• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 9, 2020

    Lord of the Rings Online | Whoever created this, put really much effort into this (2nd hall Moria)

    Lord of the Rings Online | Whoever created this, put really much effort into this (2nd hall Moria)


    Whoever created this, put really much effort into this (2nd hall Moria)

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    Angmar looking deadly

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 05:25 PM PDT

    Gallant Display

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 06:05 PM PDT

    One month VIP Guide?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 09:58 PM PDT

    Okay so we have decided to do the 1 month VIP to permanently unlock somethings as suggested by some people here!

    That said is there a Guide for this so we do not forget to do anything in particular to maximize our saving etc?

    Note:

    Some features are maintained on a per-character basis when downgrading from VIP to Premium.

    However, these features, listed below, are only maintained only for characters who have entered Middle-earth (logged in) while the VIP status was active; characters created after downgrading from VIP to Premium and characters that were created before or during VIP but were not logged into the game during VIP do not have access to these features.

    These per-character unlocks also function for content the character hasn't reached yet due to level or other restrictions.

    You keep these:

    *500 LP points because you get this once a month *all trait slots unlocked for all your characters on all servers *swift travel from all travel NPC's *riding skill quest for all your characters at/past level 20 *all 5 inventory bags unlocked *currency cap of 2g(free player)/5g(premium player) lifted *crafting guild you keepaccess to what ever you have advanced to 

    You will lose these below once the sub runs out:

    *two character slots (VIP gets you 7 and you will go down to 5 due to now being premium and have to disable two characters) *access to all quest packs and skirmishes *access to the legendary server *shared wardrobe(20 slots) *Rested 100% xp *unlimited monster play *ability to spend destiny points (not sure how this work do you keep what you bought?) *30 auction listings *Mailbox everywhere *access to crafting guild advancement 

    Now what to do during the month of VIP:

    Now because of the LOTROFREEQUESTS coupon I do not think it's worth the time to ride all around to unlock slayer deeds as we have most content unlocked and it should be easy enough to unlock more due to the 99 point sale.

    Also there's no need to go and try to unlock all swift travel spots as the wiki claims, "Characters of Premium players who downgraded from VIP keep access to all swift travel routes, even travel routes that character did not unlock while VIP".

    Use up 7 character slots with one each of the free classes and log in once and possibly unlock the horse quest at level 20.

    For me I think my to do list would be:

    *use up 7 character slots with one of the free classes as three classes are locked out for me. (Beorning, Rune-keeper and Warden) which would need another 3 character slots.

    *level each character to level 20 and complete the horse quest to unlock the skill for free (save 95pts per character).

    *maybe use some destiny point?

    *maybe look into getting some crafting guild advancement though I think this maybe be for later on in the game?

    Also I am not sure of using up all 7 character slots as I would possibly like to have one free slot to be able to point farm via doing the starter area, delete character/repeat and I don't know what happens if you buy another char slot but already have two characters locked out?

    Do they unlock one blocked character automatically or can you keep that character slot "free"?

    Is there anything else I should be thinking of doing?

    Sources:

    https://lotroplayers.com/2019/01/28/minimal-vip-for-max-result-2019/

    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Account_Types#Downgrading

    submitted by /u/BinaryPirate
    [link] [comments]

    Summoning Little Friends Like Radagast

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 12:10 AM PDT

    Hi, I'm a 112 level LM and when I was doing the RP run, I saw that one of the LM in our party was able to summon all of the little friends (cat, squirrel, snake...), I wanted to ask him how he can do that after the run but he left immediately when the run finished. I wonder how he was able to summon all of the little friends at once like Radagast.

    submitted by /u/yagmur-tanrisi
    [link] [comments]

    GANDAAAAAAAALFFFF

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    Imlad Lalaith evening

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 10:36 AM PDT

    New at playing this.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 05:51 AM PDT

    I'm lotr nerd and I heard about this and decided to play. All I want to know is if people still play this and how to get a party. Also, is there a voice channel for players to communicate during playing sessions?

    I've been apart from the MMORPGs world for 7 years and want to come back. So I just wanna know if people still do partnerships and whatnot. Sincerely J.

    submitted by /u/jimmygarterex
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite zone?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 09:22 PM PDT

    Recently getting back into the game and I never made it past Mirkwood ( which I hated!) I'm excited to see what else is after it! What's everyone's favorite zone and why? I've always always enjoyed following the fellowships path so I am looking forward to that.

    submitted by /u/Jpalme11
    [link] [comments]

    Gold making?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 11:34 AM PDT

    What's a good way to make gold in LOTRO? I've got a modest amount.. about 1k between my two toons level 100 and 30.. but I've mainly just been selling excess ores that I don't use for my crafting professions.

    submitted by /u/CaptainMigz
    [link] [comments]

    Mounted Combat

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 01:56 AM PDT

    Really not a fan, which is why my highest level character is 80. I stopped playing back then because i hated the mounted combat so much, is there a path for levelling which skips mounted combat entirely? is mounted combat still a thing post rohan? would i be better off just making a new character and levelling up to rohan ignoring the rest? Most of my alts are in the 60-70 range but the thought of mounted combat just makes me not want to play them

    submitted by /u/LKMarleigh
    [link] [comments]

    What to do from lvl 120 (coming back after a while)

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 11:26 AM PDT

    I stopped playing right near the start of Mordor and am finally back.

    I'm a 120 Hunter with mostly just Mathom-Hunter lvl 120 gear (I do have decent legendaries though). I don't have a clue what to do or what type of gear I should be aiming for right now since I'm so out of touch with the current meta.

    Should I try and find some crafted gear, any solo quests or instances I should aim for, just buy stuff on the AH, etc.

    I'm going to grind to cap as quick as I can...just hoping for a few pointers on where to focus once I get there since I'm starting the gear game from the bottom and have no clue about the current content.

    (If there's already a guide out there...feel free to just call me dumb and point me in the right direction).

    submitted by /u/Staxxed
    [link] [comments]

    I will bow to no one!

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 01:21 PM PDT

    Automatic Rest XP Question

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 09:31 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I was reading through the account types entry on the wiki, and noticed this line about automatic rest xp and was curious about it. The line is, " Automatic rest XP. A possible side-effect is that quest content may be out-levelled before it is finished. This can be counteracted with the store-bought XP disabler. "

    So my question is, why would you want to disable earning XP? What does it mean by quest content being out-levelled? Like, you would be level 16 and the quest that you just got is level 9, so it's super easy? Or are there quests that you can't do if you're a higher level than the quest? Why would you want to use a XP disabler. Any info would be great. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/brokencreedman
    [link] [comments]

    Plugins

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    Hi as may be obvious from my other post/threads I am new to the game and I am playing it with my wife and son. We are not so much endgame players and tend to like/questing and doing other completionist things of that nature.

    Right now we are looking all three of us playing from Bree, the man starter area, and looking to do all quest and deeds before moving on to the next section.

    We are thinking it may be a good idea to use a experience remover which I believe stop experience gain for "levels only" I think, I am unclear if it stop VXP gain which we would like to keep. We would use the remover to halt out XP gain so we do not over level an area too much. Not sure about over level penalties in this game and is still something I need to find out about.

    That said I have looked into skins and plugins.

    Ones I am using now:

    JRR BGM Opaque Light skin

    titanbar

    Moormap

    Terrainmap

    sequencebars

    Looking at possibly:

    combat analysis

    buffbars

    What I am really for right now though is some kind of updated VirtueView plugin that allows you to see or track which deeds you have done/need to do and which will allow you to see what deeds can be done in the particular area you are in.

    Any idea what can be used?

    Virtueview looked ideal for this but hasn't been maintained and I think doesn't work anymore from what I read on lotrointerface.

    Any other plugins that are up to date I should maybe take a look at..keeping in mind we will be wanting to take out time and smell the roses and not really in a hurry to do endgame so prob will not be doing any kind of raid type content anytime soon.

    EDIT: Hmm currently looking into MoorMap overlays, specifically Whiteberry's overlay...right now I can see lots of things in the Moormap but not seeing the location of slayer deed mobs.

    EDIT2: Yes Moormaps does what I was looking for as it has Whiteberry's Deed info as an overlay which you can toggle on via the overlay options in the top left of the map. I read this will give you slayer mob locations etc up to Rohan!

    Note the toggle to open the moormap is in the bottom left possible hidden under the chat window!

    submitted by /u/BinaryPirate
    [link] [comments]

    Getting 0003-0003 error from lotro store and i cant access, any answer for this?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 06:51 PM PDT

    Getting 0003-0003 error from lotro store and i cant access, any answer for this?

    seems to be that my country Venezuela is bann from the host of the lotro store idk... i try the external browser thing and not working, so ? any help here plz i wanna get the quest packs

    https://preview.redd.it/i1dpg3yxis351.jpg?width=1219&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=b962bd7a23720b79ecdc6c8489d3ce18a8228432

    submitted by /u/WizzardMoto
    [link] [comments]

    LOTRO in-game store issues on Linux

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 07:05 AM PDT

    Source of "throwaway" T11/T12 essences?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 06:50 AM PDT

    Is there a decent source of temporary essences at the tier 11 and 12 levels? I'm talking about simple greens, stuff to fill the sockets while you work on the good stuff. Ones you can overwrite later with a good essence without worry.

    There's plenty of lower-level essences to be found, but thanks to stat inflation those are basically worthless.

    submitted by /u/hume_reddit
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment