• Breaking News

    Monday, November 2, 2020

    Lord of the Rings Online | Saw this post and thought you guys might appreciate some Dol Ringwest.

    Lord of the Rings Online | Saw this post and thought you guys might appreciate some Dol Ringwest.


    Saw this post and thought you guys might appreciate some Dol Ringwest.

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 01:19 PM PST

    Peaceful morning in Brockenborings

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 08:06 AM PST

    Does anyone have a mirror of those 'Efficient Deed-run Maps' someone posted 2 years ago?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 04:48 PM PST

    Here's the link to one of them, there are links to the others in the comments:

    Efficient Angmar/Misty Mountains Deed-Run Maps

    submitted by /u/newedmbestof2013mix
    [link] [comments]

    (Decreasingly) Completionist's Elapsed Time Update

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 08:58 PM PST

    I started playing LOTRO for the first time as a High Elf Warden in March due to quarantine, and decided to do basically a completionist solo run. That originally meant all solo (and small fellowship where I could) quests, epic quests, exploration deeds, slayer deeds, all reps to kindred, all crafting maxed. One by one those plans have fallen away. Slayer deeds went first (after two zones), and all reps to kindred fell a while later, though I stayed strong until Gondor. Most of those since then in Gondor only made it to Ally with a couple of Kindred, as I can't abide the repetition of grinding them anymore.

    My original post was here: https://www.reddit.com/r/lotro/comments/j86hs0/completionists_elapsed_time_update/

    It took me 330 hours to finish Rohan and move to the beginning of Gondor. I have now completed 403 hours and just finished the last Gondor / Minas Tirith / Ithilien quest, sitting in the Camp of the Host and facing the Wastes. I think I did pretty much everything in Gondor, but it was a challenge. I was so excited to get to Minas Tirith, and found it a total slog. It's like the developers were testing my will, sending me back and forth, up and down tiers, across the city and back SO MANY TIMES.

    I had originally planned to do everything in the game. I'm now getting close to burned out, and am trying to decide whether to just finish the Wastes and the Epic Quest, or to go into Mordor and beyond. It's a great game, but much longer than I'd anticipated! I'm guessing at this point I'll end up around 450 hours to wrap up the Epic Quest, but we shall see.

    submitted by /u/IAMRaymondKHessel
    [link] [comments]

    How is guardian for solo landscape? Kill speed and survivability?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 05:09 PM PST

    I'm thinking of rolling a guardian. Being pretty inexperienced in the game, I'll mostly be doing landscape and skirmishes. How is guardian for AoE and single target killing, along with their survivability? Do they have any good self heals?

    submitted by /u/defragc
    [link] [comments]

    Friendly Bard Looking for Arkenstone Kinship!

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 01:39 PM PST

    Hail friends! My bard Allistairr, recently kicked to the curb by his Rohirrim boyfriend, is traveling the lands of middle earth on his lonesome and looking for friends to uplift with his song! ok in all seriousness though I am new to LOTRO but been playing mmos for a long time though, hoping to find a good kinship on Arkenstone that likes to do group content or help out their low level kinsmen with quests and early game skirmishes _^ oh i also have discord! k thanks bye <3

    submitted by /u/CainThe
    [link] [comments]

    How much of the cash shop does a VIP subscription help avoid?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 10:51 AM PST

    I've had my account for almost 8 years, but have never quite gotten past the level 23-24 mark. I'll revisit the game, get inspired by exploring the game world and being absolutely swamped in lore, and then I'll inevitably be overwhelmed by the cash shop and what I have left to purchase in order to have what seems to be a "complete" experience with a finished character.

    For the first time in 8 years however, thanks to the code from earlier this year, I have all the quest packs and expansion content up to Mordor I believe! That's a huge step in the right direction, but even then I still can't help but feel disheartened. I'm NOT trying to bash the game or the community when I say, often games with smaller communities require more micro-transactions to stay afloat, and the dedicated players might not care at all about spending money that a more picky, general audience may find unacceptable.

    My question is, if I want to finally get a more complete experience of LotRO, now that I have the bulk of the leveling content, is it possible for me to simply pay the subscription and pretend there's no cash shop beyond that? I know I'll have to pick up certain things like riding from there, but are there incentives, even for a VIP, or even for a long time veteran of the game with capped characters, to still dip their toes into the shop beyond the sub fee? What is your experience with the shop, and has it ever deterred you from playing long-term?

    Thanks for reading and your answers!

    submitted by /u/KJFreshly
    [link] [comments]

    Lvl 100 weapon/item questions - please help.

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 10:50 AM PST

    So I've just created my first lvl 100 weapon. The whole process is overwhelming and I'm figuring it out, but I have a few questions. So my weapon is a lvl 100 first age and I've leveled it up to lvl 31. I've also used one starlight crystal on it and a crystal of remembrance. Currently it has 4 majors and 3 minors (legacies). I have not imbued it, so now I have a few questions:

    1. I've seen weapons with 7 major legacies, so how is this done because I'd like to replace two of my minor legacies with 2 more majors? Can this happen before imbuement, or only after(I see there are scrolls of replacement)? If possible before imbuement, how does this happen and what do I need to get?

    2. Since I plan to replace two of my minors with two majors, should I tier up those legacies as well before imbuement?

    3. So this is my current to do list, what am I missing and/or what do I need to do?(see current state of my weapon above)

    Before imbuement Use 2 more starlight crystals. Apply a title (beleriand damage). Use scroll of delving to add 10 levels. Level to 70 and upgrade my legacies during reforge. Use scrolls of empowerment on my legacies to get them to tier 6. Imbue weapon.

    After imbuement Use replacement scroll on two minor legacies to major legacies. Use scroll of empowerment to upgrade those new legendaries. Use xp runes to start overall leveling. Commence the huge grind.

    1. Advice on where and how to get all the components? (First age symbol, Scrolls of Delving, empowerment, and replacement. Starlight crystals, crystals of remembrance, and anything else I need.)

    Thanks all. I know I'll need to create my LI as well and most likely a second weapon. Exciting times ahead!

    submitted by /u/Jsmooth73
    [link] [comments]

    As a guardian, do I have to make a man or a dwarf ?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 10:33 AM PST

    My kinship says that dwarf is better, on internet, I see mixed opinions... Am I doing right with a human ? It's for PvE so, I would like to be optimized (but I hate dwarves šŸ™„)

    submitted by /u/Abibak
    [link] [comments]

    Error 105 and 128 with fresh install, help! :)

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 01:43 PM PST

    Hi all,

    I just installed the game, created my character, and the game keeps crashing at the end of character creation. Three errors show up, two 105 "Could not initialize direct3d please insure that you have Directx 9.0 or higher installed." and one 128 "The game encountered a fatal DirectX issue while attempting to start. Try a different screen resolution or bit depth. If that doesn't work, try new video drivers." When I googled those errors, the recommendations were to check for updates, driver updates (tried this), or on the launcher window to click the menu, go to options, and Repair. When I click Repair and confirm I want to delete and reinstall the files, the launcher closes and nothing else happens.

    What else should I do? Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/Nymaria8
    [link] [comments]

    Error 5?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 04:06 PM PST

    I'm getting this message on the startup, even though I've repaired the installation (redownloaded everything). Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/radamant11
    [link] [comments]

    Returning Player - Lost Characters?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 05:47 AM PST

    I'm a returning player, probably last played 5-6 years ago.

    Just downloaded the game and found my server and characters seem to be gone. Is there any way of getting them back?

    I had tons of horses and cosmetic gear I don't think I'd be able to get back if I start over totally and I really wanted to go back to my old characters. They don't seem to show up in the transfer characters part of the launcher... Am I out of luck?

    submitted by /u/Flash1987
    [link] [comments]

    Launcher refuses to run non-admin

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 01:08 PM PST

    Anyone else having this problem? It keeps trying to install c++ libraries that I already have, and refuses to startup as an ordinary user. Worse than that, it's asking for my password like several times.. with that "keep window open" setting it was actually getting stuck in some kinda recursive loop with twenty windows opened all over the place.
    Hell I even tried the ForceAdminAccess shim that I use w/ swtor and that doesn't even fix it.. I've got a 10+ year account here, and I'm a bit of a coder, so needless to say this ain't my first rodeo..

    submitted by /u/chalk46
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment