• Breaking News

    Monday, September 13, 2021

    Lord of the Rings Online | Who was Amarthiel?

    Lord of the Rings Online | Who was Amarthiel?


    Who was Amarthiel?

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 03:52 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, posting here for the first time, so I apologise if this has already been discussed multiple times.

    I finished The Shadows of Angmar about 9 years ago, but there's a question I've been unable to find the answer to ever since. We know that Narmeleth, an elf from Eregion, fell under the negative influence of Sauron and subsequently was possessed by Amarthiel who had taken control over her mind.

    It turns out that Amarthiel existed in a physical form before Narmeleth was corrupted by Sauron in disguise. According to Tolkien Gateway, she fought for Angmar in the battle of Fornost (see http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Amarthiel ). The article also says that Narmeleth was the one who most likely defeated Amarthiel.

    Another article (see https://notionclubarchives.fandom.com/wiki/Amarthiel ) states that Amarthiel could be the former queen of Rhudaur who later chose the dark side. Was it also her in the battle of Fornost?

    I've got two theories, but apparently there's barely any evidence that would support either of them.

    Theory 1: Amarthiel was a woman who either voluntarily chose the dark side or was corrupted by Sauron (or the Witch-King), perhaps the former queen of Rhudaur eventually became Amarthiel. She died during the battle of Fornost, but Sauron could have summoned her spirit and make it possess Narmeleth.

    Theory 2: Amarthiel is a fell spirit that was summoned from the void. In this case it could have possessed many individuals, not only Narmeleth and the woman she killed in Fornost.

    What do you guys think? Would love to hear your opinions. If there's any info I may not know, feel free to share it here.

    submitted by /u/SergeiGo99
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips for a new player?

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 03:51 PM PDT

    Hey everyone!

    I'm currently downloading LotRO and I've just been scanning the links on this subreddit to see if I can get an idea of the game. Although the wiki is helpful I'm just wondering if there are any tips that you can give me for this game. What would you have wanted someone to tell you when you first started playing? I'm a fan of both LotR and MMORPGs. For reference, I've played WoW, ESO, RS3 and SWtOR. Any help or tips would be massively appreciated as I'm excited to start playing!

    Tldr: I'm a new player who would like any tips for playing and enjoying this game.

    submitted by /u/Unable_Walrus6618
    [link] [comments]

    Best Burglar Opening From Stealth?

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 10:11 PM PDT

    Just started playing burglar.

    The burglar's stuff says it does more damage from stealth, and by like... cooldowns and text I think surprise strike is my best opener, but wanted a few opinions as it isn't really descriptive about the bonuses from stealth

    submitted by /u/ThoughtsFromNobody
    [link] [comments]

    what's the best way to get rep in the lone lands?

    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 01:15 AM PDT

    I'm already ally and half way to the last rank and have done almost all the slayer deeds (except trolls) and been almost everywhere for the explorer deeds (just the 3 lock behind a instance) is there anyway to easily get the rest of it out of the way?

    submitted by /u/Maris501
    [link] [comments]

    3d Model Extracting

    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 01:14 AM PDT

    Does anyone know how to extract some of the monster models? I would really like to 3d print them but I don't know how to access the files or if its even possible. - thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/DragonDresden
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an active kinship

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 10:42 PM PDT

    New player currently on Brandywine lvl32. Looking to hopefully join an active community to enjoy this beautiful game with! I do have VIP and expansions.

    submitted by /u/TheOGDarthdiddlez
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone understand the new LI System?

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 10:30 AM PDT

    Really pissed, as it seems to get back what I've put in, I need to cash in the 1st age. But it was made by my best buddy years ago who has since died of T-Cell cancer. Any way to work around this lotro Devs to keep our old items?

    submitted by /u/Bobmanbob1
    [link] [comments]

    Question about gaurdian

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 09:22 PM PDT

    Hello all, another question coming from a newish player but this time on gaurdian.

    Okay to get to the meat and potatoes of it I have leveled a gaurdian to lvl 10 and went red line with a 2 handed greatsword.

    Now while leveling I feel I'm doing extremely well with this setup and was wondering if it is end game viable?

    Granted I know it is a tank class but imo I'm outdamaging my champion character and I could go captain but after getting one up to 15 it doesn't feel fun to play.

    So in your opinions do I keep playing my gaurdian as a 2 hander? Or do I need to be sword shield specific?

    submitted by /u/Bishop19902016
    [link] [comments]

    What does Brawler do?

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 05:55 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I see that the Brawler is in beta and I'm just wondering (without digging through a bunch of video) what kind of roles the class will end up filling based on current info.

    submitted by /u/Aebel22
    [link] [comments]

    Worth trying nowadays for a casual player?

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 03:24 PM PDT

    Is it too late to start playing now?How's the game nowadays?Still active?Not dying anytime soon?I'd hate to get into it and have it die in a few months, considering it's so old.

    submitted by /u/Vantezzle
    [link] [comments]

    New player looking for guild

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 01:37 PM PDT

    As title says, im a relatively new player, looking for a friendly active guild. Im on brandywine

    submitted by /u/Alterego1911
    [link] [comments]

    Mission farm

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 11:31 AM PDT

    Hey I'm playing a burglar hobbit and yesterday a more experienced player in world chat was helping me out. They said something about a repeatable mission I could grind for xp. I'm level 26 in the lone lands right now. Does anyone know where that mission is?

    submitted by /u/PigletMcBacon
    [link] [comments]

    How the Community Feels About Multi-boxing

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 01:14 PM PDT

    Do you Multi-Box in LOTRO?

    Posted: 12 Sep 2021 03:36 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment