• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 6, 2020

    Lord of the Rings Online | Lotro is Horrifying

    Lord of the Rings Online | Lotro is Horrifying


    Lotro is Horrifying

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 06:36 PM PST

    I had to pause the game just now and share my thoughts with this lovely community about the sheer terror I sometimes experience while playing this game.
    I have farmed a decent amount of karma documenting the beauty of this digital Middle Earth. It's my go-to relax at the end of the day game and sometimes I can ride around for an hour just taking in the landscape. The music, fashion, community, colors and graphics are entirely enchanting... But there is a darkness here that just isn't present in other games. Something that isn't in WoW, ESO, or even Shadows of War. They captured some of the all encompassing spirit crushing darkness that is in the text of the book that even the Jackson films only barely managed to show. A lot has been said about the music of Angmar, while some find it annoying, I find it hauntingly perfect. The music everywhere in this game is amazing but these tunes unsettle me much like Silent Hill music. Also the screams and moans of the units are pretty gruesome at times. The environments, with strange colors and disturbing imagery truly entice you to explore, for only dread to sink in the further you tread. Lastly, the character models... my god, these little creatures are down right disturbing. The thought and time that went into making the goblins, orcs, spiders, fricken trees is incredible. These guys are truly terrible to behold. I hope to God someone at Amazon is taking notes here, they aren't.
    Apologies if this has been talked about before, but I was wondering if you guys agree, and which areas you find most disturbing. The entire Haragmar region, for some reason, I never want to set foot there again, despite how much I love the design and quests. But yeah, I have played many horror games, love them. But this game is spooky in its own way, esoteric, I can't quite explain it. But it captures something very important about Tolkien's work that has been lost in the main stream.

    submitted by /u/Lonely_Cow
    [link] [comments]

    This guy JUST walked to Mordor and beyond in 14 hours

    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 12:28 AM PST

    appropriate gear for leveling just from questing?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 09:19 PM PST

    Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to get through the game with just the gear from questing and npc vendors (preferably for simple coin and not tokens). I love the open world and epic story line. And when I see the crafting and auction house Im getting confused and honestly I just wanna ignore those whole systems. I dont wanna research which open world drops I should keep, just sell everything in my bags. Now my question is: can I continue to casually play to end game with just gear from questing without running into problems and mobs slaughtering me? How often should I update my gear with npc vendors?

    submitted by /u/CosmicLitter
    [link] [comments]

    New player here, absolutely cannot login at all. Any tips?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 11:53 PM PST

    So I wanted to try this game out but am being met with a major issue. I've signed up, email, username, password, etc, but when I go to login on the launcher it says the username and/or password is incorrect. Okay, I go to reset the password after trying it multiple times only to be told at the reset section that it doesn't recognize my email address as being registered in the first place. I then go to re-sign up and it acts as if the email HAS been used. So... I'm at a loss as to what next? Any tips? I just rewatched The Hobbit and really wanted to try the game out. Cheers.

    submitted by /u/EbirahDB
    [link] [comments]

    Didn't know about these Easter Eggs, killer rabbits! Found this vicious little guy in the Balewood

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 09:38 AM PST

    Adventures Into Moria 2

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 04:11 PM PST

    Discovery: Stairs / AM

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 10:39 AM PST

    Noob question. Finally maxed out my first character ever!

    I bought the W3P expansion and was wondering how I run Stairs / AM?

    At the bottom is says instance unavailable because I have yet to complete the discovery quest.

    submitted by /u/RewriteLightt
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment