• Breaking News

    Monday, August 30, 2021

    Lord of the Rings Online | A WoW refugee looking for a new home

    Lord of the Rings Online | A WoW refugee looking for a new home


    A WoW refugee looking for a new home

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 06:39 PM PDT

    Hey all ,

    So I've been a avid Warcraft fan for a very long time but as of late the game just has fallen off for me and is kinda just not fun anymore (not even because of the blizzard lawsuit) .

    My question is how is lotro compared to WoW?? I'm not to concerned about graphics or anything like that . My main concern is more along the lines of is there a active community like in WoW or how is the end game and how long is the leveling process.

    I'd like to add that I know very little about the game but I've been a Tolkien fan since I was 5 so if this game is it , I'd love to jump in headfirst!!

    Thanks all who see this post and respond!

    submitted by /u/pboi987
    [link] [comments]

    Love the Views

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 07:53 AM PDT

    The Smoking Adventures of Beniliborn Stormsting: Part 3

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 12:43 AM PDT

    I must show another pack of screenshots before a small break from LotRO.

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 01:38 PM PDT

    Who is your favorite character from each of the volumes?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 04:09 PM PDT

    I don't know if someone has asked this before but i just randomly thought of that.

    submitted by /u/confusion441
    [link] [comments]

    Dunland Cosmetics

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 06:32 AM PDT

    Where's your favorite music in the game?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 01:37 PM PDT

    Recently I started listening the the game's soundtrack again (instead of music or TV while playing) and damn, I forgot how good it is! For me, I really love the track in Aughaire and in the Second Hall of Moria. What locations do you all make sure to play a little extra loud?

    submitted by /u/returntoglory9
    [link] [comments]

    Can I lose the blur?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 12:23 PM PDT

    I love the game, but I have some vision issues and a lot of the time my vision is so blurry I find it difficult to read. I've been having a heck of a time with the blurred environments in places like Mirkwood and Lothlorien; it's giving me some pretty impressive headaches and interfering with my enjoyment of the game. Is there any way that I can turn off or lessen the effect?

    submitted by /u/evileine
    [link] [comments]

    Performance in the latest map (Blood of Azog update)

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 10:33 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I have a question regarding the game performance in the latest area. I have such bad frame drops, espacially in the snow storm. Are there any graphical settings which can help with this problem?

    <3

    (I run the 64 bit client and have a pretty decent machine)

    submitted by /u/PreChass
    [link] [comments]

    Returning character on Arkenstone

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 05:23 PM PDT

    Been a very long time. I've forgotten everything.

    Help jog my memory: which classes/specs are the easiest to play from the ground up solo?

    submitted by /u/golbezexdeath
    [link] [comments]

    UI size

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 01:31 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, Is there any way to increase the size of the UI box/windows? On 4K/8K resolution the texts are totally unreadable for the tool tips and other stuffs.

    Thanks for the help:)

    submitted by /u/Svedigino
    [link] [comments]

    Hello can someone help me with this error?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 08:24 AM PDT

    "Can't open the data files. Check that they exist and that you have permission to write to them. The program will now exit. [201]

    submitted by /u/Outside-Tank8769
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone ever considered a "X class is KINDA like Y class in Z game"?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 05:26 AM PDT

    The reason I ask is that sometimes people come from different games and are looking for something kind of like something they've played in the past. While there's never a 1-to-1 comparison, some can be closer to others.

    For example, anyone who's ever played WoW can see that a LOTRO Captain is very similar to a WoW Paladin. Both are melee classes that wear heavy armor and can spec as tanks, damage dealers, or healers. It's not a PERFECT 1-to-1, since the LOTRO Captain is based around buffing (in all thee roles), so the Red Line is more like a "buffer/dpser" and the Blue Line a "buffer/healer" where in WoW, the Retribution spec is DPS and the Holy spec is Healing...but it's a pretty damn close comparison. Having played a WoW Paladin back in the day and having dabbled with a Lotro Cappy, they seem similar enough to me for the comparison to work. I think anyone who played a Paladin in WoW would probably be happy with the choice of Captain in LOTRO if they enjoy that general playstyle.

    Watching Raelunil's 2020 class guide, Rune Keeper strikes me very similarly to old WoW Shamans, with the Runestones that you can place being similar to the Shaman Totems, as well as the general roles of caster and healer; admittedly the RK doesn't have a melee spec but has a support spec instead. Another example MIGHT be Beornings and WoW Druids, though the similarities might be somewhat superficial...

    I ask because another game I play, FFXIV, has recently gotten a lot of WoW players, and being able to advise new players with things like "White Mage is a lot like a WoW Resto Druid working with HoTs" or "Black Mage in FFXIV plays similarly to Arcane Mage in WoW with your 'Burn Phase' and 'mana restoration phase' alternating", and these things tend to be helpful to people trying to pick a class.

    And some may be mix and matches. Like I'm not sure how they play (haven't tried one yet), but if a LOTRO Champion's different Lines played like "Arms Warrior, Combat Rogue, and Enhancement Shaman" or something, that would make some sense to players of that game coming over.

    .

    Maybe this wouldn't be that useful for most people, but I think for some it would be kind of handy. And, of course, no playstyle is going to be 100% identical. Some are pretty unique - I can't really figure out WHAT Minstrel is like from ANY other game, as it's a healer, but a lot of its abilities don't really work like "cast spells" like a standard Priest type class does, with it almost being more similar to Archer/Ranger classes...

    But, I think overall, a "close approximation" type of comparison/chart/video/SOMETHING might be kind of useful to people.

    Granted, I'm super new to LOTRO, so I don't know nearly enough about the classes to make a lot of those comparisons yet...and it's possible no one person does, since that would require a lot of experience across a lot of alts across several games.

    But as a community, it's probably collectively possible. That is, I never played Warrior or Rogue in WoW, so I don't really know their specs...but someone probably does who has played Burg, Champ, and/or Guardian in LOTRO and could say whether those are similar or not.

    Anyway, just an idea/thought for a project for someone/someone(s) who is/are actually qualified to make such comparisons. :)

    submitted by /u/RenThras
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment