• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 25, 2020

    Lord of the Rings Online | Simply Stunning

    Lord of the Rings Online | Simply Stunning


    Simply Stunning

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 08:01 PM PDT

    Did I waste Virtue exp?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 02:11 AM PDT

    What happens if you earn Virtue exp while your equipped traits are at their maximum value, do you lose that exp?

    I was working on some deeds in Ered Luin and I was awarded 2000 Virtue exp, then I noticed that the only virtue I had equipped (and was earning) was maxed out.

    Is it possible that I permanently missed out on some Virtue exp, or did I just get enough to fill it up with no exp overflow?

    submitted by /u/Zokathra_Spell
    [link] [comments]

    [NEW/RETURNING PLAYER ADVICE FORUM]

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 10:47 AM PDT

    Welcome or welcome back to LotRO! I and a few others on this subreddit want to assist you make the best choices you can, and to expedite that process I am going to use this post as a "catch-all". Feel free to post all your questions here. You will be answered to the best of my own knowledge and the others who have been here for a while. This post is intended to evolve as more information is distributed, and I will constantly be updating it.

    If you notice anything you want added/changed please feel free to comment or message me. Below I will include links to informational websites/forums regarding many of the common question I see on this subreddit.

    LotRO Forums

    LotRO Wiki

    Previous Reddit New Player Post 1

    "Which class should I pick?"

    regarding class selection, I will include a few links below that give a detailed description of their roles. My personal recommendation is as follows: for people who enjoy healing or support, try the minstrel, captain, or loremaster (the Beorning is a great healer but I would never recommend him as the first class you try). For those who want to be up in someone's face doing damage or tanking, try the Guardian, Champion, Captain (and warden if you are comfortable with complex mechanics). If you want to do some serious damage from range, give the hunter or runekeeper a try. Finally, if you desire a unique experience with good damage and plenty of tools (debuffs, combat tricks, stuns, combos) try the burglar.

    (More info)

    "How do I play my class?"

    As far as initial leveling, play however you like. Don't get stressed about being "bad" as early content is quite easy and forgiving. Once you reach high levels you can start to get concerned with optimizing your solo and group play, as it will save you a lot of time in the long run. If you would like an explanation of what your role is, when to use certain skills, and what rotations you should prioritize - I will leave that up to contributors who are experts in their class. I can give advice how to min-max a Captain, as that is the class I have played for years and have reached end game content with for many expansions. I can't recommend my playstyle to everyone however, as I am fiercely competitive and have years of PvP experience in mmos. Yes and no. This game is not balanced for PvP. It reminds me of League of Legends in it's early days, where every character had an opportunity to be ridiculously overpowered. Freeps have more opportunity for this, but creeps have over-inflated stats to compensate for missing essences and skills. My biggest complaint is the grind it takes to reach a point where you feel strong in this game. However, once you reach the top, it feels really good. I have seen Captains in the field with almost 1m HP, tanking a horde of Creeps like it's nothing. The imbalance almost adds to the novelty of this game and writes its own stories. People stand out because of how much stronger they are than everyone else, and people look and them and say, "wow". I kind of like that. If you are familiar with WoW and want the same PvP here, you won't get it.

    "I like PvE, is this the game for me? If so, what are the best classes for that?"

    Yes! This game has an immensely well written story to lean on, and it truly shines in the world-building aspect. Epic fights between you and monsters you have read about is just the beginning of the excitement. The raids are well done for the most part, and some have very interesting mechanics. If you are an end-game raider, you will never run out of things to do, which can be a plus and a negative. Some of the quests can be very linear, but no game can bat a home run every time. Building your character and experiencing this well-crafted universe is a joy that I wish everyone could experience. Once again, I will defect to any experts on their particular classes on addressing which are the 'best' for PvE. I can strongly recommend Captain on my own, as they are top tier buffers and tanks. They are a little slower when it comes to landscape clearing, but I have never had a serious issue with it.

    As I said before, this list of information will be added to as you ask your questions.

    If you have experience, please feel free to answer questions I have in the post or in the comments and I will add them below with credit

    How should I spend money? u/zekoush


    Is crafting important endgame? u/todi39

    UPDATED BETTER ANSWER u/DanPiscatoris


    Which Server is best for PvMP? u/EdgesandAces


    When should I worry about Legendary Items? u/DanPiscatoris


    Returning player? u/hoibideptrai has got you covered!

    submitted by /u/Best_Ryze_NA
    [link] [comments]

    If people are able to 3d scan assets and environments in LOTRO and export them, could the lotro world be revised in a new engine in the future?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 12:11 AM PDT

    In the size comparison videos posted here earlier, the creator stated he simply scanned the assets in Adobe creative studio and boom he had all of Minas Tirith at his disposal with no lag, unlimited draw distance, and full detail.

    In the future it would be amazing if someone rode around middle earth and scanned the entire LotRo creation into a new engine like unity. Imagine the potential of modern graphics and rendering with such an expansive world Turbine and SSG have created.

    Video in question

    submitted by /u/Best_Ryze_NA
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for new Cook and Farmer?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 03:03 AM PDT

    I have just made a Yeoman and was hoping for advice from people who have recently levelled Farming and Cooking. For example, what are the best crops to plant at each tier to allow you to make foods that are useful (maybe for only as ingredients for higher tiers).

    Thanks all!

    submitted by /u/SqueakFromAbove
    [link] [comments]

    Hobbit only Kinship?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 11:49 AM PDT

    Hi all, new here and thinking of returning to the game. Are there any Hobbit only Kinships out there?

    submitted by /u/Mordimac
    [link] [comments]

    Rohan without going through Moria

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 06:35 AM PDT

    Has anyone gone to Rohan without going through Moria first? I've got two characters on two different servers, and one of them I've already put through Moria and done the quests there. I kind of wanted to explore a different region for my other character who didn't go through Moria. Is this possible? Will I still need a legendary weapon?

    submitted by /u/allycat0522
    [link] [comments]

    Best use of LP’s and gold

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 12:47 AM PDT

    I'm level 52 (elf hunter) and barely spend any money. My account has been live since 2015 (though had an old account I lost somewhere from 2011/2012), and had alway prioritised saving LP's for the quest packs (bought Evendim a long while ago), I came back to the game just before everything was unlocked free after a couple of years (only had a poor work laptop).

    With the free quest packs and 99lp expansions, I've maxed out on new content for quite some time. So what's the best use of spending my LPs from Deeds moving forward? I'm not really a cosmetics kinda guy and want to use for account progression.

    Similarly, is there anything really to buy in the AH with gold? I've bought the occasional bow / armour / jewellery but nothing significant and often upgrade armour from the skirmish camp. So don't feel like there's anything I'm saving towards.

    submitted by /u/daleyboy1234
    [link] [comments]

    Mature Tolkien Community - That has been growing

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 08:55 AM PDT

    I stumbled upon this Mature Tolkien Community on Discord and its growing everyday, Come Join and be apart of the Community as we discuss every topic including the new LOTRonPrime.

    Discord: KNXKG77

    submitted by /u/CrisisCores
    [link] [comments]

    Warden trait line

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    Best line for wardens?

    submitted by /u/Hammel7777
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice for the end game

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 08:37 AM PDT

    I am a Hunter and I recently reached level cap. I'm not quire sure where I should go or what I should do to get the best gear and would like some advice.

    submitted by /u/nate_2468
    [link] [comments]

    Has something changed with night-time graphics?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 07:42 PM PDT

    I haven't changed any of my graphic settings recently but it just seems like this week, the darkness at night is extensive and realistic. I can only see a short distance away from where I stand. I think previously I could barely tell when it was night-time.

    submitted by /u/Melayla
    [link] [comments]

    Burglar topic

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 09:21 AM PDT

    Hello all. I am a returning player looking for some help concerning Burglar. Im currently level 14 (if that is relevant) and i run Blue line Burglar, and so far it is quite okay. It has some nice DoT and i can kill things pretty fast. My question is what line do you recommed ? To what level is Blue line good and from which point Red line takes the advantage ? Also im looking for advice about Virtues. What are good for Burglars in general ? And for last, what skill is better for initiate fight from stealth: Cunning Attack or Surprise Strike ?

    Hope that this post isn't repetitive, since i couldn't find recend Burglar guide. Thank you in advance for any comment and advice!

    submitted by /u/micic_mica
    [link] [comments]

    New online game about LOTR?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2020 11:36 AM PDT

    it was rumored that a new online game was planned. It's true? If yes, then when?

    submitted by /u/obezkr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment