• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 7, 2020

    Lord of the Rings Online | Returning after long break (like 2011 lol). Game still solo-able?

    Lord of the Rings Online | Returning after long break (like 2011 lol). Game still solo-able?


    Returning after long break (like 2011 lol). Game still solo-able?

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 04:21 PM PST

    Background: I'm returning to LotRO after a near decade-long break. Am a Lifetime VIP and Founder but just had put the game away in favor of many other MMOs and offline games during my 30s. Got an itch to load it up this past week and retrieved my account. I'm playing on Anor to try out the Legendary server but all my old characters are on Landroval. Highest level was around 40. I wasn't super in a hurry back then lol

    So to my question: is the game mostly solo-able these days? I don't think I'll ever be able to join a kinship that has regular raid nights so am I going to be missing huge swaths of content as I go about my leveling? Are there kins that still run old content if I wanted to experience those battles or story bits? Is there any system that lets you run instances with NPCs? I've been playing FFXI and FFXIV for the past 5 years and their Trust system is really great in that area.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/gdavidson_79
    [link] [comments]

    Do you even Alt?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 12:58 AM PST

    Favorite Instances?

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 03:05 PM PST

    Hey, LOTRO Reddit!

    I'm a big fan of instances (dungeons and raids specifically), and LOTRO seems to have some interesting ones. Now, I'm a noob, levelling a level 30-something Man Champion, and I was wondering: What are you guys' favorite instances up until War Of The Three Peaks? I'm looking for instances (3, 6, or 12 man) to really get excited about as I level and experience all the content for the first time. What's it called, how are the aesthetics, how are the boss and trash mechanics? I'm a big mechanics nerd in these kind of games, so that last one is especially important to me, especially after coming from WoW where everything has unique tactics. But most importantly, how hard are they on their hardest difficulty? I'm a Champ who loves a challenge; pushing my skills to their limits is always my favorite part of a game!

    I'd appreciate any replies you can throw at me, and I'll see you all around Middle Earth!

    submitted by /u/MoonlitSkies29
    [link] [comments]

    Returning player on Gladden - Any roleplay or RP kins on this server?

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 03:43 PM PST

    Looking for some roleplay as leveling can get quite tedious. I enjoy both combat and non combat based RP. Just looking to liven up the game world a bit. Level 60 man captain here.

    submitted by /u/theschlep
    [link] [comments]

    The LOTRO Beacon: Issue 181

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 02:16 PM PST

    The role of Burglars in 3-man instances

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 12:22 PM PST

    Hi! I was thinking about creating a new character, and the Burglar class caught my interest. The thing is, I do not know if this class is good in 3man instances. I know Burglars are support characters that debuff and stuff. Am I correct in assuming that in most (if not all) 3mans you´d want a classic tank, heals, DPS setup? Where would a burglar fit there? Is it common to replace either DPS or heals with one? What are your experiences?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Cold_for_Teacher
    [link] [comments]

    FYI, dwarf-make items are statted incorrectly.

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 07:43 AM PST

    All crafted items with multiple outputs are outputting dwarf-make items with the same stats as base items.

    Tested on cloth, leather, and plate.

    Not sure if the dwarf-make stat database got copied over or what. Submitted a bug report to SSG.

    Elf-make items seem unaffected.

    submitted by /u/Hasuko
    [link] [comments]

    Does this mean it's marked as solved at SSG? (Not used to making tickets)

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 03:28 AM PST

    Any seasonal GM/DM with great experience in RPG/D&D campaigns?

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 09:51 AM PST

    Was wondering if there are any experienced nerds in doing RPG-RP campaigns both tabletop or digital. If you are can you contact me via DM, would like assisnts in some aspects.

    submitted by /u/Ancalagon-
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment