• Breaking News

    Monday, April 6, 2020

    Lord of the Rings Online | Beorning-lands, Mirkwood, Lothlorien and Great River regions can all be seen in one picture

    Lord of the Rings Online | Beorning-lands, Mirkwood, Lothlorien and Great River regions can all be seen in one picture


    Beorning-lands, Mirkwood, Lothlorien and Great River regions can all be seen in one picture

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    This is so awesome!

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 10:15 AM PDT

    Week 15 news roundup

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 11:12 PM PDT

    Quick update on Bullroarer U26, Producers letter, April fools, events and 555th box run birth-day

    http://lotroplayers.com/2020/04/06/week-15-news-soon-tm/

    submitted by /u/squirle123
    [link] [comments]

    Too late to roll on legacy servers?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 07:09 PM PDT

    Hi there,

    I've played LOTRO on and off but mostly during the original release (and part of Moria).

    I really like the legacy leveling and crafting experience, I never gotten too far (probably not past level 30) just because my IRL friends didn't play so it was hard to keep up. Since then I've played the updated version of LOTRO and still think I'd like the legacy version more. I'm interested in finding people to play with since I'm starting here alone.

    I'd like to get a sub on try these realms but am wondering if I will struggle to find an active kin if I'm starting just now?

    submitted by /u/prules
    [link] [comments]

    Is Red line Champ w/ two-handed weapon viable?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 10:38 PM PDT

    I'm currently a lvl. 92 Red line Champion. When I first made my character, Red line seemed the most interesting, and two-handed axes seemed like a cool choice for a Dwarf, so I went in that direction. Now as I'm approaching lvl. 100 and nearing the imbuement process, I'm starting to worry about viable Red line 2H champ is.

    The vast majority of players I have talked about this to in-game have said the Yellow line is far better and has improved DPS, and to dual wield instead of use a two-handed weapon. Personally, I have tried Yellow and dual wielding and I'm not a big fan, I much prefer Red line.

    Are Red line Champs with 2H weapons viable in endgame? I'm not necessarily talking about raiding, just about surviving and doing their job--single target damage--in 3 and 6 man endgame instances. As I've gone through the game the damage from red line has seemed pretty solid, and using a two-hander for better crits makes sense with Red line, but the sheer amount of people saying to go Yellow instead is making me second guess myself.

    Thoughts?

    If absolutely necessary, I can switch to Yellow line. It isn't my favorite but I could definitely learn to like it. If Red line is really hot garbage, then it's better to switch now then to imbue a two-handed weapon and then have to restart with a dual wield setup many levels down the line.

    submitted by /u/Fallicism
    [link] [comments]

    Inspired Warden weapon

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 02:03 AM PDT

    So I've finally managed to craft my own 1st Age weapons for my warden and plan on inspiring them soon. I've read a little bit about leveling and when to put use the Anfalas crystal etc. Just wondering what kind of masteries/legacies (don't know if that's the correct English translation) I should pick for it? I'm playing the warden as DD and my main output is light damage.

    Best wishes and stay healthy:)

    submitted by /u/gerrit97409
    [link] [comments]

    Kind on Arkenstone

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 09:35 PM PDT

    Looking for a fun casual kin that doesn't mind me asking stupid questions since I haven't played in years.

    Would like to do some end game instances or raids.

    submitted by /u/beepboopmoop
    [link] [comments]

    Valar Beorning Question

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 12:22 AM PDT

    Anyone used a level 120 valar on a Beorning recently. I only have 92 trait points which 2 am I missing. On rk just had 2 do 2 quests on Beorning can't find anything

    submitted by /u/BashyMcGashy
    [link] [comments]

    Wise to Play Guardian as a First Character?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 11:12 AM PDT

    I want to be able to explore the game on my own as much as possible and from what I read it sounds like a guardian would make a good fit. If I make it to end game though, I will have never seen the raids or dungeons that will require others to join me. Is it wise to play a character that has a lot of responsibility in dungeons and raids when I have never seen nor know the mechanics of encounters? Would I be better of enjoying the game as a champion or another character that doesn't have so much responsibility for the first playthrough? Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/FatGamersAlliance
    [link] [comments]

    You've seen a horse fly, a dragon fly, and even a house fly. But have you ever seen a dwarf fly?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 04:52 AM PDT

    Possible to buy expansion with LP?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 11:02 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    Returning life time player here found his MMO craving in Lotro.

    I was wondering whether you can buy the collectors editions of Minas Morgul expansion with Lotro Points? For now it is of course for free and we have LP bonus running, thinking whether I should stockpile and wait till the 30th of April to purchase the expansion.

    Thank you for your replies!

    submitted by /u/mast3rsign
    [link] [comments]

    Gollum and the Stoor Hobbits before The Lord of the Rings | Tolkien Explained

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 09:47 AM PDT

    Guardian Tank 2-Handed Viability

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 07:39 AM PDT

    Hey all,

    So how viable is a Guardian 2-handed tank in the yellow line? I'm currently level 30, questing through zones and have a lot of fun nuking down several groups of mobs at once. I vastly prefer the game-play to sword and shield, and even find myself having more survivability with 2h over sword/board, due to taking down mobs faster.

    Thing is, I want to eventually dip into group content--not hardcore raids or anything, just occasional dungeons/instances. Is going 2-handed viable as a tank in those?

    I also have a champion who I play as 2-handed, also in the same level range. He's pretty fun, but I still prefer guardian in terms of gameplay and mechanics. Nonetheless, I don't want to be in a position later on in the game (after a lot of investment) where I'm not accepted due to my preferred playstyle.

    What are your thoughts? Should I just go champion at this point? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/druchii5
    [link] [comments]

    Returning player question!

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 08:22 AM PDT

    Hi all! I just returned to LotRO after many years. I must say this game is still amazing after all these years! <3

    My question is this; I left as a level 65 Warden. This was back before Rohan. I only have up to Mirkwood expansion. As a VIP player, I still need to purchase all the other expansions right?

    And also..I started a Beorning to relearn the game. I got to level 10 and realized I wanted to skip the beginning stuff since I did it all many many times before. So I boosted to 50 to replay moria which I loved, and then go beyond to the new content. After I boosted and began playing, I looted some splintered warg paws which are class trophies. I then remembered some of the class questlines, and looked it up. I do not know however, if I need to do this questline or if it "boosted" me through it? If I need to do this class line, where should I begin/pick up the quest?

    Thanks all for any help!

    submitted by /u/OGDocMcStuffins
    [link] [comments]

    Account Wide Mounts Sale??

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 09:37 AM PDT

    Do the account wide mounts ever go on sale? Just curious as I want to get the white goat, but will wait until a sale if they do those for account wide at all.

    submitted by /u/2TonStreama
    [link] [comments]

    PlayWrite/QuestWrite - Show&Tell - Fetchquest

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 09:25 AM PDT

    Human’s epic quest with a hobbit ?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 05:34 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, anybody knows if it's possible to begin the human's epic quest with a hobbit, just after Archer's burning ? I want to play an old hobbit I've made, but with a friend who wants to create a human

    submitted by /u/Abibak
    [link] [comments]

    Regarding Captain

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 04:29 AM PDT

    I am fairly new to the game and I have two questions regarding the Captain: is the captain similar to a paladin in the lotro universe? How useful is the captain for endgame content, as a buffer/dps, healer or tank role? Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/Dr_Sotirios
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment