• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 18, 2021

    Lord of the Rings Online | A day may come when the enemy sneaks beyond our walls and attacks our gate from the rear...but...well, you know the rest.

    Lord of the Rings Online | A day may come when the enemy sneaks beyond our walls and attacks our gate from the rear...but...well, you know the rest.


    A day may come when the enemy sneaks beyond our walls and attacks our gate from the rear...but...well, you know the rest.

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 09:45 PM PST

    I’m running along playing a new Guardian and then I’m just...wow. This game is beautiful. How does one go about moving to Middle-earth, I wonder?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 10:10 AM PST

    The start of big adventures!

    Posted: 18 Feb 2021 12:36 AM PST

    The start of big adventures!

    I am Fudgekins of Gladden :D I like taking screenshots during the game and will be using reddit to display them. Also, I am new to reddit so forgive me if I am doing this wrong xD Also, I like bacon.

    https://preview.redd.it/m8r109m377i61.jpg?width=1600&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=c37f9f5cf4d5f70a493b7921ba87e3206fde5af7

    https://preview.redd.it/bcnqzcm377i61.jpg?width=1600&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=9ca8dc5af8fe7cfe402b9e8c438eba7dd83d92ca

    https://preview.redd.it/jbtmg0p377i61.jpg?width=1600&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=c5bef02c2e704f453e817870dd4e00913518b7cd

    https://preview.redd.it/3khsjkm377i61.jpg?width=1600&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=96a3e3fd0fab66eaa8ff4663a5534965124f3cd7

    https://preview.redd.it/0qook3m377i61.jpg?width=1600&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=1a5808654d2b6ab6b11c24ffb8c1b52054fd49ee

    https://preview.redd.it/n4mpioo377i61.jpg?width=1600&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=60229bfa1ab08d1b8014a4cc2647a3c35ace8a65

    https://preview.redd.it/scslwrl377i61.jpg?width=1600&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=35277d9de4ca627fa7e69ea2b37c553439b7ec72

    https://preview.redd.it/3b2wivl377i61.jpg?width=1600&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=4cc1b0a04c617cea387afa4a8a07919b0de334fe

    https://preview.redd.it/7wkblpl377i61.jpg?width=1600&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=b0b90860a72720bda6f614136aa23cb658fb2199

    https://preview.redd.it/8kkg3vl377i61.jpg?width=1600&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=af421c5a563a37c964dbc7f89a9f2237d10e65df

    A view of The Shire

    Inside a bear :O

    https://preview.redd.it/g3q5e4m377i61.jpg?width=1600&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=e529d2a19781ab3be56525752849b4df35a3ebf9

    Sigh... Lalia, Lalia...

    It's dark... The Old Forest doesn't scare me, though!

    https://preview.redd.it/javsz0m377i61.jpg?width=1600&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=a952cb5a8e2b28b5897ae98500ff944ad02c18e2

    Tom Bombadil Interior

    Tom Bombadil Interior

    submitted by /u/FudgekinsHobbit
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with Lotro store on linux

    Posted: 18 Feb 2021 01:43 AM PST

    Hey guys,

    Maybe one of you had this problem too and knows how to fix it:

    I'm running Lotro on linux via steam with proton. Everything is working fine, no chrashes or anything. But when I try to open the store from in-game, the game asks me if I want to open it on an external browser. I click yes and the game minimzies. Now you're browser should be opening with the store, but it doesn't for me (Firefox). Kind of annoying. Also the option to turn of external shop doesn't do anything, since the game still asks me if I want to open the shop external.

    Would appreciate your help!

    submitted by /u/Kiwi-TK-
    [link] [comments]

    "A Reel of Bree" - music by Burcwyn of Gondor

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 01:18 PM PST

    Tips for questing through Moria

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 08:03 PM PST

    I am level 54 and haven't been in Moria for long at all. However, it also feels like I've been in there for an entire lifetime. I'm already kind of directionally challenged and rely heavily on game maps to help me get to where I'm supposed to be going. However it seems that the maps of Moria are just confusing and often incorrect. One minute I'm following the map with extreme patience and paying close attention to where I'm going, but the next moment I am falling off a cliff or going in a circle. Am I just stupid? Do I really have to be in here until level 58? Will I ever see the sun again? Please help me through this labyrinth of hell. I want to really enjoy Maria for what it is and revel at the magnificent architecture and beautiful stories of the dwarves, but I'm just so overwhelmed by how confusing it is and how the perspective of the map is useless. Any tips for maintaining my sanity?

    submitted by /u/oarzem
    [link] [comments]

    r/gaming says this is from lotr online but that its not active, is that right? This is a very old screenshot from my friend who has gone missing, and I think he's part of an online gaming community. Can anyone tell me anything about it? Eg is that a unique character someone would recognise?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 06:07 AM PST

    Need help with an outfit idea

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 02:42 PM PST

    Hey peoples, I'm a returning player and I've decided to start over and I've forgotten what a lot of the armor looks like and how to get it. I need help for an idea. I'm a huge Witcher fan and I'd like to do an outfit inspired by Geralt's armor he wears in the Witcher 3. I'm obviously not saying that I want my character to be Geralt in middle earth, but just something that looks similar to his armor

    submitted by /u/uzooalt
    [link] [comments]

    [Unofficial LOTRO Webcomic] Book 2 - Ch. 2 and 3!

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 08:51 AM PST

    Skirmish Event...

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 06:44 AM PST

    Your insights

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 11:26 PM PST

    Soo! When I was 8 my father gifted me a lotro lifetime account (were huge lotr nerds) and I played on and off my whole life. I have a 92 Beo, a 67 Warden(my fave) and a 55 Hunter(first char I made when I was 8) I recently got my Boyfriend to play lotro with me, but didn't want to start a new char since I already have so many. I thought about doing the BoD while he's questing. It doesn't work as well as I thought... He's level 29 by now (Guardian). Should I still start a new one?(I play a lot more) or is it too late? And I would definetly want a human (love rohan) and a class which is good/okay for mounted combat. Thought about champion. (Don't like those "magical" ones)

    submitted by /u/Hot_Shot00
    [link] [comments]

    What is the cheapest way to max level and raiding in Lotro

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 11:18 PM PST

    Hi all,

    I am a new player in LOTRO and been playing Wow for quite some time. Now I am interested in LOTRO and was wondering what is the best way to purcha.se the expansion since LOTRO is quite complicated in the sense of Expansion, Quest pack and VIP

    This is what I kinda figured out in the lotro wiki through looking at the quest range of both the quest pack and the expansion.

    Correct me if I am wrong, but to reach the level cap (130), I would need to purchase the VIP for all the quest pack (lets say for 3 months, 30 USD) and the Expansion trove for 60 USD and Minas Morgul for 40 USD. However I will need to reach level 120 before the VIP runs out as Minas Morgul quest will still be available for me after VIP run out.

    I would have to spend USD 130 and another USD 20 if I wanted War of the Three Peak, for a total of USD 150. Is there any other way to get these for cheaper? Is it possible to get enough lotro points (1500 from VIP and misc from deeds) to buy the Minas Morgul exp within 3 months?

    I read from somewhere it is theoretically possible to grind to level cap with the free 2 skirmishes but I don't think that would be a very enjoyable way.

    Thank you for your answer in advance!

    submitted by /u/darthvaleriye
    [link] [comments]

    Help making the last few parts of the UI bigger?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 01:03 PM PST

    Hello folks! My daughter and I just finished reading LOTR and we thought we'd give this game a try together, but we're running into a bit of a problem.

    The UI slider nicely scales up things like the action bar and the mini map, but other elements like tool tips and inventory are still so small as to be illegible, which makes learning a new game pretty rough on an old gaffer like me.

    Are there mods or other settings I can tweak to make these last few bits large enough to read, or should I just bite the bullet and drop the screen resolution down super low?

    Thanks in advance for any and all help!

    submitted by /u/Doc_Webb
    [link] [comments]

    Good game for casual duo?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 01:59 PM PST

    I'm looking for an mmo to play with a friend. Is lotro an enjoyable experience for duo leveling?

    My friend and I are experienced gamers including wow but that game very heavily focuses on endgame chores and I don't think is a very good story driven rpg experience through the leveling process. Considering Neverwinter, ESO, Swtor, LotrO. We want to play casually and focus on story/leveling rather than competitive endgame.

    How many hours of gameplay is the leveling process? Subjectively, do you think it's 'fun' vs a race to level cap? How grindy is the game pre cap? Does the game allow characters to experience the story together or does it force you into solo content?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/karrotwin
    [link] [comments]

    It’s dangerous to go alone [LFF Arkenstone]

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 11:16 AM PST

    Hey there!

    I am writing on behalf of a handful of new/returning players on Arkenstone who have banded together to form a Kinship called Late Fellows, with the goal of moving through all of the LotRO expansions while experiencing the instances and fellowship quests along the way (kind of like a Legendary server, if you will).

    We have been established for about a month and we're doing well, completing all the instance deeds, and piling up loads of marks and medallions!

    We have a fleshed out Discord w/ Raid-Helper and have been doing organized events twice a week on Thursday evenings and Sunday afternoons (EST)

    We are scheduled to spend about another 6 weeks in Shadows of Angmar before we move onto Moria and subsequent expansions, spending about 4-6 weeks at each tier until Mordor, where we will reassess the schedule. If your interested in joining us, the Discord, or just want to fill out your Friends List, drop me a line. We'd love for you to join us!

    submitted by /u/SirNaves9
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a kinship on evernight

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 01:18 PM PST

    I have a lvl 130 burglar and i am currently in everlasting hope but i feel like the kinship is just to big and nobody really offers or needs help. I would like to join a smaller kinship with about 100 members or something around that.

    submitted by /u/Proud_Daschund
    [link] [comments]

    Crafting necessary for solo leveling?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 11:24 AM PST

    I am a casual player who mainly likes to do questing and landscapes. I don't like having too many alts. So I was wondering if it is necessary to do crafting because with two or three characters it won't be possible to make entire gear sets.

    Specifically I am thinking about starting over now with a rune keeper and a burglar. These seem to be my favorite classes. So will I be getting difficulties end game if you don't craft?* And if yes, what do you recommend for these classes? Or will you be just fine without crafting?

    Thanks in advance!

    *In the beginning of the game, quest items always seem to catch up to crafted gear so fast that it feels like a waste of time. But I've never been far enough into the game to know whether this is the case for higher levels.

    submitted by /u/sneakyici
    [link] [comments]

    Coolest Armor Set from Level Boost

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 02:20 PM PST

    All, I have this free level boost in my inventory I frankly have no intention of using except for shiny wardrobe reasons. I am hoping someone can point me to the gear contained inside so I can choose which one will look best in my wardrobe collection. #trueendgame

    submitted by /u/otherwise_sorbet
    [link] [comments]

    Small Stutters

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 08:51 AM PST

    I started playing LOTRO again 2 weeks ago, but I keep having a lot of stutters. I never had these stutters when I played the game a couple of months ago.

    I play on the highest graphics but this is nothing compared to the other bigger games I play, these games I can play smooth without lag or stutters, my internet is fine too. I am pretty sure it's from LOTRO's side.

    I don't know why he does this and I hope someone knows.

    I have a geforce 1060 3GB, 16 GB RAM and an Intel i7 7700.

    submitted by /u/DutchRealm
    [link] [comments]

    Leveling/gearing in LOTRO

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 12:34 PM PST

    I was wondering if there are any up to date guides on the fastest way to reach max level, while being decently geared along the way? Of course, not including the level boosts. I heard spam running skirmishes and then warg pens is the way to go, but you don't make nearly enough gold doing that to stay geared. Reason being is I enjoy the endgame content of this game, and got a taste of it doing BR back in the day. I also enjoy the Ettenmoors and was hoping to get into it as a Freep. The questing in this game is a little too much for me, and feels like that route will never get me to endgame unless I throw my life away. I know a lot of people enjoy the questing in this game, and I respect your opinion. Is there just any alternate way to do it?

    submitted by /u/emforay216
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment