• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 26, 2021

    Lord of the Rings Online | Older generation: playing videogames leads to violence. Me, just chilling with Gimli:

    Lord of the Rings Online | Older generation: playing videogames leads to violence. Me, just chilling with Gimli:


    Older generation: playing videogames leads to violence. Me, just chilling with Gimli:

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 12:14 PM PST

    Elderslade in the Evening

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 12:27 PM PST

    High Elf Guardian: From Gondolin to Mordor

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 07:01 AM PST

    Spring in Rohan.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 11:17 AM PST

    Level 120 gear

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 10:08 PM PST

    I recently returned to LotRO after a multi year hiatus and started my captain up again from western Gondor. It has been great coming back but now that I have reached level 120 and followed the quest to vale of Anduin, and.... Every mob is damn near kicking rear. I wanted to tough out a few quests but I think the problem is my weapons and finesse since most is getting mitigated. What level of gear and LI should I be aiming for before returning, currently using an imbued 2h sword with about 360 levels and gear between low to mid 300's itemlevel. I currently Play red and blue, but want to get into yellow once I have the gear for IT.

    Thanks in advance for any guidance or help the community can provide.

    submitted by /u/jellegaard
    [link] [comments]

    Me and the boys exploring Gollum's cave

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 12:12 PM PST

    Map to Echad Dúnann

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 01:09 PM PST

    Map to Echad DĆŗnann

    In all my years playing, this was a new and surprising drop from defeating a wight in Northern Barrow Downs. And I'm only at level 18!

    https://preview.redd.it/igdjm64dnjd61.jpg?width=2425&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=8c5a3734a0715aa85d714baca9113bd5780934d1

    submitted by /u/Educational_Joke1754
    [link] [comments]

    Ch. 4 thru 6 of the unofficial LOTRO webcomic!

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 12:08 PM PST

    The Lord of the Rings is on twitch

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 01:31 AM PST

    New player here about to embark on my journey through Middle Earth

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 02:57 PM PST

    Hello there

    I've recently installed the game and now it's finally the time to start playing. However I have a few questions. I've already seen the New Player Tips series on this subreddit but I was wondering, do any of you maybe know a good beginners guide video on Lotro. I will read the New Player Tips but I'd also like to watch a video so if any of you know a good one can you please link it?

    submitted by /u/Twiizzzy
    [link] [comments]

    Question regarding Dunedain Rangers RP on Laurein.

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 12:55 AM PST

    Hello there

    I'm a new player looking to make a Ranger of the North character on Lotro. Seeing as there isn't a real Dunedain class in the game (for obvious reasons) I was wondering if there are maybe any guilds that I could be a part of as a Dunedain.

    submitted by /u/Twiizzzy
    [link] [comments]

    Annoying

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 12:51 AM PST

    I've just been questing through Western Gondor for the very first time and gotten to Dol Amroth. I have a nice 380 Dol Amroth tokens, and thought great I'll use them to level up my FA LI with Scrolls of Empowerment, but my weapons are just over the level cap.

    If I've read this right, if I'd gotten here two weeks earlier, I'd have been fine. I've been loving this game for the past 9 months after coming back to my Lvl 30 character. I'm VIP, I've levelled my Toon up to 106 and I've only just purchased Mordor last week for when I get there and now this has completely knocked the wind out of my sails and has resulted in me having a very Meh attitude to playing now.

    I appreciate they want to stop people farming lower levels as much and to use newer content, but I've been punished for being efficient with my gold through the game and then spending it on SoE once I'd imbued. IF I'd done it the other way round I would have been fine.

    submitted by /u/daleyboy1234
    [link] [comments]

    Good for casual 2 player team?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 05:49 AM PST

    Looking for something me and my wife can play together on a really casual basis.... we love Lord of the Rings and we want to focus on story quests, crafting & gathering and housing. We are WoW vets (my wife way more so than myself) but we just mainly want to be able to pick whatever class we want and play just the two of us. Going to be taking it very slow and enjoying the world and lore. From what things I have read this game seems like a good fit... the idea is to make a couple of Hobbits and explore from there.... any advice?

    submitted by /u/Shug70
    [link] [comments]

    Hi, another wow refugee here

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 01:29 PM PST

    Hi everyone im thinking of trying out this game with my friend but it seems a bit intimidating at first with all the expansions... How much time is it to level to max level? What is there to do in the endgame (we are purely pve players) is it like wow where new expos invalidated previous expansions and you dont do raiding of old content? I read that the strength of lotr is the leveling and story which honestly i really want to get into. Leveling through zones in a relaxed way while going through middle earth bit by bit is really appealing im just worried if it takes like a year to go through the epic questlines.

    submitted by /u/Hasztalan
    [link] [comments]

    Raenruin Reborn a level lock kinship is looking for more members![Arkenstone]

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 06:59 AM PST

    Raenruin Reborn is reaching out to all free peoples. We are a kinship that locks our level at certain spots to experience the end game of certain areas. Currently it is level 60 in Moria! We are building up characters to this point so no worries if you are only lvl 20 or even lower. We love the game and want to help others experience the excitement of these unique end game areas. Feel free to join our discord server to join up or mail "Alerriel" in game. We are excited to start raiding and reliving the old days. We hope you join us in the Great mine of Moria and have a great day!

    https://discord.gg/gcP7s3DgAc

    submitted by /u/amazingamazing2
    [link] [comments]

    12 Captain Thoss run!

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 02:41 PM PST

    Landroval kinship- Secret Fire Rekindled Recruiting

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 10:30 AM PST

    Greetings friend, are you lost? Secret Fire Rekindled EST 2007 is welcoming players of all levels. We are a group of old school veteran gamers who welcome new and returning players. Nightly group runs, end game raiding, friendly advice, and lots of laughs. Have a bad case of Altaholism? We support that! We always welcome sarcasm, dry humor and positive attitudes. Where quality of people is more important than quantity. Casual to end game raiding kinship. Discord: https://discord.gg/X8dzHxXm Website:https://secretfire.gamerlaunch.com/

    submitted by /u/Mystify1020
    [link] [comments]

    Newbie who needs help!

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 08:26 AM PST

    Hey! I'm kind of a new player and just wanted to ask if there are any dungeons or anything to level up without doing quests?

    submitted by /u/BenceKocsordi
    [link] [comments]

    Hunter vs. Warden

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 09:15 AM PST

    I'm a returning player. With the current update, between Hunter and Warden, which class would be more wanted for end game instances/raids and such?

    submitted by /u/rescobar2011
    [link] [comments]

    new player needs a good class

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 03:08 AM PST

    Okay, i convinced an friend to play lotro, i myself played alot back then, poping back in every then and now.

    Everytime i come back, something in the balancing changed. Some classes did way more damage then im used to (or recieved , etc,etc,etc).

    Now one of my old buddys started to play, one convinced himself and the last one, my friend, wants to join in aswell.

    My friend started as an ranger, but quickly complained about the class complexity. He likes to quote "the fun a player have, is measured by the amount of meaningful choices per hour he does" (or something along the lines). With that mindset he started to complain that the ranger is too boring/it doesnt matter what he decide.

    Can you recommend him aclass where he have to combo rhe shit out of his class? where he can make meaningful choices or would you say ranger can become complex too (and what skilltree is the right one for him?)

    Keep in mind that we right now just left the tutorial. This is not a question aiming for 'level 7 balancing is off' and more like 'is it worth to invest time into this class with that mindset'.

    I would prefer if i wouldnt have to convinced him to invest money into a game he doesnt know and maybe dump after 4 more hours

    submitted by /u/FlorianSneider
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment