to see this. Stunning moon! Can't think of a prettier one that I've seen in-game yet. Where is your "favorite moon" found?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 06:25 PM PDT

    Second day of playing lotro, server arkenstone, Me and my friend been having a blast playing this game, Tho no one really talks back to you when you try to communicate lol

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 02:18 PM PDT

    Lake Evendim from above

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 08:31 AM PDT

    Rivendell overlook

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 10:35 AM PDT

    About the Free quest pack

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 09:36 PM PDT

    I can level from 1 to 115 without buy Expansions quest packs (or the helm's deep pack only)?

    submitted by /u/Solid_Staff_4268
    [link] [comments]

    Got to play lotro with some friends in a fellowship, meet the Fiddlestick!

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 11:10 PM PDT

    "Flow of the Brandywine" - Steadily becoming one of my favorite tracks in the game!

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 02:18 PM PDT

    He just stands there, tapping his feet, while waiting for the blacksmith to finish his work.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 12:46 PM PDT

    Which of these servers EU are the most active?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2021 01:23 AM PDT

    Gwaihir, Bullroarer or Palantir?

    submitted by /u/Zlurbagedoen
    [link] [comments]

    Just made it to Akrâz-zahar but what's the soundtrack?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 07:17 PM PDT

    Where does LOTRO's Windows client keeps its videos?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2021 12:51 AM PDT

    I'd like to watch them outside of the game instead of in game.

    Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

    submitted by /u/antdude
    [link] [comments]

    Is it accurate that current player numbers are around 40-50k on average? If so that's amazing!

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 12:52 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I'm a new player on LOTRO using the Steam launcher and when checking the daily number of Steam players, the volumes aren't really increasing over the 1k mark. However, when checking on the MMO population site it's stating that there are around 40k-50k and an 5-month old Reddit post on the r/MMORPG a user also linked information stating the average number of players is even higher, with a hefty percentage being active subscribers.

    Now I'm going to stick with the game as it's insanely fun both as an MMO & a LOTR lover. But are these numbers accurate at all? Crazy to think a 14 (?) year old game can retain such players is amazing :)

    submitted by /u/Hishiroisthebest
    [link] [comments]

    The Quarry In Scary - Fellowship quest?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 10:15 AM PDT

    Hi, super noob here. Downloaded the game last week because of the free quest packs. I've been making my way through the prologue quests solo but now it seems like I need a group/fellowship(?) in order to keep progressing.

    Is this quest soloable? If not, how do I go about finding a group since its such a low level quest? I'm on Gladden.

    Edit: thanks everyone I was able to complete the quest solo :)

    submitted by /u/abcdefghinsane
    [link] [comments]

    Continuously Losing Connection to the Server

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 05:55 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    Returning lotro player here. For a couple weeks the game ran perfectly, no issues with connection or anything else whatsoever. As of yesterday, I'll randomly attempt to load into or out of an instance and get stuck on an infinite loading loop and then lose connection to the server. I'm unable then to log onto that specific character for a couple hours. I can go onto any other character and play fine, but its been happening a lot since yesterday, makes playing the game with friends annoying, as I could randomly not be able to load into an instance at any time.

    I've tried most of the things suggested on the topic, but I've been unable to find a thread on my exact problem.

    Anything that could be causing this?

    submitted by /u/elvenkeeperwow
    [link] [comments]

    Im a new player looking to join someone who can help me learn more about the game

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 10:44 PM PDT

    I keep getting stuck!!!

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 04:29 PM PDT

    Let me just repost this beautiful post someone made a year ago that described me...

    "

    I keep having this issue since about a week ago ( couple days for me)... its making it impossible to play....my character just stops moving. I can do absolutely everything from turning in circles, using map, bags, quests, virtues, anything... but I CANNOT MOVE.

    It happens quite often now and makes it absolutely pointless to try and play as my character just freezes. Sometimes it lets me play for 30 min, other times for 1 min or even just few seconds and then FREEZE...change character FREEZE or few minutes of play and FREEZE.

    I tried different characters, exiting lotro and launching again, restarting computer (What I did that they didn't do... I even reinstalled the whole game)...but nothing works... when I stop moving I am just standing there no matter what I try or do... "

    So that's the post from a year ago!

    I think I've found an answer though but I wanted to post here anyways because maybe there may be another new answer? After a year?

    The answer I heard was; It's not me or not my computer, it's StandingStoneGames servers that are dead and they need to fix it.

    submitted by /u/Addizun
    [link] [comments]

    Starting a new Kin!

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 11:55 AM PDT

    Hey guys!

    I was wondering if any of you would like to start a new Kin on Arkenstone? I'm looking for new players to play/level with and thought it could be interesting

    Send me a message if you're interested šŸ˜Š

    submitted by /u/Wanderer238
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know what this is?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 08:36 PM PDT

    Is the High Elf premium race worth purchasing for casual/RP purposes?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 07:57 AM PDT

    Hi!

    New player here who's having fun with the world and prologue questing on a couple classes (I was advised to play through a few characters to level 15 to make sure I actually enjoy the game and find my favourite class).

    I'm quite interested in buying the High Elf race as I'm most likely going to stick to one specific character now for my playthrough in the foreseeable future and as a LOTR lover, the High Elf race does look very interesting to me. But I just want to check whether it's 'worth' the equivalent cost for buying or if the gameplay won't change much compared to a standard Elf?

    I'm looking to either play as a Champion or Warden (again looks interesting) - probably not do much group content, just casually make my way through the solo PVE side :)

    submitted by /u/Lysabetalle
    [link] [comments]

    I'm utterly confused on what to play.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 12:51 PM PDT

    Hello people of middle-earth! So I used the coupon and bought all the 99lp stuff. Now I want to pick up a class but I just cannot choose. Ive looked around the forums youtube reddit etc for how the classes are. So many trees are not viable which is kinda sad.

    Im just confused on all the classes and their viability because the more I read up on info the less I want to play. Runekeeper seemed cool...oh wait they got buffed but still not as strong as champion...why go runekeeper. Oh guardian also got buffed! Guardian is so good now...only in specific raids though... and captain is still better in most of the raids even though they got nerfed? Loremaster is just ??? Only for debuffs rest is just not viable apparently at max lvl.

    Some classes legit have 1 tree and that tree is mostly just barely viable. How, or am I reading smth wrong?

    Everything is just confusing. I just want to pick a class and not feel like im wasting time when I eventually hit max lvl and I cannot even do raids. It feels like im forced to go a class I do not enjoy to not gimp myself later on.

    I was going to go guardian or loremaster because I need to unlock runekeeper and I need lotro points for that, and guardian seemed pretty cool, red tree apparently buffed but still not viable cuz the bleeds didnt get buffed. Blue got better because the new raid suits it better and because captain got nerfed lol. I tried loremaster because I wanted to play a caster because there are just so many physical dealers in this game.

    Does it get better? I can 2 shot monsters with guardian but LM takes like 8 casts with the pet. If it does get better I'll guess I'll go LM. I just want to cast spells and not feel shit. The only reason raids want me is because of the debuffs. What if thats gone. The class becomes useless and I'm scared of that. Should I farm lp and get Runekeeper? But then I think about what I read and I get discouraged. Every class I like I get discouraged. I just I-I-I I don't know what to do. Ive been legit trying to think this shit out for 3 days.

    Should I just say Fuck It and play guardian or loremaster or do I go and play one of the meta classes like champion captain and deal with it?

    submitted by /u/Damnnnsongoodjob
    [link] [comments]

    how people from EU play this game? also steam question

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 08:24 AM PDT

    So I was looking for a new mmorpg this past few days as i had enough from the current top ones like ffxiv/wow (i wont even mention NW as it's pure garbage)

    anyway I downloaded LOTRO from the main website and just did few quests to see if i even like it.. guess what? it's really fun! outdated graphics and such but still the vibe in the game is amazing

    but something felt off for me in "how the game feels" so i checked the latency for me in a EU realm and it seems im getting 160-180ms (while in any other mmo eu servers im getting 60-70max )

    kinda sad.. how ppl from EU enjoy this game without a proper EU datacenter?

    also I want to install the game on steam, does it mean I can link it to my LOTRO account? (I like to have my games on 1 launcher)

    but honestly if im getting 160-180ms I might just avoid it.. could be a cool game to spend hours in and even some cash to support the devs but not with this high ping

    submitted by /u/nirosxs
    [link] [comments]

    Second character, class suggestions? Dilemma!

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 06:39 AM PDT

    I've reached level 75 with my man-hunter-woodsman and feel ready to start a new character.

    Actually I want a totally new beginning, for example:

    • as a Cook and/or Tailor so I can use the things I'm crafting on my other alt

    • as a Dwarf or Elf so I can experience the other introduction lines. Did some Hobbit beginnings on another server and now I'm following some starter Dwarf quest lines for my deeds in Ered Luin

    • a totally, maybe bit more challenging, class. I do like my travel skills for example but would like to feel the challenge of needing to plan my routes more carefully. I do like pressing buttons to kill enemies but it's getting a bit straightforward.

    • I've always thought about a pet (and being able to switch different types, so that automatically only leaves a Lore master, and thus, the Elves for me (rather not spend LP's on other classes - yet).

    However, now I'm on the creation screen, the race of Elves actually doesn't attract me. Just the appearance and "haughtiness" that can come off it (blame Peter Jackson...)

    Can someone convince me? Or maybe suggest another class?

    I'm not too much into the fighting, more for the Lore and experience. Also I do nearly everything solo. I'm not "shy", just like to keep to my own timing and may be afraid to be judged for my fighting skills - or lack of ambition for that.

    submitted by /u/FrankvdN
    [link] [comments]

    LotRO 1000 TP Glitch which levels you up to 50 instantly! (2021)

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 01:02 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment