• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 25, 2021

    Lord of the Rings Online | I've started enjoying mounted combat lately: Uruk bowling and wargs always land on their feet.

    Lord of the Rings Online | I've started enjoying mounted combat lately: Uruk bowling and wargs always land on their feet.


    I've started enjoying mounted combat lately: Uruk bowling and wargs always land on their feet.

    Posted: 24 Sep 2021 12:30 PM PDT

    Lone-Lands with the view at Weathertop

    Posted: 24 Sep 2021 02:04 PM PDT

    Watching the sunset near the Midgewater Marshes, Treebeard server

    Posted: 24 Sep 2021 11:27 AM PDT

    Pelennor Fields

    Posted: 24 Sep 2021 12:56 PM PDT

    Is this game still active?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2021 09:22 PM PDT

    Been wanting to play this, is it still pretty active? Which server is best?

    submitted by /u/Type1Writer
    [link] [comments]

    My LOTRO android home screen using Nova Launcher and Wiki. Love me some Moria.

    Posted: 24 Sep 2021 12:19 PM PDT

    LF Kinship

    Posted: 24 Sep 2021 04:33 PM PDT

    New Player Just started today currently looking for an active fellowship that has discord thats willing to take in a noob. Played a ton of MMos but just diving into LOTRO, just want an active one so I can have peeps to chill and do stuff with! I am on Arkenstone server!

    submitted by /u/kismet32
    [link] [comments]

    [LOTRO Official] Gundabad: The Story So Far...

    Posted: 24 Sep 2021 12:58 PM PDT

    I have only enough points for 1 expansion.

    Posted: 25 Sep 2021 01:39 AM PDT

    As a new player which should i choose first?

    submitted by /u/KinkyAmra
    [link] [comments]

    About the Get ready news.

    Posted: 24 Sep 2021 06:26 PM PDT

    So a friend told me to first get the quest packs then go VIP for 1 month and with the points they give me buy all expansion and at the same time unlock something called traits that won't be unlocked other wise so should i do this?

    BTW i'm also a DDO player from a long time but i didn't want to get into LOTRO because of all the content that i would have to buy at once.

    submitted by /u/sataricon
    [link] [comments]

    New player conflicted about level boost

    Posted: 24 Sep 2021 08:21 AM PDT

    So I began playing about 5 days ago as a Champion and I'm currently sitting at level 45 and enjoying the storyline immensely. I got my VIP for 3 months and plan on leveling the Champion slowly up until level cap to fully appreciate the content.

    With that being said, I also started a Hunter and Warden and upon completion of the introductory zone, found myself wanting to boost one of them to either 105 or 120.

    I've always been impartial to level boosts in game as I get through the content on my own time regardless of how slow. But LOTRO has many more levels than many MMORPGs so while leveling my Champion, I'd like to get a feel for higher level content. Is the content from 105 - cap as fulfilling as these early levels in terms of storyline?

    EDIT:

    Again, thanks everyone for the input! I have definitely noticed that Hunter is extremely quick leveling, so if I were to buy the boost, it'd be the Warden. Regardless, I guess my concern was with the replayability with each class, for instance, if I get my Champion to level 105 for Mordor, would it be safe at that point to boost the Warden to that level as well?

    The ceiling for learning techniques and skills has been pretty easy for me thus far, but then again I use spread sheets and other nerdy techniques to find ways of learning/understanding skills, damage mitigation, etc.

    submitted by /u/USMCVET2013
    [link] [comments]

    Returning player - accessing content on old account

    Posted: 24 Sep 2021 06:28 AM PDT

    Hi everyone. I'm a returning player after taking a very long break from the game. I originally played at 50 cap and bought the box version of the game back then, and was there at the release of Moria, buying the expansion on release day. I haven't really played since then outside of maybe an occasional brief login over the years to check it out.

    It seems my old server (Elendilmir) has since been deleted, and all of my old characters gone. I have also found that I am no longer able to create a warden or rune keeper and that it directs me to the cash shop to purchase these.

    Is this normal with the way the game has changed? It just seemed odd to have paid for Moria and now having lost warden and RK. I am keen to get back into it and currently level 27 on a new hunter on Arkenstone but am unsure if I'll need to also repurchase Moria when I get to 60.

    Also, is there a way to restore my old characters?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/RunLewisRun1
    [link] [comments]

    Install stick on dll files

    Posted: 24 Sep 2021 10:16 AM PDT

    I have a friend who has agreed to give the game a try. However, his install on both steam and from the direct site, keeps stalling on the .dll files. Any idea what's up and what the fix would be?

    submitted by /u/Jaijoles
    [link] [comments]

    Password Change Issues

    Posted: 24 Sep 2021 08:18 AM PDT

    Haven't played since January, and my password seems to not be working. I have tried to reset it a few times. Everytime it goes through without errors, but I cannot log in to the game or the standing stone account portal.

    I have submitted a ticket, but just wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and if they were able to get it resolved.

    submitted by /u/tref95
    [link] [comments]

    New player query; is this game supposed to run extremely high CPU temps?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2021 05:19 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    First time player with a small tech query if these are allowed here? I've downloaded the game but didn't install the optional high-res 6GB pack just to get a feel for what the base graphics settings are like.

    The automatic detection set the graphics to very high, which is basically what I play on other games [MMO's and other games like D2, Skyrim etc].

    But for whatever reason the temps on my CPU spike immediately upto 80c just on the main menu, nevermind entering the actual servers for playing. I downgraded to medium and the temps are still sitting at mid 70s. I'm just wondering whether this is a common or known issue?

    On other games I rarely push 70c and have custom fan curves sorted out, so I was quite surprised!

    submitted by /u/Lysabetalle
    [link] [comments]

    Best Balanced Ministrel Build?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2021 09:16 AM PDT

    Hello fellow kinsmen and lotr lovers, just re rolled a new toon, ministrel , I am looking for a moderate build. balanced between heals and dmg, for pve.

    any suggestions are extremely welcomed.

    thank you!

    submitted by /u/CatireDurin
    [link] [comments]

    Map Navigation & Inconsistencies

    Posted: 24 Sep 2021 06:42 AM PDT

    I know it's probably a non-issue for many, but why are maps so inconsistent and confusing?

    Why is it necessary to have three different art styles? I know it costs money to streamline it and update them to a single style, but it would look so much more professional and consistent.

    But even more, it's so damn hard to navigate them.

    - navigating the maps itself: especially some parts of Gondor, and Rohan to a lesser degree, are a pain in the ass. You click somewhere on the map - you right click to zoom back out - you're not where you were before. I don't necessarily dislike this hierarchical map structure where you "zoom in" when you click somewhere, but it has to be more intuitive imo.

    - navigating WITH the maps: with both older and newer maps, they don't really show you where you're able to get through. E.g. you fall into a river? Bad luck, swim down for solid five minutes because the cliffs are too steep to get up. A row of trees body blocks the path in both directions? You got no clue from the map. There's a cliff too steep to climb? You don't see it on the map and you don't know where it ends. I mean, it's probably an immersive feature, but it's not really conveniant.

    - it's just so clumsy to use - multiple PoI flags overlap each other, you can't scroll in, the quest tracker floats around...

    With the coming overhaul planned for next year / the new Middle Earth TV series, I wonder if they gonna streamline that aspect a bit. What are your thoughts on the topic?

    submitted by /u/Noel93
    [link] [comments]

    Warden overrated?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2021 03:04 AM PDT

    Hello! I'm a returning player currently leveling on Treebeard on Deadly. Leveled a Warden to max 10 years ago. I've been playing a new Warden to level 17 and while fun I've felt really squishy - 2 mobs are a struggle with 3 being almost certain death. Might be me being crap but theres just so little time to build gambits.

    Now I've tried Captain and I'm just carving through the Chetwood with my herald. While DPS is lower the better survival makes up for it. It's weird that the dedicated support class outperforms the alleged solo king on Deadly landscape difficulty. Admittedly I'm still in Bree.

    Anyone else agree?

    submitted by /u/hares21
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot register

    Posted: 24 Sep 2021 07:01 AM PDT

    Hello everybody; I am a new player trying to create an account. When I click on register and put in my email, there appears a notification indicating that the email is used (to my knowledge, it has not). However, when I try to receive an email to change my password, I get another message indicating the email is not being used...what am I supposed to do?

    submitted by /u/chaotic_neutralrogue
    [link] [comments]

    Newbie Here

    Posted: 24 Sep 2021 06:57 AM PDT

    Just started today for the first time, I love caster classes, Rune Keeper is locked atm so I picked Lore Master, I was wondering how they are in game all I can find about them is negative. So was wondering if it was worth it to just go ahead and buy the Rune Keeper class, Also what content should I buy for the game as far as expansions go, its a little confusing!

    submitted by /u/kismet32
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment