• Breaking News

    Monday, September 7, 2020

    Lord of the Rings Online | This community...

    Lord of the Rings Online | This community...


    This community...

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 10:37 AM PDT

    Listen it`s been a hard year for all. A shitty year for most, actually, and an act of kindness goes a long way in helping others. I was in the Bree crafting area (Landroval) while my 4 and a half daughter stood by my side asking questions about the game. In came a player with a baby elephant pet. Little Mamuk I believe? Anyways, my daughter was ecstatic. She wanted me to pet it and feed it a Banana, and kinship chat gave me the idea to do the /pat and /beg effect in order to simulate both. Note that I don´t know this player have never talked to him or her.

    Anyways, while I was talking to my daughter about baby elephants, this absolute stranger came over, opened trade, and gave me the little mamuk tome. He or she demanded nothing in return and shortly left.

    Look I don´t know how hard or easy it is to get. I was going to research it seeing as how my daughter seemed so pleased by it. It doesn´t matter. What matters is you you lad / lass, made my daughter so happy she ran around Bree (clumsily) with the little elephant following behind. Out of absolutely nowhere, stranger, you made her so happy. I will always be grateful for this :)

    Edit: hey wow, thanks for the award , more reason to just try and do for others in Landry what this player did for us

    submitted by /u/Juanrayo
    [link] [comments]

    So, I got a new laptop and this happens to the screen every time I quit LOTRO.

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 09:50 AM PDT

    If you look VERY closely you can see eyes in the Northern Mirkwood watching you!

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 09:56 AM PDT

    Crickhollow: Dulcet Tones 5th Anniversary in one week!

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 05:22 PM PDT

    Questions about Fellowships

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 04:42 PM PDT

    Hello, everyone,

    I'm quite new to LOTRO, with just about a week of playtime. I noticed the promotion for LOTROFREEQUESTS on the very last day. After testing the waters, I purchased a short duration of premium. I currently have a level 20 Captain on Gladden with all the other character slots filled with other classes to keep premium benefits later on.

    I'm considering trying to get some friends into the game, but I have some questions about Fellowship mechanics that I would like to know before they ask. I've only played solo so far, so I haven't touched any of the multiplayer mechanics.

    1. How does it actually work? I see that there's the Instance Finder, but can we make a party and then do quests together easily? Or do we need to use the Instance Finder to do that?

    2. How much content is available throughout the low and mid levels for group play? I wouldn't need to do literally everything, but literally everything looks to result in over-leveling anyway. Is it possible to engage in just the multiplayer content and maintain an appropriate level as one moves through zones?

    3. I see that the LOTRO Wiki shows quests designed for Solo, Small Fellowships, and Full Fellowships. Can we do Solo quests by all speaking to the quest giver, doing the quest simultaneously, and then delivering it? Does the Fellowship mechanic allow us to cooperate in any way while doing this?

    4. Can players participate in quests they haven't purchased? My understanding is that a Free to Play player can access all zones, but only the quests up to the end of Bree (potentially with the exception of main story quests, which some sources indicated were free up to Helm's Deep). After Bree, can Free to Play players party with a Premium player and benefit from their quest access?

    5. What's an optimal number of people for regular questing? It looks like three, based on the "Small Fellowship" category.

    6. How much does playing as a group trivialize the game? I haven't had much of a challenge with my Captain, which indicates that a group could throw off the game balance for many areas. But maybe later zones are different. Can we just do quests that are a little above our level to compensate?

    Thanks, everyone!

    submitted by /u/Box_of_Hats
    [link] [comments]

    How does the perfect legendary burglar weapon and tool look like?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    Which stats must they have? And im wondering which is the best skilltree for instances? Thank you for helping an absolute noob :)

    submitted by /u/ziplin19
    [link] [comments]

    My babies

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 12:04 PM PDT

    Question - Lvl 130 Instance Gear

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    Hi all, I don't post on reddit very often but I thought I'd ask a question here as well as providing a little bit of background on my knowledge of the game. (Question is in last paragraph)

    I've been playing LOTRO since Mirkwood came out and I was a little kid at that time who had no idea how MMOs worked but absolutely adored the game regardless. The community, the detail in each region, and my general interest in LOTR just made me fall in love with this game. I've taken long breaks from this game, cycled between characters and servers (Windfola -> Firefoot -> Gladden -> Arkenstone) before I finally stuck with a hunter who I'm just about to enter Mordor with, the furthest point I've ever made it in this game. I got my imbued items and have been grinding them up and my interest in this game is still very strong, especially with Summer fest.

    I have a good friend (Guardian) who is playing somewhat alongside me and our goal is to hit 130 by the end of our school year to start finally experiencing instances and Remm as I've NEVER been able to do anything at the level cap despite the literal thousands of hours I've put in this game since childhood.

    Alright so here's my question. As I stated above, I'm a red line Hunter and I'm dipping into blue at this point. If and when the time comes I can make it to Minas Morgul and hit level 130, what gear should I be on the lookout for and where can I obtain it? I'm mainly referring to the earliest point I can get the gear needed for these instances and maybe T1 Remm. I'd greatly appreciate the information, thank you!

    • Ladhellod
    submitted by /u/PandoraSouls99
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for friendly active kinship on Gladden.

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 10:06 AM PDT

    Hey all! I'm looking to see if there are any friendly and active kinships open to newcomers on Gladden. Kind of afraid to ask in world chat, and I never see any recruitment messages of any kind. Just got back into the game after several years and I'm trying to expand on the social aspect a bit. Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/s550ecomagnetic
    [link] [comments]

    Aria of the Valar 120 - two weapons and no carving

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 02:56 PM PDT

    Greetings Everybody,

    So I decided to use some of my excess points (and I got quite a few after the last black friday) to get myself the 120 Valar Aria for my Beorning. All fine and well (besides the usual inquisitive questionning about the best virtues to take for endgame :D ). But after opening the box for the 1st Age carving I only got a second axe, even though it clearly said "carving". I am quite confused now. Am I not supposed to get a carving too? (Guess it is a bug, but before I inquire SSG I wanted to see if that only happened to me).

    submitted by /u/Valyn_Arvis
    [link] [comments]

    Just reached 100 on my LM main: which Legacy to replace on my LI book before imbuing? (details in comments: only enough resources for 1 book)

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 12:28 PM PDT

    I'm making a hybrid Support/DPS book with 7 legacies. Which means one of the following has to be thrown out:

    +Signs of Power Duration

    +Armor Debuff Potency

    +Charged Air Damage Reflect

    +Beacon of Hope Magnitude

    +Fire Damage Over Time

    +Light and Lightning Type Damage

    +Fire Skills Critical Rating

    +Burning Embers Critical Chance

    Which one is the least useful or too situational? I am both an active raider AND a solo player (using experience disabler, leveling slow), so trying to find a balanced compromise.

    I will be capping my Critical rating via gear, does this mean the Fire Skills Crit legacy is redundant? Or is the Burning Embers Crit chance more redundant?

    Does the Fire Damage Over Time legacy add anything substantial or is it disposable?

    Thoughts welcome, looking to throw out a legacy I won't miss.

    submitted by /u/Aurvegil
    [link] [comments]

    Askad Mazal t5: Fast DPS Method

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 10:09 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment