• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 23, 2019

    Lord of the Rings Online | Gandalf: XP hog

    Lord of the Rings Online | Gandalf: XP hog


    Gandalf: XP hog

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 12:55 PM PST

    Playing on the big screen tonight

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 04:18 AM PST

    Cost of LOTRO

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 05:59 PM PST

    Quest Packs -

    24175 LOTRO Points for all Quest Packs (up to Vales of Anduin U24)

    23000 Point Deal ($200) + 1600 Point Deal ($20) = $220 (you'd have some points left over)

    VIP -

    $15 VIP per Month if charged every month

    $10 VIP per Month if charged every three months

    $8.33 VIP per Month is charged once a year

    Expansions -

    If bought from LOTRO Store:

    $140 (Up to Minas Morgul)

    Breakdown:

    Quad Pack $40

    Helm's Deep $20

    Mordor $40

    Minas Morgul $40

    If bought from Alternative Source (CheapPunk) and LOTRO Store:

    $113.18 (Up to Minas Morgul)

    Breakdown:

    Quad Pack $16.59 (CheapPunk)

    Helm's Deel $16.59 (CheapPunk)

    Mordor $40 (LOTRO Store)

    Minas Morgul $40 (LOTRO Store)

    The Cost -

    If you wanted to not pay for VIP, but unlock all Quest Pack/Expansion content

    If bought from LOTRO Store: ~ $360 ($30/month for first year)

    If bought from Alternative Source (CheapPunk) and LOTRO Store: ~ $253.18 ($21/month for first year)

    If you wanted to be VIP and buy all the Expansion content (Assuming $15/month VIP)

    If bought from LOTRO Store: ~ $320 ($27/month for first year)

    If bought from Alternative Source (CheapPunk) and LOTRO Store: ~ $293 ($24/month for first year)

    If you wanted to be VIP and buy all the Expansion content (Assuming $10/month VIP)

    If bought from LOTRO Store: ~ $260 ($22/month for first year)

    If bought from Alternative Source (CheapPunk) and LOTRO Store: ~ $233 ($19/month for first year)

    If you wanted to be VIP and buy all the Expansion content (Assuming $8.33/month VIP)

    If bought from LOTRO Store: ~ $240 ($20/month for first year)

    If bought from Alternative Source (CheapPunk) and LOTRO Store: ~$213 ($17.75/month for first year)

    Assumptions -

    • You didn't buy anything on sale from the LOTRO store (including LOTRO points)
    • If you don't go VIP, it is assuming you aren't going to buy anything from the store with points
    • I do not take into consideration the 500 points you get per month for VIP
    • I assume you are going to buy all the Quest Pack or Expansions at the same time during the same year
    • Some numbers are rounded
    • First year just assumes a 12-month period
    • This assumes you are a new player with no previously purchased content

    Why did you do this?

    This was actually part of some graduate school research I was doing. I am working on a project with a colleague on MMORPG pricing and we're getting a list together of the costs of MMORPGs on the market. We're also looking at microtransactions, loot boxes, and other "whale" behavior. This is just what we're calling the "apparent" costs or the costs that appear upfront so to speak.

    I'd love to hear feedback. This is a side project and not related to our actual research, I just found it interesting.

    submitted by /u/Evodius
    [link] [comments]

    If I sub can I solo all content?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 10:19 PM PST

    I had an account and played till kirkwood, but I got banned because I was an idiot. I want to make a new account, can I play all content solo?

    submitted by /u/feomothar
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to ignore Legendary Weapons ?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 09:32 PM PST

    Or is it not viable at all ? Which class suffers the less without legendaries ?

    submitted by /u/JeanPaulVandamme
    [link] [comments]

    Making a focused Kinship?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 01:14 AM PST

    Would anyone be interested in joining a focused Kinship? I know that there is a reddit Kinship already but what would you all think about starting a Kinship focused on crafting or raiding? I think it could be fun if there were dedicated Kinships to that in the game.

    submitted by /u/vuvuzela-haiku
    [link] [comments]

    Best place for Anfalas scrolls and crystals post Valar

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 01:10 PM PST

    I used the 105 Valar recently and am just about ready to imbue my weapons and begin grinding my legacy levels. What is the best place to find Anfalas Scrolls of Empowerment as well as the Anfalas Crystal of Remembrance? Will it be best for me to backtrack to so dailies in Minas Tirith or will that take too long?

    submitted by /u/Hobbitlad
    [link] [comments]

    Draigoch selfie.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 03:56 AM PST

    Black Friday Sale

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 08:44 PM PST

    I know that black friday sales usually have steep discounts on expansions, but is there a discount for subscriptions as well? Is the Minas Morgul expansion going to be discounted, even if just a little?

    submitted by /u/DenkiChikara
    [link] [comments]

    The LOTRO Beacon: Issue 138 (LOTRO Content Creators, Minas Morgul Soundtrack, Quest Pack Sale, Free 100% Craft XP Boost)

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 03:26 PM PST

    Minas Ithil Rare Crafting Mats BoA?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 01:45 PM PST

    Wait... Have the rare crafting mats like Ithilgalad Hides or Pure Ithilharn always been Bound to Account, or did this change with Thursday's patch?

    I just went to have someone do some crafting for me and realized I actually just have a stack of 10 useless mats, womp. -.-

    submitted by /u/naarcx
    [link] [comments]

    Should I start playing LOTRO now, for the first time? Or did I miss the train, so to speak?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 02:40 AM PST

    Background:

    • I was very into WoW from launch through BC and lost interest somewhere in the middle of Wrath of the Lich King. I used to play about 5-15 hours a day (weekday/weekend).

    • I tried Age of Conan for a while, but while the graphics were impressive, I didn't particularly like the combat or dungeons. I quit when they went free to play.

    • I tried Guild Wars, and Guild Wars 2. Both times for about a month. Something just put me off about those games and I can't put my finger on it.

    • Being an Elder Scrolls fan, and partially due to Zenimax's promise to never ever go free to play, to let the game die before going F2P, I naturally picked up ESO the day it launched.

    I loved ESO despite its many bugs and flaws and participated actively in the community, writing whole novels on feature ideas that everyone loved and of course were ignored by the devs. But that's how these things go and I was still hopeful about the game.

    Combat and dungeons were okay. Storylines ranged from okay to great. I liked the crafting system and even made extra accounts and leveled bank characters for extra storage space.

    I quit when they excitedly announced the game would finally go F2P, hooray. The game is basically unplayable without a subscription though (inventory limitations). You can just also spend additional money to progress faster now.

    • Having a job and a family was part of the reason I didn't take up any new MMOs. I simply couldn't spend enough time in them anymore to make it worth it.

    • I will have more free time in the future due to becoming an independent contractor with mostly home office.

    • I've recently felt the urge to go back to WoW, but I don't like what has happened to the main game (casualization, skill trees).

    • I considered WoW classic, since I have a stronger sense of nostalgia towards vanilla WoW than any other game, but the thing is while I loved the game when it was all new, got immersed in the world and the stories, loved leveling up my crafts and crafting rare items, even enjoyed grinding towards some rare mount or just gold in the bank, and as much as I loved Molten Core and as excited as I was to finally beat Ragnaros with my guild, and how much fun I had in Tarren's Mill, and later Altarac.....

    I don't wanna do it again.

    So, given my recent bout of nostalgia for the Lord of the Rings universe, and given all of the above, do you think I should give the game a try, or will I just waste time and money? My main concerns/questions are:

    1. How is the F2P aspect of the game implemented? Is it basically pay to progress faster, or is it limited to cosmetics?

    2. Did I basically "miss" all the storylines of the previous expansions, or will I go through all of it to get to the current level?

    3. Is crafting developed heavily and central or at least relevant to the game?

    4. Which of the above games is the combat system most similar to?

    5. How are the raids? Are people still doing low level stuff or will I have to skip those? Or is the system incomparable?

    Thank you very much for reading all of that and for your input.

    submitted by /u/don_cornichon
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for level 50 or 60 capped Kinship on Evernight or Laurelin

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 12:35 PM PST

    See title :)

    There was a post in August about a Kinship called Carefree on Evernight. Is it still active ? Any other kinship ? Could be RP or non RP, the only thing that matters is level 50 or 60 cap.

    Thanks !

    submitted by /u/JeanPaulVandamme
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth buying discounted Rohan Quest pack or should I wait for the Rohan expansion to be in a sale?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 07:06 AM PST

    Can anyone ID this chestpiece (and trouser if not just generic) cosmetic? Sorry if this isn't allowed. Thanks.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 02:35 AM PST

    Lotro Event: 11th Annual Grand Elven Ball

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 06:09 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment