• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 9, 2021

    Lord of the Rings Online | Haven't played since before the first expansion, have a bunch of points, what do I use them on?

    Lord of the Rings Online | Haven't played since before the first expansion, have a bunch of points, what do I use them on?


    Haven't played since before the first expansion, have a bunch of points, what do I use them on?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 07:53 PM PST

    I was gifted this game as a kid when it launched by my mother since I loved Lotr so much. Apparently I have a vip membership that lasts until 2036 or something, surely the game can't have charged over 20 years of vip sub?

    I stopped playing sometime before the first expansion and didn't get super far since I kept making new characters and just running around exploring (which I still do, the game is so beautiful with the environments).

    Either way I have a bunch of points now that I don't know what to spend on. I'm currently lvling a champion and just got to bree and I haven't seen anything interesting to spend on yet.

    submitted by /u/Cvltvs
    [link] [comments]

    Other Tolkien-inspired games that are deep in the lore

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 12:09 PM PST

    Any other games that are good with Tolkien lore, and not just game mechanics skinned with LOTR? Anything that takes the movies as canon, e.g. should be excluded.

    submitted by /u/Ungentle
    [link] [comments]

    New LOTRO player looking for advice on upgrading account

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 09:47 AM PST

    I recently started playing LOTRO for the first time, and thus far I am really enjoying it. The graphics are absolutely stunning, and I find myself admiring the scenery and taking in the atmosphere almost as much as actually playing the game. I downloaded the game from Steam, and I am currently playing the original version as FtP.

    Regarding playstyle, I am more a casual player, and like to take my time and explore. I am uninterested in PvP or raids, and am more focused on PvE and exploration. My MMO experience is limited. I played Ultima Online back in 1997-1999, and a six month stint in WoW in 2005. Other than that I have dabbled a bit here and there. I much prefer a more open-ended, sandbox approach, and currently have my eye on the (hopefully) upcoming Ashes of Creation, but I have been taken in by LOTRO's charm and level of detail (I am also a fan of the works of Tolkien). As far as the social aspect, I am not much of a joiner, and am unlikely to join a guild. In the past I have tended to mostly play solo, and to sometimes play with a small group of people with similar playstyles.

    My question is, bearing in mind that I will likely continue playing solo, should I continue to play LOTRO as FtP, or should I consider upgrading, and, if I do upgrade, what is the best way to go about it? Can I continue to play FtP until the end, and, if so, is it enjoyable, or would I be better served purchasing an expansion(s) and/or perhaps a premium monthly subscription? I do not want to sink an enormous amount of money into the game, and I suppose I am looking at the most efficient approach. I am currently level 21. Is this a decision I can put off until later levels, or am I missing out on anything important?

    Also, regarding adding expansions, I am using Steam. If I purchase an expansion via the LOTRO store, will this cause any issues?

    Thanks in advance for any advice!

    submitted by /u/Archaaz
    [link] [comments]

    What areas would you like to see in next updates?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 11:23 AM PST

    Am I digging myself a hole with my guardian?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 12:10 PM PST

    so this is my first time posting on reddit so I thought I'd give a bit of background and go from there. I've been playing on and off since around 2016 and have about 650 hours clocked. as of now I only have 1 character. he is a red line guardian, level 87 in west Rohan. I'll admit that I don't really know the mechanics really in depth and so have never experimented outside of solo PvE on my red line to the most basic degree. I pretty much exclusively do landscape content and I'm not super fussed about the group content . Now to my dilemma. I've been reading a fair bit about how guardian is pretty much obsolete and not really worth doing and how it's only gonna get harder as I reach level cap. As this is my only character I'm going into everything fresh for the first time, without knowledge of what might be best. so I guess what I'm asking is, is it really so bad playing guardian? Am I really making things harder for myself? Should I just start afresh with a new character? I don't really want to because I don't particularly mind guardian and it's going to be such a time sink going all the way through back to where I already am but I'm worried I'm not experiencing the full potential of the game. if it's not really as bad as people say then, how can I spec and modify my guardian to increase the survivability and enjoyment of my only character? I'm sorry if this has been a massive rant and I'm probably unnecessarily worrying but I know how great and helpful this community is so I thought it'd be worth an ask. cheers for any answers!

    submitted by /u/multiplicityofmedia
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Guardian!

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 08:57 AM PST

    Hello!

    after having capped my champion and my hunter I want to come back to my oldest character, a Dwarf Guardian I made at day 1 of shadow od Angmar.

    I stopped playing him when West Rohan was release and he was around level 87, in Aldburg.

    Yesterday I tried to play with him again but I found it very slow and difficult to kill even normal mobs.

    He gome some hytbold armor, an updated 3rd age great axe and is specced in keen blade (red) trait line, but compared to other classes he seems much weaker.

    Looking around I've read guardian were nerfed to death, but I thought they were talking about end game, not for landscape or leveling?

    Can you help me with him? Give some advice on build, gear or similar?

    submitted by /u/Serpe
    [link] [comments]

    Returning player questions:

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 06:39 PM PST

    Hey guys, I know the title is the same as hundreds upon hundreds of other titles and questions, I do apologize. I did check the about tab to look for FAQ but couldn't find what I was looking for.

    I've played LOTRO before, on and off for the past nine years or so. Never for large periods but my latest was my longest and furthest progression. As a player, I don't like knowing I haven't done something, I don't like walking past available quests, regardless of their level. I like to read the quest stories and finish literally everything I can. My issue was last time I played a LM and by the time I reached Moria I had already thrown far too many fireballs, I was bored. It didn't feel like the character was progressing, occasionally I got a new summon that autocast debuffs, but overall it was fireball and the fire DoT on repeat.

    Which brings me to my first of two questions: Is the LM considered slow for Solo/World content. What classes aren't considered slow? If I'm already spending a bunch of time reading quests, I don't then want to then take forever doing then. For example, the playstyle of the Warden seems tasking, which I would find more enjoyable that hitting two or three keys and nothing else.

    Second question: Legendary server or no? Where is the playerbase? What are the downsides of each?

    Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Cheeseooo
    [link] [comments]

    Are Wardens Viable in the current raiding environment?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 01:20 AM PST

    Hi all

    I have an endgame Minnie who I've been running t2/t3 Remmo and Threshold and at the moment apart from those raids and my dailies, there isn't much to do so I'm considering levelling up my level 100 Warden who I left in Gondor several years ago.

    I don't see many endgame wardens and I rarely see them in T2 raids. I'm not sure what role they could fill given that Tanking is dominated by Captains. I've heard that Warden DPS can be good but it's a much higher skill bracket then Hunters/champs.

    So I'm wondering whether to invest the time in a Warden for endgame raiding if they aren't going to be picked much.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/useyourultimateffs
    [link] [comments]

    Help for quest Informing the Masses

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 02:29 PM PST

    This is the quest Informing the masses where you have to distribute goblin drawings in Goblin Town in Vales of Anduin. I am in the instance and I can see the glittery spots where the drawings should go but I do not get an option to do anything. I have tried turning Floating Names as I see that was suggested before but that did nothing to the spots. Has anyone else ran into this issue?

    submitted by /u/svanslette
    [link] [comments]

    Lagging in Angmar

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 10:55 PM PST

    Hi guys! Hope you all are doing well. Just wondering if anybody out there has experienced severe lag in Angmar. The grounds are so blurry. Takes time for ingame objects to load and all. Ive had no issues in other places though.

    submitted by /u/Sweet_Revolution10
    [link] [comments]

    Went VIP on an existing character... still only have 3 bags? A new character I make gets 5?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 01:47 PM PST

    So, related to the title. I tried looking up bags on the AH but couldn't find any. /World chat was saying VIP gets more bags but I am VIP already. Since I made this character during F2P, am I screwed to 3 bags the whole game? Or is there a way to get more that I'm missing? Im pretty new(level 19) so I'm assuming I'm missing something.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Captain_Auburn_Beard
    [link] [comments]

    Do the gender animations matter for an elf hunter?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 07:12 PM PST

    hi, I saw someone say that technically, if you care about min maxing, a human female burgler is better than a human male burgler. I was wondering if this is true for elves and hunters. Do the animations or whatever it may be, affect elf hunters? If so, which one is the preferred option? Thank you. I only ask here since i was unable to find anything about it from googling.

    submitted by /u/orginalname123
    [link] [comments]

    Quests - How to find it after you return to area

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 02:46 AM PST

    HI,

    i'm new to this game and I want to know how do I find quests which I did not take/finish after I already leave area and than in future want toreturn ?

    Do I need to go through all area searching them by looking on compass or is there any other way?

    Thank you for info :)

    submitted by /u/Ekfant
    [link] [comments]

    Fantasy Geek-Ranking the Lord of the Rings Characters..Which one will reign supreme

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 01:45 PM PST

    30 day no fap VERSUS relapse

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 03:37 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment