• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 11, 2021

    Lord of the Rings Online | Stepping into Faerie: Does anyone know where I am?

    Lord of the Rings Online | Stepping into Faerie: Does anyone know where I am?


    Stepping into Faerie: Does anyone know where I am?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 09:58 PM PDT

    Dadi's Guide: New LIs

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 05:15 PM PDT

    Guess Where in Middle-earth

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 07:44 AM PDT

    Enedwaith sunrise

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 11:39 PM PDT

    How's your Friday? Just chilling up over here

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 12:41 PM PDT

    Some thoughts on the LI rework (Champion)

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 05:46 PM PDT

    Sorry if this sounds too nerdy or too complicated, I just typed up some thoughts regarding the Champion. I'd love to hear your thoughts and critique.

    Not a native speaker, please excuse the grammatical errors.

    In my feedback I would like to talk about the homogenization of the damage classes and the big gap this creates between the Champion class and the other damage dealers.

    Here I refer to the removal of the general multiplier attributes, called omni-multipliers by me in the following, because they affect a complete skillset or a specific type of damage (for example: critical hits, DoT, AoE).

    Thinking about it, the legendary item rework is intended to address several issues (weapon-switching, due to effects on the general game performance; the long grind to increase the multipliers on the individual attributes; compatibility between hardcore and casual players), the present concept is definitely a step in the right direction, and it will be quite clear to everyone, that such a serious cut in game mechanics will have an impact on the balancing of the classes.

    However, in my view, the following problems arise: 1. Homogenization of omni-multipliers leads to a sharp drop in damage, especially for the champion. Triggered self-understandingly by the removal of the 174% critical multiplier and 34.8% AoE damage attribute, which, obviously, will not be compensated by the new "Words of Power". Since these attributes have by far the most influence on the damage of the champion compared to other classes, no one will be surprised that even though the test weapons have almost 1000 more base dps than the current weapons on the live server, the champion's damage has dropped by 30-40%. In contrast a Word of Power, which affects all damage over time as well as criticals, is of course more helpful to a Warden as an old attribute (which has even lower multipliers) that has little effect on bleed or light damage.

    1. consistent removal of omni-multipliers. To explain what I mean by that, I would like to use the Champion again and this time also the Hunter as an example: Obvious part of the concept as written above is obviously the removal of what I call omni-multipliers. However, the Hunter got an attribute on the beta server that gives him as long as he is in a (permanent!) stance (precision), gives a multiplier of 50% on critical damage, which I think is an omni-multiplier, so I think it would be possible, grant the champion an attribute that affects the specific type of blade damage. To be honest, though, I'd rather just consequently leave such omni-multipliers out of the attributes.

    2. the percentages on the attributes look to me like if you think 2 or 3 levelcaps into the future there will be problems with scaling again. Of course, all these values are non-final, but some dimensions, especially sections of cooldowns are in my opinion now already sufficient, but in the beta again increased, this was solved with the old system well by the fact that from a certain point only a 2nd value has steadily increased by attribute levels.

    3. increase the range of ranged abilities: 51m range of Hunter leads to the issue, that in PvMP Ghajarn-Gramarrow are simply killed from outside their ranged combat range and thus safezones like the respawn point lose their meaning. Increasing the range of the Ghajarn Gramarrows, on the other hand, would cause these safezones to grow too large and block other areas or disrupt routes. I beg to reconsider and feel that increasing ranged combat range is absolutely unnecessary.

    tl/dr Reducing attributes by removing omni-multipliers is necessary to compensate for the loss of weapon-switch mechanics, in my opinion a good approach, even if it makes scaling and gameplay of the roles more homogeneous again in my eyes. However, in my opinion one should at least be careful not to install omni-multipliers again under the guise of the precision stance for the Hunter. Words of Power like that for range lead to problems (exploits). Adjusting base damage values to compensate for large differences between dropped attributes and newly added Words of Power is necessary.

    submitted by /u/Lord_Knowalot
    [link] [comments]

    Levelling through Rohan while avoiding mounted combat

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 08:19 AM PDT

    I've been leveling in a duo from 1 - max.

    We recently hit Rohan and absolutely hate mounted combat, so we have been trying to figure out the least painful way to level while avoiding as much mounted combat as possible.

    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to push through from 82-95 without mounted combat? We have been doing skirmishes and book quests and the XP rate is pretty brutal.

    Does doing deeds in general give a chunk of XP on completion? And if so does doing low level deeds also give XP?

    We're just looking for an alternate path because we love the game and hate Rohan.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/CaidenTheGreat
    [link] [comments]

    Champion Nerfs Inc?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 04:09 PM PDT

    Seeing a lot of discussion about champions getting nerfed to literal worthlessness? Is there truth to this?

    I am in the middle of leveling one (after literally JUST rejoining) and won't waste my time if that will be the final result.

    submitted by /u/golbezexdeath
    [link] [comments]

    Possible to buy points without the game?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 02:34 PM PDT

    I am out of town without computer access and wanted to buy some points but can't seem to figure out how. Is it even possible?

    submitted by /u/Graym
    [link] [comments]

    Helm's Deep unavailability

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 11:10 PM PDT

    Hi all! My friend and I finished the quad pack and want to continue the game. We are around level 85.

    Helm's deep looked like the next thing to get but I can't find it anywhere anymore. Cheappunk and other sellers (even the LOTRO store) aren't offering it anymore.

    Luckily, I found one guy who sold me his last code that he got months ago prior to the removal of the expansion from Steam recently. He hadn't known about the removal until he went to try to get another code for my friend. Now I have a copy and my friend doesn't. She's unable to get it unless she buys the whole expansion trove, which isn't worth it for just HD.

    Anyone know any sellers that might still have a stock of codes?

    What are our options here so we can continue playing together? We have enough points to buy mordor from the lotro store. Are there any quest packs or things we can do to bridge the level gap to Mordor?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TheAlienSister
    [link] [comments]

    Duo Class for a Runekeeper?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 12:21 PM PDT

    So originally I thought I would be soloing through the PvE and PvP aspects of the game, however my BF finally quit a certain problematic game and has come over to LotRO. We will be playing on Arkenstone and he decided to go Runekeeper. Are there any classes that synergize well with Runekeeper as a duo in both PvE and PvP? Not counting dungeons and raiding we will probably be doing all the content together as a duo.

    submitted by /u/Alyssira
    [link] [comments]

    Pelennor fields before battle and Kûr-anchi (the mumak)

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 03:09 AM PDT

    Best time and way to spend some hard collected Lotro Points

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 07:27 AM PDT

    Hi there, I hope you all are doing great.

    I'm a Lotro player since 2007, but with very long pauses and plus have to start all over again after I completely missed the servers' consolidation.

    Now, most of the time, I just buy an expansion, and even more rare, I buy a Vip sub for, let's say three months. Saving money is a real priority for me, for obvious reasons, but once in a while, I make an effort.

    So, after three months of VIP subs, soon to end, and buying the Lotro Points sales, with double bonus, and some grinding deeds on my alts, I have managed to collect 11.500 LP, which is awesome... but not that much. I have yet to buy Mordor, Morgul, and War of the Three Peaks, which in total are 6.985 LP.

    On top of that, I really want a Kingstead house, because, well... I just love houses in-game. The best way to buy a Deluxe House is with Mithril Coins, even at sales, the writs are more expensive.

    The ones I like are in the range of 495 MC, so, we are talking 4.000 LP for the 500 MC.

    Now, the question: are there MC sales and expansions sales eventually?. I can wait for those, since I have 9 alts, and none of them have yet reached level 100 (most are between 80-95) so I have a lot to level up by the time there is a sale, but are there any of those?.

    I know there are sometimes MC sales, I believe every three months, but not really sure, and if I'm right, it will lead me to save 800 LP when buying since is a 20% discount... apparently.

    Any insight about your own experience would be very appreciated because I really need to maximize my investment.

    Thanks in advance and kudos , have a great weekend.

    submitted by /u/Electronauta
    [link] [comments]

    LotRO Graphics

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 03:45 PM PDT

    Hello!

    I am a WoW refugee, someone who jumped ship a few months ago. I played LOTRO once upon a time with my dad, probably like 6-8 years ago? Timeline could be off though… but I was looking to MAYBE get back into the game… but the graphics look exactly the same… are their any graphics upgrades coming? Needs more polygons

    TLDR; are the graphics getting any better?

    submitted by /u/Capriestsunny
    [link] [comments]

    Sauron enslaved the King

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 08:43 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment