• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 11, 2021

    Lord of the Rings Online | Legolas & Gimli defend Balin's Tomb. (One of these days, we're gonna get more kinnies in on these photo ops so we can do full fellowship pics, but here's a teaser.)

    Lord of the Rings Online | Legolas & Gimli defend Balin's Tomb. (One of these days, we're gonna get more kinnies in on these photo ops so we can do full fellowship pics, but here's a teaser.)


    Legolas & Gimli defend Balin's Tomb. (One of these days, we're gonna get more kinnies in on these photo ops so we can do full fellowship pics, but here's a teaser.)

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 06:36 PM PST

    "War is coming. The enemy is on your doorstep. As steward, you are charged with the defense of this city. Where are Gondor's armies? You still have friends. You are not alone in this fight."

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 07:39 AM PST

    2021 Producer’s Letter

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 06:44 AM PST

    Tips for playing post-lvl 100?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 05:08 PM PST

    I've been getting back into the game recently and loving it, and my lowest lvl toon just hit 100. When I last played regularly, cap was 105, so my three other toons are 105/106 now.

    I've always been intimidated by LIs post-lvl 100, and whenever I read a guide, I usually get overwhelmed. The game is most enjoyable to me when I'm solo questing and exploring the world, and I want to level all my toons to 130 eventually.

    Without sounding incredibly lazy, I guess my question is: what is the minimum effort I have to put into my LIs and gear in order to continue playing at higher levels?

    I'm not opposed to some grind, but I'm also not really interested in raids (for example) and I don't want to put in a lot of time grinding if it's not going to substantially improve the way I already play the game. But if things are going to get much harder (or impossible) in a few levels because I'm not grinding now, when I'm just getting my lvl 100 LIs…obviously, I want to do what's necessary to keep the game enjoyable in the long run.

    Any tips are very welcome. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/regrettablyjonah
    [link] [comments]

    Sauron's arm has grown long indeed if he can bug the weather out here [Ered Mithrin]

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 12:06 PM PST

    It's been a long time.....

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 07:37 PM PST

    Just started playing again after 10 years. Finally got another PC after getting tired of consoles. Too bad I lost my original characters :/ But, I'm not even mad about having to start over. šŸ˜

    submitted by /u/Lafoor
    [link] [comments]

    RK vs Mini

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 02:30 PM PST

    Really stuck in a pickle and hoping to get some information from the lotro boys and girls here on reddit! I've been leveling both a RK and a Mini simultaneously up to level 50ish while trying to decide which one I take to end game. Currently I'm leaning slightly towards how the RK feels in combat but I enjoy the aesthetics of the mini a bit more (sword, shield, glowing hands etc).

    At end game I'm really not a big raider, but I love doing 3man, 6man, and pvp content. From what I've heard RK isn't in the best spot for high end content healing (due to lack of buffs for dps apparently?) So at what point would I get turned down from a group solely for the fact that I'm trying to heal as a RK? The fact that the sky is the limit for the minstrel as far as grouping makes me lean towards that class somedays.

    Lastly, if there's anybody big on the Pvmp scene, I'd appreciate it a lot if you could give me the rundown on how the 2 classes play in the moors! Really appreciate the help y'all !!

    submitted by /u/Tkellz_
    [link] [comments]

    [Bullroarer] I've found the promised Eye of Sauron!

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 07:57 AM PST

    [Bullroarer] I've found the promised Eye of Sauron!

    The difficulty NPC under development is currently present at the E&G tavern in BR but it's not part of this preview.

    Today while running Woe of the Willow while having the "Deadly" difficulty on (from said NPC), I received a 3 min long Eye of Sauron, almost constantly throughout the fight xD

    https://preview.redd.it/njqk91kj38m61.png?width=360&format=png&auto=webp&s=9934e9ebb672c3734d14fabee6edcf9906a7feb4

    submitted by /u/Laurelinarien
    [link] [comments]

    Transfer from legendary to regular servers?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 03:11 PM PST

    Is there any news of this happening?

    submitted by /u/Stormcrow12
    [link] [comments]

    I gotta say I love the medium armor your high elf wears during the intro for high elf if you are a hunter or a warden.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 07:43 AM PST

    Just like the title says, I absolutely love the look of the High Elven Armor in the intro. Hell I even like most of the heavy armor pieces for the high elves to minus the helm of the heavy armor set.

    Thank god for the cosmetic options so you can keep the appearance of the old Elven Armor even without having to wear it physically over better armor.

    submitted by /u/DarkLordOfPretzels
    [link] [comments]

    Free to play content and options

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 06:37 AM PST

    So Im thinking about trying lotro, im big fan of Tolkien and his world, but considering how old the game is I dont want to start putting money into it right now, but I wonder what amount of content is open for me as free to play player? Im mostly interested in story, because you know I love the story of LoTR, not really into group content and totally not into any pvp.

    submitted by /u/Beranir
    [link] [comments]

    Having a unique audio issue that I need help looking into

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 10:55 AM PST

    Hey, so simply put my game audio is super distorted and I can't figure out why.

    Here's what's happening:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEXJ-cSds7w

    Playing on steam, brand new to the game just installed it last night. I've tried re-installing, repairing, I've used both 32 and 64 bit clients, I've re-installed and updated audio and graphics drivers, and tried various tweaks to my audio settings.

    So far I've only been able to discover one thing: when I turn my default audio format to 44100 Hz some of the audio becomes normal, but only about 30-40% of it, the rest still plays super distorted.

    So it must be some sort of issue with the encoding? I'm really not too familiar with audio stuff so I was hoping someone here would be. I really wanna try out the game, so hopefully someone can help me. I've tried the Discord and sending in a support ticket (waiting on a response)

    submitted by /u/xpheriono
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment