• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 12, 2020

    Lord of the Rings Online | My new trusty steed. If only I could ride him into battle!

    Lord of the Rings Online | My new trusty steed. If only I could ride him into battle!


    My new trusty steed. If only I could ride him into battle!

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 11:53 AM PST

    Who looks more "yule"?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 07:41 PM PST

    I have a confession to make

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 07:36 AM PST

    In the early days of LOTRO and the auction house, you were not able to stack some crafting items for sale. You had to post them individually; one at a time. I would post mid level items for below market price and people would buy them as soon as I posted them. Well I would grind some woodworker or forester items and sell them for 1 bronze each. I would price every 12th one for 1 gold. The buyer would just click and buy as many as they needed and would not pay attention to the price. I got so many harsh messages from so many people wanting their gold back. I don not regret it, made a bunch of gold until they patched it.

    submitted by /u/Ravencyco
    [link] [comments]

    [Fibro Jedi] Guide to the LOTRO Winter Yule-tide Festival - Updated for 2020!

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 01:20 PM PST

    [LOTRO Official FAQ] Changing Your Race, Gender, or Origin in LOTRO

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 07:01 PM PST

    Expension sale

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 01:19 AM PST

    Will the expansions go back on sale ever again? And when would that be? Im closing in on moria and would like to play that once my lvl is high enough.

    submitted by /u/Strider_Soul
    [link] [comments]

    About to hit 130, good way to gear up?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 09:53 AM PST

    Is there a recommended/easy way to get 130 gear when I hit cap? I want to at least take advantage of being at cap with 130 gear while I finish the regions I still have left.

    Any advice? Or should I just wait until I finish MM?

    submitted by /u/applejackfan
    [link] [comments]

    EXCUSE ME WHAT

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 05:10 PM PST

    The Beacons are lit! -or are they?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 08:30 AM PST

    Graphical update with patch?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 08:17 AM PST

    So anyone notice that there was a slight graphical update with the patch yesterday? We going through last night and realized that the rings that used to signify location(s) for quests now have animation to them?

    Any other subtle things like that that anyone has noticed?

    submitted by /u/mtbfj6ty
    [link] [comments]

    New user without MMORPG experience - where to look for?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 03:43 AM PST

    I came to Lotro as a fan of Tolkien, especially also for his faith and how that (e.g. free will, eucatastroph), shows through in his work. Also because of the Tolkien professor Corey Olsen and his shows on Lotro.

    Really enjoy playing as it is now, but sometimes I feel I'm going too fast and miss out on things, and sometimes I feel I'm going too slow and could get more out of it. I guess I'm just not used to immersion and too focused on finishing quests to level up fast and "finish" the game. While I sometimes also feel players are working on growing to higher levels fast.

    Now on Gladden Server as a hobbit hunter level 11. I'm a VIP. Still in the Shire.

    Zero experience in MMORPG, I think even my last actual video gaming is from 5 years ago.

    Someone has some advice on:

    Where to look for in my situation? What should I do or not do?

    Does delivering pie or mail really add to the experience or should I skip?

    Is interacting with other players a real addition if I'm in it for the lore?

    Is the server, race and class I chose a good one or would you suggest another? If so, will I need to start from scratch with the same kind of quests?

    Another thing:

    Running on an old laptop (10 years) on WiFi. So far holding up well, but sometimes experience lagging (walking with stops in between...) even in medium and low overall graphic setting. Current family setup doesn't really allow a better hardware position, but would it be the laptop or the connection? Is there something I can tweak in the settings to have a slightly better experience without the lags?

    submitted by /u/FrankvdN
    [link] [comments]

    Getting a black screen trying to enter the game on my Mac after this week's update

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 12:23 PM PST

    NOT running Catalina, let's get that out of the way! This laptop is a 2015 Macbook Pro running Sierra and had been fine until yesterday's patch. I fired up the launcher, it loaded just fine. Signed on, a black screen opened and then nothing. Had to force-quit to cancel it.

    It spent the night doing a repair after I rebooted, the laptop had only logged 80 days of uptime. This morning, exact same behavior. Tonight I'll do a complete reinstall from LOTRO.com, I'll see if that makes a diff. I'll delete the old installation first. My second Mac, a '15 iMac, is just fine, but it's running Mojave.

    Anyone have any suggestions for something else I can do before I start another overnight install?

    submitted by /u/Cloudster47
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment