• Breaking News

    Friday, June 19, 2020

    Lord of the Rings Online | Never really liked MMOs but love LOTR so thought I'd give LOTRO a go. Happy to say I'm really enjoying it so far. Any advice for a new player?

    Lord of the Rings Online | Never really liked MMOs but love LOTR so thought I'd give LOTRO a go. Happy to say I'm really enjoying it so far. Any advice for a new player?


    Never really liked MMOs but love LOTR so thought I'd give LOTRO a go. Happy to say I'm really enjoying it so far. Any advice for a new player?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 02:02 PM PDT

    Have been playing on and off for over 9 years and finally got a character up to the Dale-lands

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 05:28 AM PDT

    Facing Shelob for first time in Remmorchant raid

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 09:38 PM PDT

    My wife recently got super hooked on lotr type content, I suggested we try lotro. i played years ago. We want to focus on story and lore.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 08:37 AM PDT

    Hey guys. I played LOTRO years ago, quit around moria (I deeply regret this) but am interested to come back with my wife fresh and experience mostly the main storyline. She just finished the books and is hungry for more. We made accounts and are downloading the client now. I assume most of the vintage quest lines are solo-able these days? Any other tips for us? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/bluethunder1985
    [link] [comments]

    New player experience basics

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 08:13 AM PDT

    I have been playing LotRO for about a month now. I started 4 alts to play on 2 different servers- they are now a lvl 31 captain and lvl 23 burglar in Landroval, and a lvl 28 champion and lvl 15 hunter on Crickhollow. I chose these servers because my research indicated these were medium pop servers. Research, and the game, bears out that the more populated areas often suffer from lag problems, so I figured the medium pop servers would have enough players to mix with, yet perhaps less lag. I have found plenty of players in the world in the areas level 10-40 so far, and that has increased a lot since both covid, cheap quest pakc sales, and free areas until Aug 31st have come into play. I have found significant lag in places like Bree, but I cannot tell you if it is better or worse than more populated servers like Brandywine.

    So, gameplay. I come from the standard WoW (and a few other f2p MMos) background. For any who are considering the game, my general comments follow.

    Solo leveling is typical, quest and quest hubs, many kill X or collect Y items quests. Some more fun or atypical quests as well. All my characters have found solo leveling easy, in fact very few times do I take more than a bit of damage. Unlike say WoW Classic or the like, it seems almost too easy to level so far. I can take on same or 1-2 higher level mobs solo and not worry. Yes, mob adds are a problem but not terrible, I have not seen many areas yet where they are so densely packed as to get more than one or two.

    Gear- quest gear is ok. Usually only has one or two stat lines, basic. Skirmish gear (level 20+) is similar, but even less stats. The mob drops, BoE, are by far the best. 3 stat lines, all fairly high. I highly suggest, at least thru lvl 50 or so, that you check the Ah often for armour/jewelry/weapons to buy as you level, there is not a lot on Ah but it is usually fairly priced and makes leveling a breeze. Don't just vendor them for next to nothing, save for an alt or give/sell to a friend/kin member.

    Dungeons - I am not a big dungeon guy, and I don't see many people using the group tool. There seems to be a multitude of new named kins running around, I would guess small kins. Some of them I see run dungeons, on or below level, you just have to get out there and look/ask in chat channels, or join a kin and see if its for you. You can always quit it and try another.

    Middle Earth itself - this is the gem of the game. Very nice landscapes, regions, and graphics good considering age of game. I found Shire, Ered Luin, Bree very fun to experience, music fits but get repetitive like all Mmos. Lone Lands different, I like it, you may have your own opinions on zones, but most well done and true to the lore.

    Lotro points- my goals was to start 3 different alts, try them out, do f2p and crank the easy starter zone deeds out on all 3 to get LOTro points, and it works well. Up to you if you want to do VIP for 1 month to get a lot of perks; simply pay for something and get premium (which I ended up doing); or just doing f2p. Now with the extension of free quests in all regions until Aug 31st, and the current quest pack sales of 99LP (super cheap, usually 500-900LP each), you have lots of choices. I myself have ground out enough LPs to get 3 riding skills/mounts, a couple virtues/traits, 5 extra bag slots, and the Moria, Mirkwood and Isengard quest packs (if I ever get that far lol) and currently have 1000 LPs in the bank.

    Leveling and end game - For me, and many other players, the journey thru middle earth is more important than end game. From both in game and research, I think you will find the starter areas and end game level cap areas very active, but likely the levels 40-100+ not so much. Up to you if you want to grind to end game and play with the veterans or just journey, I have no experience or answers on that!

    Sorry, its a TLDR now, hope I helped explain it OK for potential/new players.

    submitted by /u/doctorofgood
    [link] [comments]

    A few suggestions on how to make PvP in LotRO a game mode people enjoy and come back to.

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 09:38 PM PDT

    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?680933-A-Way-to-Encourage-the-PvP-seasonal-server-in-LotRO-and-increase-it-s-longevity

    Hey LOTRO team, I really enjoy what you are doing with the game. Good on you for making risky decisions and pushing out new mechanics and game modes to keep it interesting. I believe in order to make this PvP mode successful and a proper draw to new crowds, it needs a bit more. First, add a "valour" system for killing other players within 5 levels of yourself. Players should be immune to PvP from players who are above this threshold, and players cannot heal or interact with allies 5 or more levels below them.

    THE VALOUR SYSTEM can work similar to commendations, but should have an additional system in place. Players can earn up to %1000 increased valour, increasing %10 with each successful kill or assist. Once they pass a certain threshold, they will be marked on the map to everyone as a "Kill Monger". Players who participate in the take-down of said player receive a large bonus valour, and players who are helping him receive less. There should be a global message when a Kill Monger is taken down. If possible, "Hot-zones" should be marked on the map, signifying where lots of kills are taking place.

    REWARDS at the end of the season should be a currency based on valour earned and overall placement in multiple categories. There can be deed-chasers, first to level cap, first to finish certain instances, most kills, most valor, etc. In order to create balance, everyone should start on a level playing field, so no bonus items from collectors packs or anniversary gift boxes should be applied to characters.

    Titles - unique titles should be awarded based on performance in each season, and can persist throughout all seasons. For instance, if a player achieves "Ultimate Kill-Monger" - meaning they achieved the max +1000% valour gain during one season, they may receive a unique title that they can not only use on all their characters account-wide, but also on the future PvP seasons. Smaller titles that are less significant would only be applicable for the PvP server seasons to denigrate the heroic acts you may have achieved in the past.

    Cosmetics- it would be difficult to create a new cosmetic reward for each 1-month season of the PvP server, but doing so would be a massive incentive for players to come back to LotRO each month to take another swing at the challenge. If new cosmetics is off the table, establishing a ascending tier of cosmetic rewards account-wide that perpetuates throughout each season would suffice. Players would come back to hit the next level and shoot for a higher tier of cosmetic if they missed their chance last season. Mounts would be an incredible bonus if possible.

    LotRO Points- for whomever achieves the top 5 players in each season, there should be a large prize pool of LotRO points rewarded. This could be 2000,1500,1200,1000,500 - or much more. With all other benefits ignored, this would likely be enough to motivate players to join each month.

    Alternative Ideas
    - Valor points can be account-shared, allowing you to purchase unique gear and cosmetics for your main account characters.
    - Seasonal themes. These can come in the form of different server-wide buffs and debuffs. For instance: all players can't access crafting, all players run +25% faster, all players receive double trait points, all players start at level 30, all players are on a rotating region lock - receiving a debuff blocking xp and gold gains, etc.

    submitted by /u/Best_Ryze_NA
    [link] [comments]

    Yet another returning player (from 115)

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 10:10 AM PDT

    I just jumped back into LOTRO. When I left, level cap was 115 and we were running through Mordor. So around U22/23 I think? I read some of the release notes, but I'm having a bit of a hard time putting everything together. What should I be looking at for the major changes apart from the obvious level cap increase? Getting to 130 from 115, is there a certain level where there is a "jump" in stats (think like the jump from 105 to 106 gear years back)? Is crafted gear now the big push? Is Light of Earendil still needed for endgame content? To get "decent" (able to solo T1 Lib/School with my warden) what should I be doing for gear? Are normal instance drops decent (the real ones)? What is the overall synopsis? Is there anything that I absolutely need to know? Where do I get imbued LI relics? And for the love of Eru, where can I find some info on endgame gear (not just top-tier, maybe top 2 or 3 tiers)? Because the sites I used to go to have jack diddly on anything over 115. Thank you in advance guys and gals!

    submitted by /u/briantc318
    [link] [comments]

    Compendium

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 01:38 PM PDT

    Is it worth do install compendium? I've heard it helps a lot.

    submitted by /u/alumbradoss
    [link] [comments]

    Zone of Truce?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 04:21 AM PDT

    Hi guys, I just got to Othrikar in the North Downs on my character and can see I have a buff called 'zone of truce' that states 'members of Elrohir and Elladan's cohorts may not do battle in this area'. Is there some sort of open world PvP in lotro now?

    submitted by /u/R41N1NG
    [link] [comments]

    Runekeeper, does it stay this effortless?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 07:06 AM PDT

    I recently dusted off my level 44 RK and have been questing on her in the yellow line. So far she's been face tanking mobs easily without having to kite and its been great for my old hands and wrists. But I can't help but think it can't stay this way, right? Eventually I'm going to have to kite or die a lot?

    Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying her a lot right now and I don't mind doing light blue quests if that's what it takes to keep playing this way, but I'd rather know now if the road ahead of her is going to get much harder because then I'm better off playing a tankier class.

    submitted by /u/MirVie
    [link] [comments]

    LOTRO Live Streamer Jon of the Rings

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 05:48 AM PDT

    Hey All!

    If you're looking for a great LOTRO streamer, check out Jon of the Rings

    I didn't know I'd care for watching a live stream until I stumbled upon it a few weeks ago. He's a cool guy and fun to watch - also plays some other games, but the main focus is LOTRO.

    If you're bored some day, go check him out!

    submitted by /u/jlam7893
    [link] [comments]

    I computer issues much of this month. I am VIP. Plan keep it yo be honest. Do I need buy anything else? I know some sales were coming however az vip is it necessary to buy stuff?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 04:58 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment