• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 2, 2021

    Lord of the Rings Online | Does anyone else do this? Before I go to bed in real life, I find a place for my character to sleep. Been finding convenient little campsites or inns all over the place. :D

    Lord of the Rings Online | Does anyone else do this? Before I go to bed in real life, I find a place for my character to sleep. Been finding convenient little campsites or inns all over the place. :D


    Does anyone else do this? Before I go to bed in real life, I find a place for my character to sleep. Been finding convenient little campsites or inns all over the place. :D

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 07:48 PM PDT

    Dwarf statue

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 04:25 PM PDT

    A Word on Server Friendliness

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 01:03 AM PDT

    Hey hey everyone, I just thought I'd like to get on my soap box about the amount of friendliness on the Crickhollow server. My main is a lvl 61 Elf LM named Tinder and my alt is a lvl 53 Beorning named Belgkund. Everyone in chat is so incredibly kind and talkative. I am 19 now and have been playing on that server for 8 years, and I'm glad the people on there have not changed. There's a sort of warmth and welcoming about seeing some of the same people I've seen for years still come on the server and interact with people. It's like seeing an old friend again. Anyways, that's my spiel. Happy adventuring everyone!

    submitted by /u/GrahamTelevision
    [link] [comments]

    Window to the Wild

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 11:13 AM PDT

    I don't know how many years it took me to notice this pun...

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 07:24 AM PDT

    I've had this code for years. Hopefully someone here can use it. Steely Dawn starter pack . Redeem on Steam

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 04:47 PM PDT

    How ftp is lotro

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 05:38 PM PDT

    True lily how much content will I not have access to if I don't pay for anything. I know there are expansions as well as subscription based things in the game. Which one would be better to go for or do you need them both for the full game.

    submitted by /u/returntotheoldways
    [link] [comments]

    New player - Shadowfax or Arkenstone? How do non-prog servers handle old content?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 04:38 PM PDT

    I've decided to give Lotro a try. Currently an FFXIV player, so I'd be splitting my time (I usually play around 20 hours a week or so total). Trying to decide which server to start on.

    1) How does Lotro handle old content if I start on Arkenstone? Is it like WoW where the content is basically dead, or FF where it's still played (and level synced, kinda).

    2) How many hours does it it take to get to WoTP, playing at a relaxed pace? (for reference, I started FF last year and it took me something like 600 hours to get through to the end of Shadowbringers; I'd probably play Lotro at the same pace)

    3) How's the server populations? I'd assume I'd encounter more players on Shadowfax than Arkenstone (at least until end game?) just because of the level & zone squish?

    4) A big reason I'm interested in Shadowfax is for the Hard or Deadly difficulty. Can Deadly be soloed, or is a group required? Is it fun, or just a slog?

    5) Would I miss out on any QoL or graphical improvements playing Shadowfax until it catches up on expacs, or is it basically running the current game and just gating the MSQ and zones?

    submitted by /u/tyhk
    [link] [comments]

    Hide and seek II: with hints just for you! What corner of Middle Earth is this?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 06:32 AM PDT

    Looking for old kin members

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 06:20 PM PDT

    Hello! I know this may very well be a long shot, but I'm trying to reconnect with some old kin members. I don't have access to a computer with internet right now, or else I would look to see if they were even still playing.

    Anyways I haven't played since late 2014 but I played on Gladden. My main toon was a human champion JackTheCreep and he was a member of The Freeborn Blades. I don't know if the kin still exists or if it's scattered to the winds.

    The main few people I interacted with on a daily basis were Sletzer, Soapbubbles and Camphergol. I also played a lot with Alorigoria but she wasn't part of the kin. If anyone knows of these players or other members of the kin, I would greatly appreciate if you would send them this way!

    submitted by /u/Unlorja_The_Valiant
    [link] [comments]

    where is it ?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 05:39 AM PDT

    What's more convenient?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 10:09 AM PDT

    My main character is a level 62 hunter, I've been doing f2p for a couple years now (probably changing that this summer). I was wondering now that there's a major discount, is it more convenient to buy helm's deep or mordor? I've already gotten Rohan and Moria, and I'm trying to figure out which one I should buy, not knowing if I'm gonna be able to get more LOTRO points.

    submitted by /u/livazc
    [link] [comments]

    Self Sustain Question

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 01:06 PM PDT

    Between Guardian and Champion which has the best self sustain for landscape content and PvMP content?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Enarei
    [link] [comments]

    A class that doesn’t weapon swap in endgame?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 10:21 AM PDT

    Hi, I'm new to the game and trying to learn as much as I can, I'm mainly interested in the end game but want to experience the leveling process from 1-130. I've chosen a Captain, I plan on playing a DPS role.

    Does Red Captain weapon swap? Is there any other classes that use a 2hander primarily? And how limited will I be in a group setting if I'm only interested in playing melee/range DPS for instanced content and raids? Thanks much! Game has been great so far.

    submitted by /u/Nomoremetayo
    [link] [comments]

    Returning player

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 11:01 AM PDT

    Hello everyone i am thinking of starting again from zero to we see where it goes. So i have two questions a) is hunter still the best dps in game b) is runekeeper valid for healing endgame raids or for going dps on them. I believe minstrel is still the best i guess, but from your experience what healer is the most preferable.

    submitted by /u/newplayerisin
    [link] [comments]

    Work in progress LI guide for casual/dummy

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 10:00 AM PDT

    As part of Critters casual i've kept my Imbuement guide updated with larger updates. Currently working on a new U30.3 about the new imbuement system. To hopefully help people getting started and answer the most confusing parts about the new LI. Avoid costly mistakes before they are made then by people not that keeping taps on every tidbit of Bullroarer and stream.

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YRefb9z1z2zFsIO6uPEe1LpGroQ9YqEvtpMxjuU5Hg4/edit?usp=sharing

    Scope of the guide - Not-complete beginner to advanced lotro player. Somewhere between never seen an LI to an expert guide to every class LI.

    Currently in a unorganised/final google docs for ease of access. A status can be found at the top.

    Status as of 1-10 19:00 cest

    General need to know first part - Consolidation of LI slots and conversion spending warning
    Comparing old and new terms related to LI's
    Overview what part does what in LI3
    Detailed look at LI3 parts
    Short step by step guide for replacing or creating a new LI
    Quick guide to Tracery room

    submitted by /u/squirle123
    [link] [comments]

    Champion 1h vs 2h

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 04:29 PM PDT

    Hello! Returning player here. Could someone with in depth knowledge explain to me the pros vs cons on the topic of champion 1h vs 2h weapon choice? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Spicebomb02
    [link] [comments]

    LOTRO Mithril Edition in 2021?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 03:31 PM PDT

    I'd like to know if this edition is still available for purchase, and where. It seems worth buying from what is promised, and it's the only way I'd ever spend money on this game. I'm not sure if this helps, but I'm from Portugal (Western Europe).

    However, I can't find updated info about where to buy it. Steam displays nothing, websites about it give a 404 error and the official LOTRO website has no information about it either. What gives?

    submitted by /u/foxferreira64
    [link] [comments]

    Is now a good time to get my first LI?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 10:24 AM PDT

    Hey i am now at that point in game where I can get my first LI.

    Benn hearing a lot about the new update, should I wait for it and then deal with it or now is a time to hurry up getting my LI?

    I'm lvl 50

    submitted by /u/GianChris
    [link] [comments]

    Instance Clusters or Premium Wallet Upgrade

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 11:35 AM PDT

    Hi, all. I'm a new player who took advantage of the LOTROQUESTS2021 code and spent $20 to get the discounted expansions. I now have 1006 points left, and I am wondering if it would be better to get the instance clusters for Isengard and Rohan or the premium wallet upgrade?

    My major concern it this: Are instances scalable? If not, Would I even be able to find people leveling in these zones to find a group to do this content? If it would be hard, I'll just save the money and get the wallet (which I will need eventually). How critical are these instances? Thanks for the help!

    I plan on spending another $10 to get the starter pack for the riding skill.

    submitted by /u/unchartedcubes
    [link] [comments]

    Is it true that new player can’t get into high lvl raids?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 08:07 AM PDT

    Title says it all, new player here. Read this on a german news side.

    submitted by /u/Janitrolls
    [link] [comments]

    The LOTRO Beacon: Issue 222

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 01:45 PM PDT

    Lotro crashing to desktop. Says to don’t have Dx9

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 12:52 PM PDT

    I have installed Dx9 and enabled it. It also says that crashing can have something to do with resolution. I have my drivers updated. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/returntotheoldways
    [link] [comments]

    Sound question

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 08:41 AM PDT

    I've been trolling around for my answer and I can't seem to find anything. Whenever I load up the game, if I run it in Fullscreen I have no sound. Fixed it by running it in windows after a friend told me old games don't like Fullscreen. New issue is that when I run it period, I have no sound from discord or YouTube. Any ideas? I'm excited to get into the game but I'm not playing without friends.

    submitted by /u/the_seggr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment